R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

To be honest I think you should (if possible run both). The skill that is built running on-road is truely amazing. I think on-road drivers make the fastest off-road drivers. The speed and precision just keeps you on your toes and always ready for off-road. Either way just get out and support your local hobby shop and promote the hobby. We always love to see new faces.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:26 PM   #32
Tech Adept

Dirt and Jumps!! need I say more?
Seriously though on road is ok but with off road it's just more fun. You don't have to have the perfect setup or the best batteries and motor to still be competitve and enjoy it.
Old 01-28-2006, 09:11 PM   #33
Tech Regular

no doubt on road improves car tuning and quick reflexes but they are just 2 seperate beasts. i'am in for the ruts the dirt and the jumps. thats what makes off road fun. (when i ran on road i was bored out of my mind thinking theres no jumps) and about your point of on road makes the best drivers atushi hara made the "a" at the worlds but he didn't win, isn't he one of the best on road racers in the world, not saying off road drivers are better. its just that they are very specialized and it is unlikely that you will see a off road driver win the on road worlds and vice versa.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #34
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to UAERDUOB EBAG

The sensation of FLIGHT is why I prefer Off-Road over On-Road.

Knowing that you can jump your 1/8th scale buggy OVER your house, is pretty cool fact!

I'm sure an On-Road car could jump over your house, but I am pretty sure it wouldn't run after it landed.

UE
UAERDUOB EBAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:53 PM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another opinion from an electric only racer........

I'd like off road a bunch more if it weren't for all the..........dirt.

Dirt wears out shocks, bearings and motors LOTS faster than on road. It just gets into everything. Yuck. And I break more off road parts than on road (might be the cars I run, AE off roaders vs. Xray on road).

And with the outdoor off road racing, you need several sets of tires to chase the track conditions. Track doesn't change as drastically with on road.

Around here the average on road driver is better than the average off roader (my opinion!!). Might be because the off road tracks are all rutted and cratered from all the big nitro cars, and luck plays a big part of placing well at those tracks. The electric cars get flipped over because of the craters and ruts.

I do have to agree that batteries and motors don't matter nearly as much on dirt as with the on road. Which is very nice.

If I was able to race regularly on a nice wet clay indoor off road track (like at Enid, Oklahoma), my opinion might be different.
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:56 PM   #36
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Great Job

Man you guys are great thanks for all of the info.
I'm glad to see that I am not the only one that thinks that the off road atmosphere is more laid back and a better place to spend my day off with people on the same interest.

FEEL FREE TO ADD INPUT TO THIS THREAD>>>>>>>
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 02:17 PM   #37
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

The ideal that we tried before the track I was running at closed was indoor 19turn 2wd buggies over jumps on carpet. Talk about some speed and long fly times there. THey didn't beat up the carpet either. Mainly the E-maxxes did that.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:51 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking Flying Dirt

RoOsTeR TaIlS ! Flying down the straight with the front wheels barely touching the ground !
b4zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #39
Tech Adept

its offroad, its dirt what more needs to be said it simply rocks
F1ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #40
Tech Adept

and cant forget the good ole pass in mid air
F1ferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:08 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default Know that sounds like FUN

Know that sounds like FUN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 09:41 PM   #42
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You don't need the best equipment to win,The cars are cheaper(electric).But on road does take more set up skills than off road.It takes skills to race both.Nitro off road is more fun than nitro on road.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:20 PM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i love all of the dirty complaints. Man, when i was a kid, if i came in the house without dirt on me somewhere, i just wasnt playing hard enough. Dirt = FUN
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:33 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
no doubt on road improves car tuning and quick reflexes but they are just 2 seperate beasts. i'am in for the ruts the dirt and the jumps. thats what makes off road fun. (when i ran on road i was bored out of my mind thinking theres no jumps) and about your point of on road makes the best drivers atushi hara made the "a" at the worlds but he didn't win, isn't he one of the best on road racers in the world, not saying off road drivers are better. its just that they are very specialized and it is unlikely that you will see a off road driver win the on road worlds and vice versa.
A main onroad driver will likely to make A main in offroad (or B the worst) but not other way arround.
FYI Atsushi just won FEMCA 1/8 offroad, against many Japanesse top driver, Australian, and rest of Asian ...lol
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 11:35 PM   #45
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

Atsushi might win 2006 1/8 world championship in august......
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote