R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-27-2006, 01:10 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to T-Money86mcss

The problem you are going to have is finding a place to run off-road in Orlando, unless you get into gas. I was 100% offroad until I moved here, was forced to get into on-road. But yeah, i love off-road, it seemed like most racedays you would spend time cleaning tires between races and thats it.
T-Money86mcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default I don't mind

I don't have a problem driving an hour or two for racing...........

Here are some tracks that I know of that are near to Orlando (off-road): 1 hour drive time...

Triple Nickle in Bartow -
Google Maps Location

Hurricane Club R/C Raceway in Tampa -
Google Maps Location

Strickland Park in Daytona - Google Maps Location

New Red Hobbies in Ocala - Google Maps Location
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

isn't there a track called boggy creek or soemthing like that around there? i could be totally wrong, but i thogth there was,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

I love offroad simply because of the 2wd feel....Rear wheel drive and a lot of power mixed with a slightly slick track surface= good times in my book. Also, in offroad, you can jump...and it's a good thing....if you jump in onroad, that's not such a good thing ya know....

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 02:52 PM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to T-Money86mcss

Boggy Creek and Flightline in sanford are real close to orlando, pretty much only gas tho, especially boggy creek (that track is huge). All those places listed are cool places though, if you don't mind the drive(s).
T-Money86mcss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #21
Tech Initiate

New Red hobbies is a great place to go and race. Though I have never raced there or offroad period, the environment is laid back. Everyone helps everyone, and its not all about winning as it is having fun. Like the track organizer Dexter. The first night I went there, even while maintaining his car had no problem answering questions for me, and talking to me about offroad. The place is great, and when i get into electric offroad he in the next couple monthes, is where I will race, and strickland. I live in Leesburg so I know about drives to get somewhere enjoyable. Hope this helps you find a track to race. By reading your posts you already made up your mind on offroad. Now just take the chance, and see what turns over.

-Brandon
Big Turbo SRT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #22
Suspended

I will keep it simple

the answer to your question is: DIRT!
ntro75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:09 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Talking

my answer to that question is : Durability, Fun and Bashing!!!!!! You can not experience the same feeling of r/c models without an offroad!!!!!! so get urself one...reccomended for bashing : savage racing and bashing :revo
chrisanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #24
Tech Master

When I got back into this hobby after being out like 15 some years there was only oval and touring at the local track. So now two years doing oval and touring and also doing the state on road series the fun is there. There is alot of work with the cars just to keep up. We surprisingly had a off road track open last year and another to be open soon. I bought an electric and nitro truck (mf2 and ad2). I race my first race in dirt in January. I now remember why I left dirt back in the 90's. the cleaning of the tires, dust, clay, etc. But I enjoyed it more than oval and touring until I broke an axle and took me two weeks to get parts. I enjoy all sorts of racing be it oval, touring and off road. I now have a choice on the type of racing I want to do on the weekend. I can honestly say the off road crowd is really relaxed compared to the way to serious oval and moderately touring LOL.

I've raced at NewRed Hobbies and enjoyed the place. There is also another off road track in Ocala but I believe its geared towards 1/8 scale.
Strickland R/C park hands down the place race oval, touring and off road. Only problem races are held once a month for each type. That's no fun.

I can only say race what you like and have fun at it.
rcgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 07:38 PM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

off road is fun, beside you can bash around your back yard with your car. but if you want to face real chalenge and presure, then on road nitro is the way to go. faster car over all, and blinking is not an option ......
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I raced offroad way back when the losi xx was introduced. I stopped racing when the local indoor off road track closed and got rid of my stuff. I said to myself i had to get a nitro car if i got back in and i picked up an AD2. I love the thing, but still was missing something to me. So i just bought a xxx bk1 from one of the members here, and find myself looking out the window waiting for the postman. Heck, i even sold the 2 nitro touring cars because i wanted to stay with off road because of the atmosphere, and how much easier it is to setup.

Seriously, when you jump your RC, and make a good landing, youll find yourself thinking about lines and adjust your speed to make better landings all the time. Youll take the knowledge you learned with onroad, and it will help you pick up offroad faster.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 06:54 AM   #27
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I will say that what I found that made offroad more fun that onroad was the challenge of the changing track conditions and handling jumps and bumps.

In touring which I was big into, once I found the right setup for the particular track, going around it wasn't too much of an issue once I got the hang of the power of the vehicle. It was more about driving the right line and how much speed I could carry through the turns. It was fun mind you, but, the amount of time to find that right setup, that was an issue. After awhile, touring just felt more like a chore at times which is why I went to try offroad.

Offroad to me offered a range of experiences as with changing track conditions, jump handling, etc. it made the experience more fun. I also wasn't wrenching like crazy to find that setup. Even if it wasn't ideal, the vehicle would perform reasonably well, and I didn't need high end battery packs to compete.

Only thing that I didn't like was the dirt, but, its a trade off until someone gets some astroturf going
Old 01-28-2006, 09:06 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
I will say that what I found that made offroad more fun that onroad was the challenge of the changing track conditions and handling jumps and bumps.

In touring which I was big into, once I found the right setup for the particular track, going around it wasn't too much of an issue once I got the hang of the power of the vehicle. It was more about driving the right line and how much speed I could carry through the turns. It was fun mind you, but, the amount of time to find that right setup, that was an issue. After awhile, touring just felt more like a chore at times which is why I went to try offroad.

Offroad to me offered a range of experiences as with changing track conditions, jump handling, etc. it made the experience more fun. I also wasn't wrenching like crazy to find that setup. Even if it wasn't ideal, the vehicle would perform reasonably well, and I didn't need high end battery packs to compete.

Only thing that I didn't like was the dirt, but, its a trade off until someone gets some astroturf going
cain, I agree with you 100%

what I do is, everytime I feel like so deep into rc then I played Onroad(nitro) then when I feel relax, kickback and bit lazy, then I pick upOff-road.
it's tru, off road doesn't required much setup.
just start and go, everything else you adjust the finger .....lol
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:14 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AxiomJacob

Offroad is more fun with the jumps. less costs and more challenges to driving the vehicle on different track conditions

Proline Racing
AxiomJacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TT120

I run both and like both as well but Off-Road is more technical. In an Off-Road race, the better driver will almost always win where as in On-Road, the fastest car usually wins. On-Road is much faster though and the sheer speed is great!

I run both so no matter what I feel like for the day, I'm covered.
TT120 is offline   Reply With Quote