Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Airwave

looking for good tyres

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default looking for good tyres

Hi, I'am looking for tyres to run on an asphalt outdoor track, I use to run the official french national tyre "ffvrc team power 36°", but they are very bad tyres, and the last producted models are about 1/2 second slower them the one producted in december and only have 3 run life time.

Any idea of a fast tyre, with a correct life length for an outdoor track with 25°C weather condition?

thanks for reply !
Old 06-03-2019, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Hudy A1 36 :-) That's what we are using here in Geneva... The FFVRC are quite as fast in perfect conditions, but with low to med temperatures, the Hudy are way better...

More infomation here: OverRC.com, le site de la voiture radio-commandée électrique.

And a small video of dry tyres on sugared track (check the temps in description):
Lonestar likes this.
Old 06-03-2019, 11:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

While I've not yet tried them perosnally I've had some very favourable comment from fellow racers running Volante and Ride in 36 degree compunds.
Old 06-04-2019, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

my fav' are the Schumacher/Sorex wheel/tire combos (for TC). Love them!!

Yet I am guessing everyone has their own fav' tires.

I used to use Rides, they are good and last longer than Sorex's, yet Sorex's seem to be grippier to me and handle better.. I can get about 12 runs out of each pair (about 4 full race days).
Old 06-06-2019, 06:04 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks guys, I think I gonna go for hudy 36 ! my local dealer gat some of them in stock !

thanks
Old 06-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eR1c
I can get about 12 runs out of each pair (about 4 full race days).
There's something about the maths i'm not quite getting, here

@antho2b - faut demander sur petitrc
Old 06-06-2019, 07:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Airwave
Hudy A1 36 :-) That's what we are using here in Geneva... The FFVRC are quite as fast in perfect conditions, but with low to med temperatures, the Hudy are way better...

More infomation here: OverRC.com, le site de la voiture radio-commandée électrique.

And a small video of dry tyres on sugared track (check the temps in description): https://youtu.be/PMdkEeUFx74

I was wondering if there is anything to do with the tyre before running it on a race, like :
do you ride it 3 or 5 min in practice ?
I saw on over-rc that you don't cut the rubber bump on the middle of the tyre, but do you sand it ?

or any other tricks...*
Old 06-06-2019, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by antho2b
I was wondering if there is anything to do with the tyre before running it on a race, like :
do you ride it 3 or 5 min in practice ?
I saw on over-rc that you don't cut the rubber bump on the middle of the tyre, but do you sand it ?

or any other tricks...*
I also vouch for the hudy's A36. Same track as the video above, they're a peach

no trick - the central groove goes away after half a pack. Just be gentle on them during the first couple of minutes to not cook them. They are truly wonderful, I've gotten about 300 laps out of my first set before I binned them, the gluing is perfectly executed, there is a lot of lateral grip (at the expense of forward grip, but forward grip is not what defines driving pleasure compared to lateral anyway)... Amazing product. Can't wait to run them again with the guys at the track saturday
Old 06-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

That's the point with these tyres, you have nothing to do but look over the gluing, runs after runs. Lifespan will directly depends on the motor. You easily reach 250 to 300 laps with 13.5 boosted (80km/h top, 45km/h med) but some of our rookies reached 500 laps with a pack...

Hudy really propose a good product there.