Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree45Likes

JQ Grey edition

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 02:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

question for the grey at our indoor club we have a ebuggy lite class to help people not getting hurt and insurance also . ill be running sct /set up 550 hw 4700 kv and hw esc on 2s what gearing would you start with smaller indoor track
Old 10-12-2018, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ge to SC truck?

Has anyone converted one? If so looking to narrow it up 5-8mm. What parts were used?
thanks
Cain likes this.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:11 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Anything new on the horizon for the grey edition? Looking at options out there possibly for next year so curious on any rumors.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

In an FB live from Joseph and Max a while back they said that they plan a "real" electric Black Edition, and not just a mix between the White and the Black edition.
Max is working on it, so we might hear more about it in the next months
Cain and MikaR like this.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
Anything new on the horizon for the grey edition? Looking at options out there possibly for next year so curious on any rumors.
Hey Cain we are working on a proper Black edition Ebuggy but probably not coming out until later next year some time it will still use the same front and rear ends as the Grey edition and I believe there will be a conversion kit or it will be very simple to convert when released. That said the Grey Edition is a solid platform and people are having great success with it so you will not go wrong with it either. Feel free to ask me any question on FB :Keenan K White
Cain likes this.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kurobox
Hi everyone!

How many mm do you preload the servo saver spring?

Thanks!
Sorry for the late response but we tell people to tighten the servo saver nut all the way until it does not turn anymore .
Old 10-26-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks! I really liked how well the one I saw ran, very impressive so keeping an eye on this brand for next year
BermyDomRepRC likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:00 PM
Tech Legend

Hey everyone, got picked up for the 2019 racing season so looking to get going here with some JQ goodness Racing action may be closer to spring though so have time to gather some good info.

Originally Posted by gacjr0
the difference between BE 3mm vs GE/WE 4mm and the wheelbase change should be noticeable, even with the same suspension, so a converted BE is not a GE
Originally Posted by gacjr0
... you can convert a BE with a motor mount and battery tray, and have the 3mm thick and longer chassis, which is completely different than a GE.
To confirm, is this true and if so that this is a point of difference between the GE and BE, which conditions do people prefer a BE conversion versus GE out of the box?

What currently are the recommended hop up / tuning items to get? (HB Yellow springs still the hot item?)

How well do the anodizing of the motor mount react to being de anodized (like a silver look better than its current color)?

What currently do people feel is the best overall body to run? Thinking of the LFR A2 Tactic body, I do use 6000mah - 6500mah lipos currently so wondering if any fitment concerns.

Lastly, I heard around 4500mah - 5200mah or so is a nice sweet spot weight wise for the vehicle, anyone have some numbers on weight balance?

Old 12-13-2018, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey everyone, got picked up for the 2019 racing season so looking to get going here with some JQ goodness Racing action may be closer to spring though so have time to gather some good info.

To confirm, is this true and if so that this is a point of difference between the GE and BE, which conditions do people prefer a BE conversion versus GE out of the box?

What currently are the recommended hop up / tuning items to get? (HB Yellow springs still the hot item?)

How well do the anodizing of the motor mount react to being de anodized (like a silver look better than its current color)?

What currently do people feel is the best overall body to run? Thinking of the LFR A2 Tactic body, I do use 6000mah - 6500mah lipos currently so wondering if any fitment concerns.

Lastly, I heard around 4500mah - 5200mah or so is a nice sweet spot weight wise for the vehicle, anyone have some numbers on weight balance?
I run the stock body and love it. I put it on the podium the first time I ever took it out. Easy buggy to drive fast. HB yellows are really good springs, but unfortunately at the moment they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Only upgrades I used were the front gearbox brace and the CNC servo saver top, read the BE setup guide online for a few other build and setup tips.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:35 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
I run the stock body and love it. I put it on the podium the first time I ever took it out. Easy buggy to drive fast. HB yellows are really good springs, but unfortunately at the moment they seem to be out of stock everywhere. Only upgrades I used were the front gearbox brace and the CNC servo saver top, read the BE setup guide online for a few other build and setup tips.
These springs?

- HBS109815
- HBS109809

What conditions do you feel they are good to use them on, and how do they compare to the stock springs (stiffer, softer, etc). Lastly, with the HB Yellows and the stock springs, are there any others works having for tuning?
Old 12-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

These springs?

- HBS109815
- HBS109809

What conditions do you feel they are good to use them on, and how do they compare to the stock springs (stiffer, softer, etc). Lastly, with the HB Yellows and the stock springs, are there any others works having for tuning?
The HB springs are harder, there’s only one track I go to that I use them on and it is a very high traction surface. I use the aluminum servo saver, high wing mount, front gear box brace, I run 1.25 front and 1.35 rear pistons. I think it’s worth while to have some sway bars for tuning. I went with 2.4 and 2.6 for the rear and 2.2 and 2.4 for the front. I also went with an aluminum steering servo arm.

On on a side note, make sure to put a small piece of fuel tubing in the outdrives for the front drive shaft.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Fuel tubing

Why u putting fuel tubing in outdrive?
Old 12-14-2018, 05:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Iggy 102
Why u putting fuel tubing in outdrive?
the center dog bone can pop out. I’ve only known it to happen on larger jumps, like the jumps at AMS 9.0 this year. The chassis flexes and when it flexes, the dogbone could pop out. Putting a small piece of fuel tubing minimizes the back and forth “play” that the center dog bone has preventing it from popping out.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default I'm selling my JQ Grey Edition.

Hello everyone!

I'm selling my JQ Grey Edition. No time at all for using it :-(
It's all built,

small dent in the saver screw.
except the shocks. Never used, literally. I add HB yelow springs as well.
285€ plus shipping costs from Barcelona, Spain.
Transfers via Paypal.
Send PM.
Thanks!
Daniel
Old 01-14-2019, 08:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Grey

now that it’s been out for awhile is anyone still racing them? How do you like it. Any comparison to the eb48.4 out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.