R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2006, 11:33 AM   #91
Tech Regular

Sorry if we have been slow getting back to some of your requests, but with Ed running at the Snowbirds, and from what I hear with success with the stiff pickle, and M e ou twith ACL surgery this week, we have been off the computers. As of Monday we wil be back up and running at full speed, and I hope to also have shirts available for rorder also next week.
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:53 PM   #92
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to eforer

Just a quick clarifacation on one feature on the chassis.

A couple of customers have had questions about the screw hole sizes. The holes on the chassis are desinged to have the screws "tap" in (ie thread in). This is especially important on the top deck because of the lack of countersinks. The tight screw holes positively locate the top deck preventing it from moving around and tweaking the chassis.

The thread in screw holes on the bottom plate help prevent stripped screws as you don't have to over tighten the screws to keep them from backing out during a race. The graphite helps to hold them in place.
Old 02-14-2006, 05:19 PM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks Ed for the chassis, worked really great at the birds. I ran the pickles chassis the whole time to do some testing for them, results are great!

RC-Trim | Serpent USA | On-Point | Trinity | Revtech | ORCA | BSR | KO Propo | PT RC Racing Oil | WTRC | rcpitwhores.com
peter_robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:22 AM   #94
Tech Regular

For guys looking for other reviews, I pulled this off the T2 thread also.

Yesterday, 08:20 PM Report | Post #3138

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCRACER123

I want to change my top deck to try and get rid of the tweak issue. But I dont know if I should get the team pickles one or the CRC one. They both would fit fine on the stock chassis.

Anybody have any comments?

I put the Team pickles one on at the birds and it was dialed. It made the car super stiff and I dont think there is anyway in hell you can tweak it with that top deck. The holes are so tight you will need to open them up slightly to get the screws to fit but it works great that way....It will NOT tweak becasue there is no where for the screws to move in the top deck!!

EA
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:04 AM   #95
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Imagine what the comments would have been if they used both decks (upper and lower)...
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 11:47 PM   #96
Tech Addict

hey guys we just got a few more cars in that have not been claimed. Credit card ordering should be up tonight.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #97
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eforer
Just a quick clarifacation on one feature on the chassis.

A couple of customers have had questions about the screw hole sizes. The holes on the chassis are desinged to have the screws "tap" in (ie thread in). This is especially important on the top deck because of the lack of countersinks. The tight screw holes positively locate the top deck preventing it from moving around and tweaking the chassis.

The thread in screw holes on the bottom plate help prevent stripped screws as you don't have to over tighten the screws to keep them from backing out during a race. The graphite helps to hold them in place.

It has come to my attention that a small number of top plates WERE in fact drilled with screw holes too small. The possible recipients of these plates have been emailed. If you feel that your top deck is one from this batch, you will recieve a new deck no questions asked.

If you don't want to wait, the issue is easily resolved with a 7/64ths drill bit which is availible at any hardware/home improvement type store. Or you can simply use a body reamer.

We take care of our customers, and for those with bad decks, we'll do whatever it takes to make things right with you.

We apologize for the inconvience.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #98
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default customer service

Just thought I would let everyone know ,
I was one of the people to get a top deck with this problem and I was taken care of .I also had some other issues with the chassis(or what I thought were problems) Ed sent prompt pm's to clarify any questions I had regarding his product.Have to say good customer service

AWESOMATIX USA-SANWA--BSR--TEAM SCREAM --SWEEP RACING USA--TQ WIRE--ROCHE USA--LRP
Sal Amato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #99
Tech Addict

thanks sal, its a bummer we had problems with the decks, but I'm glad that we were able to give you a satisfactory solution.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #100
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Hey Ed thanks for the Chassis and top deck at the Birds. I only had time to install the top deck but it worked awesome. I took some very hard hits in some of the races (some on my own and some not ) and my car NEVER showed any signs of tweak at all!! I like the tight fit of the screws because it reduces the chances of tweak even less becasue there is no where for the screws to move!!

Let me know when you get the other thing done we talked about!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:56 AM   #101
Tech Addict

Hi Eric, thanks for the kind words and congrats on your A-main runs. Your car looked dialed and was a rocket ship! I'll have something for you this coming week hopefully
Old 02-19-2006, 10:06 PM   #102
Tech Regular

eforer: I had problems keeping the car flat on the board last weekend at the birds until I ran across a team pickle top deck. It took care of the tweak issue and landed me in the 19t A on the last qualifier. If it weren't for a bad start things could have turned out better. Thanks

Donny Schaff
donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #103
Tech Addict

nice work Donny! I like hearing about my products in A-mains, even if I didn't drive it there lol

In other news, our last two sheets of carbon fiber are being cut tomorrow. We will have some lead time in between graphite orders. If you want to have a car from this batch, order asap. It could take up to two weeks for us to get another stack of carbon fiber from our supplier. Guys going to the carpet nats, this means you!
Old 02-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #104
Tech Addict

WE ARE OFFICIALLY SOLD OUT OF CHASSIS BOTTOM PLATES

We will have more in a couple of weeks when the next shipment of carbon fiber arrives.

We still have quite a few top decks for sale, but I would anticipate those being gone by the end of next week. If you guys want them for the carpet nats, order now!

We also got our first batch of shirts in, and they are Pimp-O-Mite!

In our first 3 weeks, we've sold out of cars, put several in the show at snowbirds and had a lot of fun. Thanks to all our customers.
Old 02-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #105
Tech Addict

Default shirts!!

Ed - I definitely want to buy a shirt (XL of course).

Barry
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote