Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2002, 11:49 AM
R/C Tech Founder

The problem was that they changed hosts on Yokomo's site and it takes some time for the new host information to make its way around the internet. By tomorrow or so, I would think it would be working for everybody.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Tech Initiate

hello,
speedo- i tried the #3 pistons in the rear, with 45oil and standard springs, and the car wasn't as stable as with #2 pistons in the rear and #3 in the front. I am using the front top sway bar now, but i am wondering if i should use the lower one and the rear? I will try my car with the rear sway bar on sunday with the stiff setup, but i was wondering if you know what the sway bar will do, so i know what to expect.
I also have a question about the oil. Can you guys compare the yokomo numbers (#450, #500.....) with regular numbers for weight of oil?

Thanks again
matej
Old 01-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Kentech,

Have you abandoned this site completely?

Happy New Year.

Joe from sunny....but very cold Malta.
Old 01-07-2002, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, less stability makes sense. A swaybar stops the car from rolling, taking away traction on that end of the car. They can make the car more stable, or responsive, depends. They basically will take away steering on that end of the car. So if the rear end is too locked, you might try a rear swaybar. Currently I have both. I can post my setup if you want.

Speedo
Old 01-08-2002, 07:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Can you please post your setup? Oh and i just heard that we are going to run foam tires, so i will make my car stiff and use front and rear roll bars. Also, what are the standard rear toe in hubs(1deggree, 2)?
And how much front and rear castor is there?

thanks for the help
matej

Would anyone happen to know for a used amb transponder system?
Old 01-08-2002, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Using center one-way and front diff. Sorex 24R front, Sorex 20R rear, echo red all around, TQ orange.

front: Outer hole on tower, outer hole on arm. Upper inner hole on tower. Green springs, 40wt, #3 pistons. Second thickest front swaybar (bronze?), worlds stlye. lower hole on castor block, shock length, 63.1mm. 5mm ride hieght, 1/2 degree toe out

rear: Middle hole on tower, outer hole on arm. Upper inner hole on tower, outer hole on toe block. Green srpings, 40wt, #3 pistons. Thickest swaybar (bronze?) Lower hole on toe block. Shock lenth, 59.35mm. 5mm ride hieght, 1 degree toe blocks.

Standard front castor blocks is 5, plus the 2 deg. of kickup, for a total of five. I'm not positive, but I think the standard rear toe blocks are 2, I'm running 1.

Speedo
Old 01-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Tech Adept

when do you think the new yokomo tc is going to be out? I think yokomo is working hard on it now to be ready in time for the worlds in may.
Old 01-09-2002, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

what ride height is every one running? my car 5.5 in the rear and 6.5 in the front is this too high and should they be the same?

also my shocks are the same length on both sides but the droop gauge shows a significant difference left to right, should i just leave it or adjust it so both sides are the same.
Old 01-09-2002, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

moonman: Are you referring to a "New" 4WD Touring Car from Yokomo??? Where did you hear of this???

Anyone else seen the chassis setup kit pictured on the Yokomo Japan web site? Cost?
Old 01-09-2002, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Gepetto: I read it on some forum so its very hard to tell if there is any truth in it but Yokomo is always pushing hard on car development and I'm sure we're going to see new car in 02 but when ??
Old 01-09-2002, 04:49 PM
Tech Addict

Wink

Geppetto,
Seen the setup thingy and also the LWB kit for the BC. Would the LWB kit be a viable tuning option for a touring car?
Would a 6mm increase in wheelbase muck up more than it could benefit?

Moonman,
There is a direct drive 4 cell pan car type chassis(Like the Associated RC10L based Touring car) pictured in the 2002 Yokomo catalog. It is called the DD and uses Touring car wheels..
Other than that, there is a cheaper version of the SP, called the SP-RS.

I think there won't be a new car as such but you may see the parts shown at the JMRCA on-road Nats used again if required.
Will be an interesting few months anyway.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Simon K: It's possible that there will be some upgrades to the SP but instead I would like to see a completely new car built for racing.

The mr 4 series started as an sport level car which evolved into a racing car and I think the bulkheads ,suspension and also the drivesystem are a little outdated.
Old 01-10-2002, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

I am as eager as you guys to see a new Yoke, but is it really necessary. Point is Masami still seems able to win more events than he looses, with a car that is very much like the car you and i can buy from the shops, and for which all the shops are now well equipped and aquainted with spares.

I've no doubt Masami and Dad will come up with something, and i certainly can't wait to see, but somehow I'm sure it won't be something revolutionary, just an improvement on the proven theme perhaps?

We race on a very technical track this Sunday, which won't be so good for my 55 year old reflexes, so i suppose what I must do is just keep off the bankings, and hope everyone else doesn't!

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:57 PM
sac
Tech Regular

the first new yokomo in this country will be called the yokomo mr4 custom and it will have a rx-7 body with it, like the gt-4rtr .it will still be VERY similier as the current mr4 ,with some small upgrades.then there will be upgrade kits for it as you get to be a better driver,i do believe the first upgrade kit will include a one -way and threaded shockbodies,the next upgrade will make it like the current mr4tc pro and then the 3rd upgrade kit will make it like the current special edition .that is what i understand the plan is. should find out availibility soon !!!
Old 01-10-2002, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

sac, yea, news of that has been out for a while. It is basically a begginners car, if you plan on racing competitively and can afford it the special is still the best kit.

I have had, for a few weeks now, the yokomo ride height/droop guage tool and it is great. Ride height is measured in 1/2mm increments, and droop is measured in 1mm increments. Very easy to use.

Speedo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.