Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
tc steering angle >

tc steering angle

tc steering angle

Old 11-05-2017, 05:45 AM
Tech Initiate

Default tc steering angle

I have several tamiya tcs even tho I'm fairly new to on road. Mine are all tamiya and love them except for the tts. I wanna build a diff brand maybe a team or sakura. I want to make sure not to get a chassis with limited steering angle like the tt01+2s. Suggestions on chassis to avoid that have limited angles like the tts? I really like the team tc club or apex as a budget car but can't find info on the steering angle and if it cuts short like tt02s.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had a Tamiya XV01 a while back. I put double cardan cvd shafts upfront and it had the most steering angle I've seen on a awd touring car.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rcaddicted85 View Post
I have several tamiya tcs even tho I'm fairly new to on road. Mine are all tamiya and love them except for the tts. I wanna build a diff brand maybe a team or sakura. I want to make sure not to get a chassis with limited steering angle like the tt01+2s. Suggestions on chassis to avoid that have limited angles like the tts? I really like the team tc club or apex as a budget car but can't find info on the steering angle and if it cuts short like tt02s.
Your complaining about limited steering angles. But you purchased an extremely entry level tamiya car. For $50 more you could've purchased a much higher quality tamiya car. TA05, TA06, TA07, TB04 all have what you are looking for. And definitely any TC that's $300 and up will offer what your looks g for and way more. Pick a car and hit the track
Old 11-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

You can't find steering angle here because nobody talks about it. There is no set steering angle for the car although I find that anything over 26 degree is overkill. 26 degree is pretty much the maximum mechanical steering angle you can get out of most of the car. You might think your car's steering is limited but you might be running optimum angle already. Your car's front end might be scrubbing. Measure the steering angle in and out and post it. You will need set up station for that.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Forgot to ask what you will be using the car for? For racing, you don't need a lot of steering angle since if your turning too tight you will be scrubbing speed and going slower. However if you have some other use, let us know and we can go from there.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Team Associated TC4 does not have a steering stop like the TTs. Not sure about the Apex. However, there is a practical limit to the steering angle when the knuckle hits the c hub. But there is plenty of steering even for small tight tracks with the TC4.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
Your complaining about limited steering angles. But you purchased an extremely entry level tamiya car. For $50 more you could've purchased a much higher quality tamiya car. TA05, TA06, TA07, TB04 all have what you are looking for. And definitely any TC that's $300 and up will offer what your looks g for and way more. Pick a car and hit the track
I have 2 tb03 s that I got first I bought the tt02 for dirt cheap on a clearance out of curiosity and it made me Leary when trying new chassis but I know what u mean u get what u pay. I love my tb03s tho older they are very competent to hold their own, tb03 parts are starting to become scarce so I wanna get something newer that wnt dry up for awhile. Lol god the tt02 is awful tho lmao.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

I have 2 tb03 s that I got first I bought the tt02 for dirt cheap on a clearance out of curiosity and it made me Leary when trying new chassis but I know what u mean u get what u pay. I love my tb03s tho older they are very competent to hold their own, tb03 parts are starting to become scarce so I wanna get something newer that wnt dry up for awhile. Lol god the tt02 is awful tho lmao.

What parts are you needing for the TB03?
Old 11-28-2017, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia View Post
What parts are you needing for the TB03?
I have all parts working so I dnt need anything immediate I just like to be able to get spares without having to dig around, for instance chassis plate, I've scuffed and scratched the hell out of the one bashing in p lots n dnt see a carb reinforced one anywhere.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

What do you guys think about building a ta07 to run on a clean asphualt lot? I haven't decided what I want still... I have never had a belt driven yet and those included shocks n cvds look sweet. I already have electronics.I was thinking tb04 also but its not much diff from the 03 and the 07 besides belt also is a standard upright susp which I have t tried accept the TT but thats junk and dnt count
Old 11-28-2017, 07:18 PM
Tech Initiate

What do you guys think about building a ta07 to run on a clean asphualt lot? I haven't decided what I want still... I have never had a belt driven yet and those included shocks n cvds look sweet. I already have electronics.I was thinking tb04 also but its not much diff from the 03 and the 07 besides belt also is a standard upright susp which I have t tried accept the TT but thats junk and dnt count
Open to other suggestions to if anyone has them, no more then 250 for kit itself
Old 11-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Open to other suggestions to if anyone has them, no more then 250 for kit itself
3Racing, SpecR, BSR BT-4 are few that come to mind. Belt driven. Iíve been running the BT-4 for over a year in all kind of conditions. Itís becoming harder to find. Iíve got a few from 3Racing. Not their touring car but a FWD and couple drift cars. All have been solid.

Havenít tried the SpecR. But have raced against one.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
3Racing, SpecR, BSR BT-4 are few that come to mind. Belt driven. Iíve been running the BT-4 for over a year in all kind of conditions. Itís becoming harder to find. Iíve got a few from 3Racing. Not their touring car but a FWD and couple drift cars. All have been solid.

Havenít tried the SpecR. But have raced against one.
Who makes the bt4? Never heard of it
Old 12-04-2017, 05:30 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Who makes the bt4? Never heard of it
Itís a rebranded Team C. I knew nothing about it when I bought mine. I was on the edge of trying racing. And for a short time the BT-4 was sold a 21.5 RTR version, a 13.5 almost ready to run, and as a kit.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...g-car-kit.html