Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Two ALL NEW Protoform 190mm Sedans >

Two ALL NEW Protoform 190mm Sedans

Like Tree22Likes

Two ALL NEW Protoform 190mm Sedans

Reply

Old 10-18-2017, 01:45 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 634
Lightbulb Two ALL NEW Protoform 190mm Sedans

Protoform's newest 190mm Sedans

MS7 Light Weight Body for 190mm TC
MS7 PRO-Lite Weight Body for 190mm TC

Type-S Light Weight Body for 190mm TC
Type-S PRO-Lite Weight Body for 190mm TC

Dale Epp - Protoform Race Bodies
daleepp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:07 PM
  #2  
Tech Fanatic
 
RobS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chatham, Ontario
Posts: 951
Default

Can't wait ti try these out!
RobS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:15 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (63)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
Posts: 2,875
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

MS7 works awesome on high bite crc black.

Nice job Dale!
Antimullet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:48 AM
  #4  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,822
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Dale! Howdy stranger! I am back at it racing (well soon to be) and just ordered up one of each along with the LTC-R. I will send you some pics of of my paint! Hope all is well!
Mr. McGoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:00 AM
  #5  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 634
Default

Hi Mark;

Good to hear you're back! Wow, it sure has been a while. Still throwing down those awesome colours? Still in TX?

Regards - Dale - Protoform
daleepp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
ottoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,762
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Received mine today! Will try it out Sat on black carpet
ottoman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:04 AM
  #7  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,822
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Hi Mark;

Good to hear you're back! Wow, it sure has been a while. Still throwing down those awesome colours? Still in TX?

Regards - Dale - Protoform
It's been a long while sir! Was excited to see the LTC-R I painted for you years ago was still the go-to body of choice!

I haven't painted in years, but working on the Type-S and the MS7 as we speak!

Here is a sneak peak. I will post when I am all done!
GrandeGixxer likes this.
Mr. McGoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:06 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 634
Default

Awesome Mark! I think you've still "got it" man!

Post some pics when it's all finished.

Dale - Protoform
daleepp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:13 PM
  #9  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 634
Default

Red RC ? RC Car News Nicolas Lee sweeps 2017 TIPS Championship

BODY COUNT

Only one lone Protoform TypeS at the track.....it was that of TQ & Winner NIcholas Lee.

Besides Nicholas there were 8 - Montec's and 1 - Sweep in the A-Main

Dale - Protoform
daleepp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:56 PM
  #10  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 70
Default

they have them rolled?
electrojer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:30 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (21)
 
GrandeGixxer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Waldorf, MD
Posts: 3,322
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

I just got a pair of each in the mail today! Can’t wait to paint them up and try them out!
GrandeGixxer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:53 AM
  #12  
Bar
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 573
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Red RC ? RC Car News Nicolas Lee sweeps 2017 TIPS Championship

BODY COUNT

Only one lone Protoform TypeS at the track.....it was that of TQ & Winner NIcholas Lee.

Besides Nicholas there were 8 - Montec's and 1 - Sweep in the A-Main

Dale - Protoform
Are the new bodies legal for the ETS this weekend Dale?
Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:52 AM
  #13  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 634
Default

Originally Posted by Bar View Post
Are the new bodies legal for the ETS this weekend Dale?
Hello Luke;

Although these 2 bodies are ROAR and EFRA approved already, the organizers of the ETS have a rule about not allowing a body to be eligible "until it's been in (european) hobby shops for 3 weeks"

I don't believe that this scenario has happened yet, so there's a good possibility it will not be allowed.

As a result we don't have the "home court" advantage that some of the other overseas body companies have. Dealers and distributors sometimes wait a while to place an order, in order to fill an entire shipping carton with misc other parts. Then when they are shipped, they are often sent by the most economical method, which is also the slowest. The inherent problem is that 1/10th (and especially 1/8th) race bodies are very bulky compared to other rc car components, and unfortunately that equals +$

It's a little frustrating at times.

Best regards - Dale - Protoform
Johnny Carey likes this.
daleepp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:37 AM
  #14  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,351
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Type S looks spot on... unfortunately looks like gonna miss the boat to get here in time for our nats next week
TryHard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 02:43 AM
  #15  
Bar
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: UK
Posts: 573
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
Hello Luke;

Although these 2 bodies are ROAR and EFRA approved already, the organizers of the ETS have a rule about not allowing a body to be eligible "until it's been in (european) hobby shops for 3 weeks"

I don't believe that this scenario has happened yet, so there's a good possibility it will not be allowed.

As a result we don't have the "home court" advantage that some of the other overseas body companies have. Dealers and distributors sometimes wait a while to place an order, in order to fill an entire shipping carton with misc other parts. Then when they are shipped, they are often sent by the most economical method, which is also the slowest. The inherent problem is that 1/10th (and especially 1/8th) race bodies are very bulky compared to other rc car components, and unfortunately that equals +$

It's a little frustrating at times.

Best regards - Dale - Protoform
Ahh I wondered what their rules on bodyshells homologation were, thanks. Do you know when the Type S and MS7 are going to be available in the UK?
Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service