R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NSantana Send a message via MSN to NSantana
Default How many (xxx-s owners)

Hello everyone,

I've got 2 xxx-s G+'s and noticed something today...both are graphite chassis but are different styles. How many did they make and does it have anything to do with the age? Thanks for the help
NSantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

.................. The only way I know the XXX-S came was in a RTR Kit which were mostly plastic parts and the Pro kit that was a graphite kit you put together.

............ I noticed you are in the N.Y.C. area. If you need help with parts and service, contact the guys at NYC Hobbies. ( www.nychobbies.com ) Ask for Vito, the manager. He'll also give you info regarding a place to race on weekends.

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 01:59 AM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to burbs Send a message via Yahoo to burbs

Im pretty sure there was two grafite versions.. one of them was really milled out compared to the other..
burbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are you refering to the fact that one has the TL logo actually as part of the chassis where the other one does not? I think the logo chassis from what I understand was a limited edition short run. I don't know all the details other then I have seen one before and they are not very common. Maybe someone else here can shed more light on this.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Yea there are two versions as i think they may have switched supplier during production run or slightly changed design. Not a great deal of difference and one does not perform better than the other.
losi_g+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:16 PM   #6
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

There are two different XXX-S graphite chassis.

One is from the XXX-S Graphite Conversion Kit. This converted all the chassis parts to graphite. This chassis was exactly the same as the "plastic" chassis in shape and milling. It just had a few extra holes in it.

Then there is the XXX-S Graphite Plus kit. This chassis was changed in the milling slightly compared to the old graphite chassis.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:29 PM   #7
Tech Elite

There were really 3 versions of the graphite chassis. The original was part of a kit to change the original XXXS completely over to graphite parts and this is the chassis with the TL logo. Then with the first run of G+ kits the chassis had additional milling to reduce weight and some of the cut outs were more of a X design. With the G+ plus kits, the rear arms were updated also to include the second set of outer holes so you can run the offset hubs(carpet) or the standard hubs(asphalt). Plus the G+ had newer shock towers with additional adjustment holes for camber locations. The G+ plus chassis is also easily identified by it having two mounting options for the steering post that affect ackerman. Finally the 3rd version of the graphite chassis has ribs molded from the center spine of the chassis up to the front and rear bulkhead mounting flanges. This may be more than you wnated to know but I had time to type so here you go!!! LMAO

Brant
Losi Geek
B-Main Motorsports

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote