R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Mini SLT. Problems

Not sure if this is the right place to be,b ut here it goes.

My sons little mini is brand new. It is a really neat little truck,very powerful and runs like a scalded dog. However it only runs for maybe 15 mins before the battery goes dead. He is 5 and we both are getting into this hobby. He wants to race it,but is heart broken about it only lasting as long as it does. I can say it hurts me worse than him because i had to fork out the 200 dollars for it.
So my question: Is there anyting I can do to this thing or buy for it so it will run longer?

Thanks
Hellfire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

that is about right for runtime - because the mini lst has 2 motors it will drain the batteries quicker.

The best thing you can do is to get another battery pack to help keep the costs low for you. Over time, you can invest in a good charger to charge the batteries too instead of using the wall charger, that will give you a more accurate charge and give you a few more minutes of runtime.

You could invest in a brushless system, but that would be way too expensive ($200) an complex to get into right now.

So really your best bet would to get another pack of batteries, or even 2 more and down the road pick up a good charger like this one - charger

Oh, welcome to the forums, this is the right place!!!

On the racing note - most races for electric vehicles last for 5-6 minutes anyway.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Thank you very much. Like I said I am new to this,and cant wait to learn more about them.

Yes,Right now my son and i both are learning,We want to continue to crawl for a while before we start really investing in these things. He is actually doing great. He has been driving motorized vehicles since he was 2. It just comes natural to him. Well thank you again for the welcome and help.
Hellfire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

YOU CAN ALSO GET THE LIPO BATTERY LOSI MAKES. IT WILL LAST ALMOST TWICE AS LONG,BUT YOU NEED A LIPO CHARGER.IT SHOULD SET YOU BACK ABOUT 85 BUCKS
Team Trinity
[url]www.teamtrinity.com[/url]
Gary Figueroa
GFIGUEROA is offline   Reply With Quote