Like Tree31Likes

JQ Grey edition

Old 04-08-2018, 03:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Seems like the mount is a bit different from the RTR one which I have, but that one mystified me as well. When I originally attached the motor with M3 screws, I could - though just barely - get a proper pinion/spur mesh. Then I got M4 screws, attached the motor with those... and couldn't get a proper mesh because I couldn't get the motor close enough while being able to lock the mount in place, as if my pinion was too small. Then I changed back to M3 screws and still wasn't able to get it right. Tore what remains of my hair off of my head and redid the M4 screws and suddenly it worked again and actually with adjustment space left for an even smaller pinion (I used 12t). And I'm still not sure how or why.

I guess Mike here seems to have the same problem in reverse as far as pinion size
Old 04-08-2018, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Antimullet View Post
Odd. If you really need to run it then mill the motor screw slots a bit.
Thatís going to be my next move. Thought Iíd give a chance for others to weigh in to see if I forgot something first.
Old 04-09-2018, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by UrabusDenis View Post
Sorry, but it is, because there is no new electric chassis. It is the same as on the WE eCar, so there is no wheelbase change between the WE/WE LV/GE eCars (other than that on the rear hub). If you convert a BE into an electric you will need to use the only available electric chassis, at which point it will be exactly the same as a GE. The only other difference are the dogbones (same dimension, different material)
NO, you can convert a BE with a motor mount and battery tray, and have the 3mm thick and longer chassis, which is completely different than a GE.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

JQ drivers are excited to try these 7x1.25 oring pistons (one of the very common pistons for BE/GE setups):

https://m2cracing.com/searchquick-su...words=m2c+9662
kurobox likes this.
Old 04-28-2018, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello everyone!

Are the shock pistons of Kyosho compatible with Grey edition's shocks? I have several sets and I'd like to take the advantage of them.

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kurobox View Post
Hello everyone!

Are the shock pistons of Kyosho compatible with Grey edition's shocks? I have several sets and I'd like to take the advantage of them.

Thanks a lot!
They fit fine, but the 8x1.3 Kyosho pistons don't have enough pack for the JQ, and the 8x1.2's don't work very well. 7 holes pistons are the best for the JQ.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
They fit fine, but the 8x1.3 Kyosho pistons don't have enough pack for the JQ, and the 8x1.2's don't work very well. 7 holes pistons are the best for the JQ.
Thanks a lot for the feedback. Actually, the 8x1.3 were some of my candidates to be tested. :-)
Old 04-30-2018, 01:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default How to fix the diff o rings

Hello!
Is there any advice or trick to fit the o-ring diff in the chassis? For me is being almost impossible to keep them on place before putting the diff case.

Thanks a lot!
Old 04-30-2018, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Most of us use a little ca glue to hold the o-rings in place
Old 05-01-2018, 03:19 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello everyone!
I'm going so switch over to JQ in the near future and was wondering if anyone has a decent solution to cover the gear of the center diff. I'm afraid that my motor cables might get stuck in it.
Are there any simple ways to cover it or are there any shops that offer something like this?
Would be nice!
Old 05-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Harrison477 View Post
Most of us use a little ca glue to hold the o-rings in place
Ok, Thanks a lot!
Old 05-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joNathanW View Post
Hello everyone!
I'm going so switch over to JQ in the near future and was wondering if anyone has a decent solution to cover the gear of the center diff. I'm afraid that my motor cables might get stuck in it.
Are there any simple ways to cover it or are there any shops that offer something like this?
Would be nice!
I routed my wires to the rear of the buggy near the rear chassis brace then up to the motor to prevent the wires from potentially coming into contact with the center diff/spur gear.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Yesterday I finished my Grey Edition

Would love to swap out the motor for a black/grey one but I guess it's stupid to change the motor just because of the color
kurobox and tvih like this.
Old 05-13-2018, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by joNathanW View Post
Yesterday I finished my Grey Edition

Would love to swap out the motor for a black/grey one but I guess it's stupid to change the motor just because of the color

Looks good! Enjoy racing it!
Old 05-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

It seems to me that all the JQ buggies use the same diff outdrives, including these latest Black/Grey editions? I was just wondering because I was looking at spares at their store, because today I was driving my I think 9th battery overall with my RTR eCar chassis when suddenly one of the front diff outdrives split. As in the other half of the "cup" came off. It wasn't even a collision or anything, just a regular jump landing I was hoping there'd be a more durable part available but it seems JQB0062 is all there is.

While this is my first "4S" car, I never had outdrive problems with other cars. My SCTE 3.0 even has basically no outdrive wear after 80+ packs with a 3660 motor, while on the eCar the dogbones have bit noticeably into all the outdrives already. I was already a bit worried about that and now this happened. I guess it's true what is said about 1/8 being harder and expensive parts-wise (in terms of cost of acquisition, the car as unused roller + separate electronics is actually my cheapest car). Just had to happen on an already bad day, also burned one steering servo I was testing out and also my scooter was vandalized. Oh well!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service