Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Miko1976

Proline Prisms

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Proline Prisms

Looking into these tires as I heard they last much longer than other brands. Anyone have experience with them? Which compound last longer? I race stock on turf. Car us b6.

Thanks in advance
Old 08-26-2017, 02:19 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Its hard to say, different turf and carpet tends to wear tires at a different rate
so a tire that lasts on one track will wear quickly somewhere else. Spinning prob
kills them quicker than anything on astro so harder compound is not always the
answer. They are also Proline and like Jconcepts they are more expensive than
a Schumacher tire so you have to take that into consideration also.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JsK
Its hard to say, different turf and carpet tends to wear tires at a different rate
so a tire that lasts on one track will wear quickly somewhere else. Spinning prob
I've been running Jconcepts Lockness. Put a brand new pair on today and had the fastest lap times I've ever had. I've tried the Schumacher tired but find they slide a lot, even after breaking in. I like turf, but the tire wear issue sucks lol.
Old 08-26-2017, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JsK
And your dead on about the compound. Proline makes a soft compound. Hopefully it'll help.
Old 08-26-2017, 03:25 PM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Miko1976
I've been running Jconcepts Lockness. Put a brand new pair on today and had the fastest lap times I've ever had. I've tried the Schumacher tired but find they slide a lot, even after breaking in. I like turf, but the tire wear issue sucks lol.
On our turf track the Lockness and Mini spikes wear the quickest. Mini darts last longer and the Mini pin and Pindowns last the longest.
I might get 3 runs in Mod out of a rear set of Minispikes or Lockness but prob 6 out of a set of Mini darts.The Mini pin, pindowns maybe 8 runs.

The Jconcepts where never faster or had better wear and are quite bit more expensive so we pretty much run Schumacher exclusively. Also Jconcepts has
not copied uh I mean designed there own Mini Dart and its the fastest rear tire at our track.

I am suprised you guys are still on spike style pins? Is the turf really long or
not fully broken in? Mini dart, Mini pin 2 or a Pindown should be faster.
Old 08-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Tech Initiate

I tested Prism's against Schumacher Darts on EOS carpet. I switched back and forth with equal amount of laps until one started to fall off. The darts took longer to fall off, and are cheaper. When new, they felt very similar to me.

The only rear tire I've found to be fall off later than darts is the Proline Pinpoint, but they don't last long enough to justify the cost.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by josh18_2k
I tested Prism's against Schumacher Darts on EOS carpet. I switched back and forth with equal amount of laps until one started to fall off. The darts took longer to fall off, and are cheaper. When new, they felt very similar to me.

The only rear tire I've found to be fall off later than darts is the Proline Pinpoint, but they don't last long enough to justify the cost.
Mini darts? I'm sure they stock those at my track. I'll give them a try.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Proline Z3 Last longer! Both pin points and prizms last a long time in this compound
Old 08-26-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xray lover
Proline Z3 Last longer! Both pin points and prizms last a long time in this compound
Cool. You run turf or carpet?
Medicinal Coma likes this.