Like Tree339Likes

Gizmo Racing GZ2!!!

Old 10-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
All the more reason to be careful about HOW you say things.
My work is 90% about communication and if anyone responds with a one liner that's just screaming passive aggressive. I don't have to work with Cristian and if I can't understand the way he is, especially as business will all have to be done remotely then I won't do business. You have a product to sell, you're not going to be a tool to your target audience.
If your job is 90% communication you should be able to easily recognise potentially ambiguous statements and not automatically assume the worst. The naming of the car matches on-road conventions, it doesn't really matter if it doesn't match off-road as this isn't an off-road car.
GrandeGixxer, thecaptain and Dazzk like this.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WagwanBumba View Post
All the more reason to be careful about HOW you say things.
My work is 90% about communication and if anyone responds with a one liner that's just screaming passive aggressive. I don't have to work with Cristian and if I can't understand the way he is, especially as business will all have to be done remotely then I won't do business. You have a product to sell, you're not going to be a tool to your target audience.
I just re-read what I posted. I would apologize if there was something wrong said. Whichever emotion or inflection you want to add to the question does not make me asking you a question in a conversation an attack or me trying to make you "feel like an idiot". You said that our naming was confusing and against "convention" and I simply replied with a question which was intended to continue dialogue on it.

If you take offense to something like this, you are looking for reasons to be offended. Please don't wear your feelings on your sleeve.

Beyond that, Trez made a joke after the comment and I even inserted a "haha" on the following response, if that's not an indication that the conversation was light hearted, well, I just don't know what to tell you.
ottoman, Bar, G-rem and 2 others like this.

Last edited by CristianTabush; 10-26-2017 at 10:00 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

trust me... CT is a good dude. written words on the internet are very hard some times. i won't overly read into things.
happy to see the car progressing... cannot wait to see it on the track..
Bar and thecaptain like this.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I don't see where Christian was being passive aggressive. He was giving a worst case scenario stating the confusing naming convention of awesomatix.

Almost every on-road manufacturer designates their kits as being aluminum or carbon never asphalt or carpet. I know some asphalt tracks that have higher traction than carpet so the use of aluminum wouldn't be out of the question for that track.

Good news on getting Kody to drive the car. If anyone can get the full potential out of the car it would be him.
Bar and el salvador like this.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

My next TC will be an exotic and the GZ2 is looking extremely good. Still a very difficult choice between the A800, 4X and GZ2. I'm not sure how to decide between the 3 but the excellent support in this thread is a valued entry in the pro column.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Cristian is a really stand up guy. I don't have a Gizmo but he was always treated me well with the RSD line of products he has. Answered stupid questions and gave solid advice to some handling problems I had with a car, even if it was for something he didn't sell.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease View Post
My next TC will be an exotic and the GZ2 is looking extremely good. Still a very difficult choice between the A800, 4X and GZ2. I'm not sure how to decide between the 3 but the excellent support in this thread is a valued entry in the pro column.
I was in the same position as you and went Awesomatix because of local support.

I will say the GZ2 was VERY VERY VERY tempting.

Maybe a Gizmatix conversion Awesomatix suspension but Gizmo drive train.... Lol
Old 10-26-2017, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
I was in the same position as you and went Awesomatix because of local support.

I will say the GZ2 was VERY VERY VERY tempting.

Maybe a Gizmatix conversion Awesomatix suspension but Gizmo drive train.... Lol
Double LOL as I just pm'd a certain somebody about this dream... not that standard shocks/springs still don't have attractive characteristics - depends on how frantic things get at the racetrack. I race 3 (will occasionally be 4) different classes every race night and so tinker time is limited.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

I would not call it the Gizmatix though, it would be the A.w.e.s.o.m.O 4000 (Some in here may get the joke... :P)
Old 10-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
I would not call it the Gizmatix though, it would be the A.w.e.s.o.m.O 4000 (Some in here may get the joke... :P)
Any South Park fan should.
Old 10-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I keep telling myself to NOT SPEND YOUR CHRISTMAS BONUS BEFORE YOU HAVE IT.

Car is so pretty though. The chassis still really, really reminds me of my old Losi Type R.

Is it possible to run a stagger on the two spur gears? I had done that before with pulley teeth and I think it could be a useful tuning tool.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Yes, you should be able to run a 1-2 tooth stagger on the car. We have not used it to this point though and all early testing never provided a benefit. Probably need to revisit it at some point.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

CT,

Can you talk about the lower arms a bit. Do both newer cars feature lower aluminum a-arms now? Why or when would you use carbon arms? Which type of arm would prove to be more durable? Are the arms left/right reversible? Front to back?

Car looks great btw.

Steve
Old 10-26-2017, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
CT,

Can you talk about the lower arms a bit. Do both newer cars feature lower aluminum a-arms now? Why or when would you use carbon arms? Which type of arm would prove to be more durable? Are the arms left/right reversible? Front to back?

Car looks great btw.

Steve
Yes, both cars come with the alloy arms.

The alloy arms I feel are better under the conditions most of the end users of this kit would be running on. They stay more consistent in hot weather outdoors as they don't loose their modulus strength like CF, and indoors they just don't pop out of the P04 socket as easy, so especially on click track, this results in a more durable car.

Being stiffer you could argue provides a more responsive car, but you do gain a marginal bit of weight with them, so maybe the net gain is close to zero.

Right now we undershot the demand of the car somewhat, so I am offering a few kits with carbon arms as I am straight out of alloy arms for about 3 weeks. I still do have maybe 2-3 more kits left, but they are flying out the door quicker than I expected. I know I will have a busy few weeks as it is me packing kits on the evenings after work for at least another batch or two of kits. Hopefully after turning the inventory a few more times, we are able to speed up the process a bit as well as well as keep refining the product line offering. At the moment, every dime of profit that comes from Gizmo, goes directly back into the manufacturing and development of the kit.
bdmpastx likes this.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Don't be afraid to get this car. I've recently seen it in action in its latest form both on black carpet and asphalt, the results speak for itself. Don't be surprised that the car does well at upcoming Asphalt Nats.
The latest car has fixed the issues that I had with the very first gen car, upper turnbuckles and steering rack plus numerous other improvement changes.
idbdoug
thecaptain likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service