Like Tree239Likes

Gizmo Racing GZ2!!!

Old 10-27-2017, 08:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here's some video of our practice session last night. The other cars on the track with me are all A800's. My laps will show up with my last name (BROWN) on the video. White body, blue wing.

The car was amazingly good most of the night. I was running on a set of tires that had 900 laps on them by the time we finished up. I threw a new set on for the last 2 runs and it was terrible. They're from a MUCH softer batch and things weren't right to keep the car from lifting and doing weird things when it set back down. Prior to that, though, it's as good a car as I've ever driven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv2_uRvvg2k
Old 10-27-2017, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

I spent most of the night experimenting with "swing" weight in the rear. It was pretty dramatic how it affected the car, but it's also something that will need adjusting with changing track conditions. I did try putting shims under the ball studs (AT21) and thought the car was worse. Lazier and more prone to rolling. Gonna try some AT21s (-.5mm) next time, especially with this new batch of tires that feel like 24s.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
I'm really not sure if I want to buy a GZ2 any more if the owner of the company tries to make potential buyers look like idiots.
Besides the fact that nobody made anybody look like an idiot here, wasn't Gizmo from Denmark? Unless that has changed, you're not even talking about the owner of Gizmo, just about the US distributor (who still didn't make anybody look like an idiot).
Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirkW View Post
Besides the fact that nobody made anybody look like an idiot here, wasn't Gizmo from Denmark? Unless that has changed, you're not even talking about the owner of Gizmo, just about the US distributor (who still didn't make anybody look like an idiot).
No Christian officially owns the company now. It is USA based, and dare I saw the only one (not 100% sure but I believe every other company is owned elsewhere)
two shoes likes this.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thecaptain View Post
No Christian officially owns the company now. It is USA based, and dare I saw the only one (not 100% sure but I believe every other company is owned elsewhere)
Really? Wow, never heard about that yet. In that case he was talking to the owner. As to the only company... isn't Tekno (ok, that's to the Off-Road side of things) still US based?
Old 10-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

'Merica! Yeah, we are USA Based and about 50% of the components are USA Made from USA Materials. We are looking at moving the diff, spool and pulley production over stateside within the next month or so as well. The car at the moment is a legal immigrant, but looking to get it's citizenship soon.

Would love to put a "Made in the USA" sticker on the box. But sourcing a lot of Awesomatix parts makes it difficult to achieve. Technically, we could get some stuff made, but we would never copy any of Oleg's designs and manufacture elsewhere. We buy straight from Mr. Babich.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
'Merica! Yeah, we are USA Based and about 50% of the components are USA Made from USA Materials. We are looking at moving the diff, spool and pulley production over stateside within the next month or so as well. The car at the moment is a legal immigrant, but looking to get it's citizenship soon.

Would love to put a "Made in the USA" sticker on the box. But sourcing a lot of Awesomatix parts makes it difficult to achieve. Technically, we could get some stuff made, but we would never copy any of Oleg's designs and manufacture elsewhere. We buy straight from Mr. Babich.
That sounded more like the car is a Daca legal immigrant from Russia looking to get its citizenship approved by Congress within the next six months....lol....We understand and approve of the gz2 child's talent; let's hope the Donald will sign off on it....lol....
Antimullet likes this.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have had my eye on the GZ platform for well over a year now and with the release of the GZ2, I finally pulled the trigger on a brand new GZ2 (aluminum chassis). I hope to have it next week and take my time with the build.

I will set it up for USGT on Black CRC carpet.

Is there anyone that has a good set up for USGT and black carpet? If so, I would really appreciate it if you could post a set up sheet that I could use to get started.

Iím super pumped to try out this chassis and see how it compares to my other cars.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Is there a conversion kit or worth converting a GZ1 to GZ2? By worth I mean cost rather than getting a new car
Old 10-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by scoyle View Post
Is there a conversion kit or worth converting a GZ1 to GZ2? By worth I mean cost rather than getting a new car
I did that by asking cristian to supply me the high tracrion kit with the v2 or v3 arm upgrade.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Pulled the trigger and ordered one tonight
Old 10-28-2017, 09:47 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
Pulled the trigger and ordered one tonight
WHAT!!!!!!!!
Old 10-29-2017, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

someone post a pic of one with the motor and all electronics installed. i just learned of this car today! where can i get one?
Old 10-29-2017, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TENCHO View Post
someone post a pic of one with the motor and all electronics installed. i just learned of this car today! where can i get one?
You can order them on.

Gizmo GZ2A 2018 Touring Car Kit ? Gizmo Racing USA

The one in the above link is the aluminum chassis car, the carbon chassis car is also available.

If someone doesn't have one posted by later this afternoon I'll post a picture of mine.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I would not call it the Gizmatix though, it would be the A.w.e.s.o.m.O 4000 (Some in here may get the joke... :P)
I get it. And I love it. Though Trey and Matt might have something to say about it.

Side note - just received my GZ2. Wish I had it in time for the Halloween Classic as I had the worst of luck over the weekend.
It is a huge evolution of the GZ chassis. The whole bare chassis feels so much tighter and more important - beefier - than the original. Looks like I have some work to do to transfer over all my electronics. Is it better to put the ESC closer to the middle or hang it a little over the side as counter balance?
thecaptain likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service