Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR-4 TC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2002, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wow,Eric! with that kind of track (modified oval track)...one-way is the way to go fast. the MR4TC SP kit just feel home on it.

As Greg Vogel(RCCA) said, on the hand of experience and skillful driver, one-way setting is the champ setting and very hard to beat.
Yokomo knows about this and thats why they include the two one-ways in their SP kit.
Old 08-16-2002, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

BigDogRacing it was never a question i just said im faster without a 1 way... so what if the pro use it and they are better with it. everyone is not the same...
Old 08-16-2002, 10:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Eric that track is alot more open than the asphalt track I race on. If I was at your track with the layout I you showed us I would try a one way for sure. Our track is alot tighter and the lanes are alot narrower. We run 6ft wide lanes and alot of 180 hairpins.

I will try running the one way tommorrow. We do run foams so I'm interested in seeing how my lap times compare to my times with the diffs in from last weekend.

I can see a one way being smoother in the corners if you have to leave off the throttle as the ways way spin smoother than the diffs do.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That layout wasn't the best example of a tight layout, but it changes week to week. I still keep the one way in.

Chris@WeaponR: I understand that the one-way is difficult to drive with AT FIRST. But I'm not a pro driver I just got used the one-way. Even with a good set-up it took me 2 or 3 weeks to adjust my driving style to the one way. Now that I'm used to it the car seem very easy to drive. If your a sportsman or intermidiate driver you should try running it for a while and THEN compare your finishs with and without the one-way.
Old 08-16-2002, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Well ive got 2 yok's and i use the same setup one each for the track one has the one ways and one doesnt i still get faster with the diffs...

why is everyone trying get me on the one way?
Old 08-16-2002, 11:56 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Chris, that may be your problem with the 1ways. Most of the time you need to set the car up different when you use a 1way. I think I saw you post on rcracing.com that you are coming to Speedworld in a couple weeks. Find me and I'll help you out.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:18 PM
Tech Addict

The main reason I'd like to get more people to run one-ways is so that Roar doesn't do something stupid like create a no one-ways rule like they had at the Reedy Race this year. If more people like the one-way set up they will be less likely to support a one-way ban.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:34 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There is a reason people don't like 1ways. It is harder to drive, espically for beginners and racing is cleaner and much more fun to watch when you see outbraking manuvers like in real racing (IMO). I personally would love to see 1ways banned.
Old 08-16-2002, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

I would hate to see one-ways banned, because even then there wouldn't be much braking...Why do something to slow these cars down?
Old 08-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mo
(IMO). I personally would love to see 1ways banned.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I guess with the one way I need to lower the brake setting to have just a tad as not to make the car spin out and change my throttle let off points a little. Leave off a little sooner since the car will actually roll faster through the corners.

Last weekend my car steered a ton. I ran some 24mm widw purple foams which I don't care for. This week I will have on 28mm purples so my car will be already better just with the tire switch. I also went to a little lighter oil in the rear.
Old 08-16-2002, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

I'll agree that driving with a one-way is harder for a beginners, but I have a solution for those beginners, DON'T RUN ONE. Besides, how many beginners are going to compete at the national level? Just because some people find them hard to drive with does'nt mean you should slow down the others who can drive with one. Plus it is my opinion that some cars work better with a diff than other cars. Like the tc3 for example. The yoke sp, however, was designed with the one-ways. As for cleaner driving I would disagree. In the weeks leading up to the Reedy Race many of the pro mod drivers who use one-ways started running with diffs at SoCal. I remember the first time they ran being one of the worst pro mod races I had seen for a long time.
Old 08-17-2002, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

FYI im no beginner, my car rolls fast through the turns without a 1 way because its just good like that
Old 08-17-2002, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

I wasn't calling you a beginner, I was responding to what mo said about it being easier for beginners to drive with the one-way. I'm sorry if it came out that way. You obviously should run the diff if thats what you like, but I think others should have choice.
Old 08-17-2002, 05:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

It is a simple debate. If you like diffs in then run them, if you like one ways run them. It depends on the track, driver skills/or lack of, car setup, stock or mod, and the other competition.

Where I race I run a diff and win almost every week. But after reading this I will try a one way and change my car a little and see how it goes. If it don't work the way I like it I will just change it back. I'm always looking to go faster and that is the name of the game!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.