Like Tree339Likes

Gizmo Racing GZ2!!!

Reply

Old 09-09-2018, 08:45 PM
  #481  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 192
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
ULP are xray, and they are an aftermarket option.

Like thecaptain said, it would be best if you post some pictures of the car and the shocks and towers. I want to be able to see what we are looking at, to give you the correct route to remediate this.

Thanks!
Christian you have a PM
fanfor18 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:10 PM
  #482  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 3,180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
ULP are xray, and they are an aftermarket option.

Like thecaptain said, it would be best if you post some pictures of the car and the shocks and towers. I want to be able to see what we are looking at, to give you the correct route to remediate this.

Thanks!



The car has 5.5mm of ride height with the short xray springs threaded all the way up, inside hole on the tower and a middle setting on the arm. It had over 7mm with the kit springs.

It's worth noting that in the front the eyelets of the shocks sit higher, and require some preload on the collars to have proper ride height.
DesertRat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:12 PM
  #483  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,997
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Your lower shock mounts are mounted wrong.

You need to have the round side facing the outside. Here you will mount the shock mount in the second widest setting on the arm and then you will use the outside hole on the shock mount.

try doing this and see if you can get the ride height you are trying to achieve.

Also, you do not have ULP shocks. Those are SLP length with is the kit shocks on all Gizmos now.
CristianTabush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:49 PM
  #484  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 3,180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
Your lower shock mounts are mounted wrong.

You need to have the round side facing the outside. Here you will mount the shock mount in the second widest setting on the arm and then you will use the outside hole on the shock mount.

try doing this and see if you can get the ride height you are trying to achieve.

Also, you do not have ULP shocks. Those are SLP length with is the kit shocks on all Gizmos now.
i swapped it around and now its okay, i guess the shock mount was more in-board on the arm than it was meant to be in the kit.
DesertRat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:27 AM
  #485  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
RoyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Manteca. CA
Posts: 300
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Is there a 98 or 99t spur available for the GZ2? I am going to be running a class with a minimum gear ratio of 5.0. They would be the best, but cannot find any.
RoyB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 11:38 AM
  #486  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
DesertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 3,180
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
Is there a 98 or 99t spur available for the GZ2? I am going to be running a class with a minimum gear ratio of 5.0. They would be the best, but cannot find any.
Xray spur gear, 64 pitch, 99 tooth,

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-64...63969?v=709035
DesertRat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:13 PM
  #487  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (16)
 
RoyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Manteca. CA
Posts: 300
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Xray spur gear, 64 pitch, 99 tooth,

https://www.amainhobbies.com/xray-64...63969?v=709035
The car I am using for the class has the old 4 screw shaft pulleys. Would only be able to use 2 screws with the Xray. Not sure if 2 screws is enough with 13.5 motor.
Do other drivers use 2 screws?
RoyB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 12:30 PM
  #488  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (166)
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4,396
Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
The car I am using for the class has the old 4 screw shaft pulleys. Would only be able to use 2 screws with the Xray. Not sure if 2 screws is enough with 13.5 motor.
Do other drivers use 2 screws?
I would use the panaracer gears, which is what I use. They work with the new or old style.
tbrymer and RoyB like this.
thecaptain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:59 PM
  #489  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,997
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
The car I am using for the class has the old 4 screw shaft pulleys. Would only be able to use 2 screws with the Xray. Not sure if 2 screws is enough with 13.5 motor.
Do other drivers use 2 screws?
2 screws should be ok. However, you can get xenon spurs (previously panaracer) from the guys at destiny usa
Johnny Carey likes this.
CristianTabush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 03:08 PM
  #490  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (199)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 29,007
Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)
Default



never had an issue with 2 screws
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 03:54 AM
  #491  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RoyB View Post
Is there a 98 or 99t spur available for the GZ2? I am going to be running a class with a minimum gear ratio of 5.0. They would be the best, but cannot find any.
we have 98 and 99 in stock. These will work with 4 screws or 2

https://destinyrcusa.com/products/pa...-gear-88t-116t
thecaptain likes this.
Johnny Carey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:53 AM
  #492  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 36
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2018 ROAR Region 4 On Road Paved Regionals (Sept. 1-2)

Got word that Larry Myers TQd and won the ROAR Regionals in USGT category with his GZ2 a couple of weekends ago.
Trez83 and thecaptain like this.
Walers is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:43 PM
  #493  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (3)
 
bdmpastx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 391
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Walers View Post
Got word that Larry Myers TQd and won the ROAR Regionals in USGT category with his GZ2 a couple of weekends ago.
Nope, Regionals were supposed to be this weekend but it was scheduled to rain and postponed until November and he didn't do carpet regionals in January.
bdmpastx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:52 PM
  #494  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (199)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 29,007
Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Nope, Regionals were supposed to be this weekend but it was scheduled to rain and postponed until November and he didn't do carpet regionals in January.
he is talking about the Region 4 race here a week ago he TQ'd and Won the USGT class

Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:22 AM
  #495  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,997
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Nope, Regionals were supposed to be this weekend but it was scheduled to rain and postponed until November and he didn't do carpet regionals in January.
Read, dont hate Brian. REGION 4, not 9.
Marcos.J likes this.
CristianTabush is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service