Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2002, 12:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
help..?

i recently purchased a yokomo yr-4 II "compact" from ebay. i never heard about it before but it looked like a hpi mini. i won the car for $46 brand new. i know this is a mr-4 (great car- my roomate has one) thread but i was hoping that someone here would know anything about this car, maybe the specs or what type of body i can fit on it. also if there are any places where i can find parts (just in case!). any help would be appreciated, sorry for interrupting this thread.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:19 AM
R/C Tech Founder

No idea, but I like the eva! haha
Old 12-13-2002, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Futureal,

For YMP products, you can ask Rainbowten.co.jp

just email them, maybe they will be able to get for you this car.

I know that there will be a conversion kit but it will not include the chassis which will be sold separately.
see page 76 of this thread

Conv kit
1. front and rear shock towers
2. upper deck with an extra small piece to adjust flex
3. bumper brace
4. battery holder/brace
part no. ZS-SGC. list price stated as 8000 yen. availability mid dec.

the lower graphite chassis is available as a YMP product. part no. YMP-002SS. list price 7500 yen
regards,
Old 12-13-2002, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

Hi Guys. Greetings from Malta.

NOZAUTA619. I have just built 2 complete YR4s from parts I hold in stock.

I know I'm the other side of the world, but if I can help, give me a call.

I fitted the Fastrax shock towers on the MR4 Special a couple of days ago and ran it yesterday. No changes apart from the fact that they are lighter than the standard items.

For the guy that asked about Fartrax stuff,I get all mine from CML Distribution in UK. They make lots of blue alloy stuff too.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Smile thanks...

thanks johnbull, do you have any info on the yr-4 compact? does it use the same identical parts as a regular yr-4? i am really concerned with the arms & belts. e-mail me at:

[email protected]

any ideas or even parts you that you might want to sell. info would be great too. thanks again.
Old 12-17-2002, 09:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default hex metric screws

Hi,

where do you guys buy the hex metric screws. LHS doesn't stock them. Towerhobbies has the duratrax one but it's not hex

By the way, I finally receive my MR4-TC world edition yesterday. I saw some people talking about King pin steering, and I saw a hopup in speedtechrc, 'king pin with I arm'. What is that?

Also, how come there are so many types of a arms available from Yokomo, from speedtechrc, I've over 5 types of front and rear arms.

Thanks for your time.
Old 12-17-2002, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Just been looking at the Spec of the MR4TC SP V.2.

Is this the new Yok that was rumoured to be coming out, I thought this was supposed to have the Silver Graphite chassis, top deck and shock mounts?
Or is this a bundled package to shift some old stock before the new car hits the shelves next year??

Regardless, the V.2 I have seen advertised in Hong Kong is very good value for money.

Yorkie
Old 12-17-2002, 05:27 PM
Tech Addict

www.teamyokomo.com
Click the "Japan" icon, then the lower center picture "Press release", then "New products" and have a look around.

There's pictures and part numbers for new rear toe in blocks, the silver carbon parts pack, new front and rear lower bulkheads and more...

Last edited by Simon K; 12-17-2002 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2002, 05:46 PM
Tech Regular

selling "2" Yok worlds..............will peice them out....or sell as one unit. Lots of spare parts, springs etc!!! All in great shape!

Make someone's X-mas a happy one with a Yok under the tree!

[email protected]
Old 12-17-2002, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: hex metric screws

Originally posted by desertracer
Hi,

where do you guys buy the hex metric screws. LHS doesn't stock them. Towerhobbies has the duratrax one but it's not hex

By the way, I finally receive my MR4-TC world edition yesterday. I saw some people talking about King pin steering, and I saw a hopup in speedtechrc, 'king pin with I arm'. What is that?

Also, how come there are so many types of a arms available from Yokomo, from speedtechrc, I've over 5 types of front and rear arms.

Thanks for your time.
www.fastener-express.com
Old 12-18-2002, 04:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default wisbone arms

there are a variety of arms for the MR4tc. they will all fit but there are a few differences. The ones with an N in the part number eg.

zs008RN

mean they are a nylon composite material, use these if you crash a lot.

the G denotes graphite. so these are a lot lighter than the stock ones.

ZS008RG

W denotes world wishbones, which are graphite.

ZS008RGW

SP denotes Special wisbhones.

ZS008RSP

hope that made sense.

sanj
Old 12-18-2002, 09:19 AM
Tech Initiate

schumacher,

that is a very clear explanation.

Speedo,

thanks for the link, just ordered some metric screw from there
Old 12-22-2002, 02:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default SP oneway gear adapter

Hi,

I want to buy new oneway gear adapter for my MR4TC Pro. I want to know if the SP version will fit the old chassis? I want to buy the SP version because I don't want to buy it again if I have to change my Pro chassis to the SP chassis in the future. Any recommendation?

And what about the motor mount? Does the old motor mount fit the SP chassis? Do I have to buy SP motor mount if I change my chassis to SP version.

thanks,tifosi
Old 12-22-2002, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: SP oneway gear adapter

Originally posted by tifosi
Hi,

I want to buy new oneway gear adapter for my MR4TC Pro. I want to know if the SP version will fit the old chassis? I want to buy the SP version because I don't want to buy it again if I have to change my Pro chassis to the SP chassis in the future. Any recommendation?

And what about the motor mount? Does the old motor mount fit the SP chassis? Do I have to buy SP motor mount if I change my chassis to SP version.

thanks,tifosi
YES the the new one way will fit and yes the motor mount will fit but you will have to do little grinding and drill a new hole in the chassie to mount one of the bottom screws to the plate, but the new one is the way to go since you can run a bigger spur gear for mod, you would just be better off getting the conversion if still can,my special been sitting on the shelf because i have been having to much fun running nitro this past summer, something about 45 min mains that take the fun out of electric.
Old 12-22-2002, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

tifosi, Yokomo is going to release an updated SP Kit as soon as the end of the month. If you can I would just wait and see what yokomo puts out. THe new kit will have some more running changes...nothing totally new , but improvements.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.