Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by daniz24
I vote for my friend : Surikarn Chaidajsuriya (Tamiya) for the future World Champ.
hehe, forgot about Mr.Chaidajsuriya.
Old 01-27-2002, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

did you guys noticed that modification Tosolini made to his MR4-TCSP on the steering blocks ? His turnbuckle is direct onto the kingpin, much like what AE and Losi did on their cars. Does it help handling ?
Old 01-27-2002, 05:36 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Not sure what that mod would accomplish, but Tosolini did win the mod AAA main at the Novak race. It came down to the third heat, which Lemieux won, but Tosolini finished a close second and Baker was further back in the field, giving Chris the win.
Old 01-27-2002, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

It would make the turnbuckle longer (obviously) so it would let the front roll more...i'm pretty sure the effect of that is more steering.
Old 01-27-2002, 07:39 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It will give a little more on power steering but generally makes the car react a little slower, making it smoother. Chris has been trying some pretty funky things at Socal lately, not sure exactly what he ended up running but I'll let you guys know as soon as I find out. Probably should know later this week.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:12 PM
Tech Addict

Unhappy

Hey Guys,
No improvement on my qualifying position in the finals, so I finished second overall in stock at the NZ Nats.
Kind of disappointed but the guy who won is no slouch, This years Modified TC TQ and last years Mod champ. I did beat this years new Mod winner and second place dudes, as they finished behind me in stock
Perfect weather for about 3 days before and the weekend itself so no problems there.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

That's awesome Simon- congrats bro!!!!

You should share your set-up with us. Also, what motor were you running, and did you do anything special to it????
Old 01-28-2002, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

SIMON. Well done. Great result.

DARKSEID - I presume it's the same Darkside I used to ribb so much about MICHAEL Schumacher - how are you Buddy? Perhaps we'll talk more when the GP season starts again. Should be good. Are you following any of the testing.

FUTUREAL. Great report on the US Nats. Great pics. Well done.

And guys - what about that result!!!!! Tosolini - Yokomo.TOPS.

Interestingly I have been running my front top link off the top king pin position for years, except that my whole top front is triangulated, using Trinity pan car parts. Makes it all alot firmer, and allows you to have reactive caster by playing with the height of the rear mount.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
Interestingly I have been running my front top link off the top king pin position for years, except that my whole top front is triangulated, using Trinity pan car parts. Makes it all alot firmer, and allows you to have reactive caster by playing with the height of the rear mount.
How about a close-up Joe? I'm interested in seeing it.
Old 01-28-2002, 08:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Johnbull: yeah its still me!

I haven't been following the testing that closely, but I have been keeping up with the team launches over at www.formula1.com. Ferrari is about the only team that hasn't launched yet. So, as you can guess, I'm waiting for that event.

I hadn't hit this thread in quite some time. I just didn't have much to talk about. I must say that I am quite impressed to see Tosilini win with the Special. Maybe hes finally got that car figured out. Looks like Barry is making himself well at home with Associated. And as always, Schumacher is right there with their new car. Looked like that had some great competition at the Novak race.
Old 01-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

Front end.
"Worlds" Graphite front arms. Mounted Lower hole on Bulkhead, Lower hole on hub carrier.
"Pro" anti roll bar-Black
Upper "I" arm mounted inner, upper on tower.
1.5 deg neg camber.
No toe in(Neutral)

Front Shocks
Yellow spring, 30wt Trinity oil, #3 Associated shock piston. Long ballend, Length-63mm.
Shock mounted on Tower-Outer hole, Front arm-Outer.

Rear end
SP rear arms, Mounted lower hole in bulkhead and lower hole on Rear hub(1 deg toe in block).
Anti roll bar-Black(off for foam, on for Rubber)
Upper "I" arm-mounted outer on rear hub, Mounted to Bulkhead(Not tower).

Rear shocks
Blue spring, 25wt Associated oil, #3 Associated piston, Short ballend, Length-60mm.
Shock mounted on tower-Outer and Rear arm-Upper outer(Equivalent to Outer on TC, PRO and Worlds)

Transmission
Fixed 4WD center and front/rear diffs. Yokomo "Silent" low friction belts front and rear.

Tyres, Either...
Ellegi "Rear" foam rubber-35 shore front and 30 shore rear. Mounted on Frewer 5mm offset rims.
I used these for the race and practiced with the Yokomo rubbers listed below. There was very little between them performance wise, as the only change I made to the setup was to remove a rear anti roll bar.

Yokomo 138G(Medium) with Yokomo "medium" insert. The rubber tyres worked well when the track was warmer, Tyre warmers are needed if the surface temperature is a bit lower or early morning.

Motor
Big Jim MVP geared at 6.6 to 1(26/78) Used TRIBO Comm drops.

Batteries
Orion 2400's

Bodyshell
Yokomo-Andys Stratus

Miscellaneous
I run a Torque rod to loosen the front belt slightly. It is one of the conversion kits and the belt is a little tight.
Upper deck has most of the re-inforcing ribs removed. The car can twist freely.
Yokomo Transponder mount fitted, which places the transponder behind the battery and directly across from the motor.
The lower Arms have all been shimmed to remove any slop. The combination of shims, Graphite front arms and beefier rear arms give a very positive feel to the car.
Old 01-28-2002, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been running TC3's pretty much since they came out. I just got a used MR4Tc today, and I'm wondering what is a good starting gearing for a stock motor. I believe it has the stock 78T spur gear. I run on a large track. On a TC3 I run 28/72 or 29/72 with a GM3.
Old 01-28-2002, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Simon K - Do you have a pic of the car you could post? I'd like to have a look at it.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-29-2002, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

BIG DOG. I've just taken a set of pics of both my MR4 and my son's TC3.

As soon as I develop the film and learn how to use my scanner I will post them. It won't be tomorrow though !

STOCK GEARING> The guys out here running MR4s in stock - with a 21 turn fixed end bell stock motor run 33 x 72 or thereabouts. It's probably a good starting point. this is for 5 minute racing with 3000 cells.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-29-2002, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

johnbull, gearing that high, especially on a 21 turn motor is *!*!*!** crazy! That is a 4.8 FDR! You guys must drag race

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.