Like Tree37Likes

JQ Grey edition

Old 08-30-2019, 07:27 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikeand22 View Post

Itís not a bad run with your car for the turnbuckles. Iíve bent several. I donít think Itís because Iím a bad driver. I swapped mine out for some Lunsford titanium ones. It was a great investment in my opinion.
cool. I am going to give some xrays a try, based on what the stocker lengths are I found a bunch of xray ones for $5 a pack each to replace the camber links. So will see how these goes and if not good, will go lunsford.
Old 09-07-2019, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Is there a notizable change in behaviour between this BE and the Grey one?

Originally Posted by joNathanW View Post
Since you can order the Black Edition in the US (afaik) I decided to post some pictures for those who are interested

Is there a notizable change in behaviour between this BE and the Grey one? I m a pretty basic driver by the way..🙂
Old 09-07-2019, 09:55 AM
Tech Initiate

@kurobox I'm a pretty basic driver as well, only started in 2017 and at least for me it feels that it's a bit more stable to drive and forgives some mistakes. That's probably due to the longer chassis.
I have my first race with the BE tomorrow, I will give some more feedback then
Cain likes this.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by joNathanW View Post
@kurobox I'm a pretty basic driver as well, only started in 2017 and at least for me it feels that it's a bit more stable to drive and forgives some mistakes. That's probably due to the longer chassis.
I have my first race with the BE tomorrow, I will give some more feedback then
Looking forward to hearing how it goes for you!
Old 09-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have any of you guys experienced a bent dogbone? I just noticed that my front left dogbone was flopping around like a fish out of water. Come to find out that the entire left side looks out of wack.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:15 PM
Tech Legend

here no, however I have bent plenty of the turnbuckles. trying some xray ones here next.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zhemel View Post
Have any of you guys experienced a bent dogbone? I just noticed that my front left dogbone was flopping around like a fish out of water. Come to find out that the entire left side looks out of wack.
Front left dog bone? Iím asking because if you have dog bones at each corner, may be itís not a grey edition or may be someone tried to force dog bones in where they donít belong causing a problem. The Grey Edition comes with universals. I bent mine once but it was my fault. The ďQuadzillaĒ at AMS destroyed my car along with many others. I also bent the front driveshaft because of this jump. Since then I have had zero problems with bent anything.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mikeand22 View Post

Front left dog bone? Iím asking because if you have dog bones at each corner, may be itís not a grey edition or may be someone tried to force dog bones in where they donít belong causing a problem. The Grey Edition comes with universals. I bent mine once but it was my fault. The ďQuadzillaĒ at AMS destroyed my car along with many others. I also bent the front driveshaft because of this jump. Since then I have had zero problems with bent anything.
yeah sorry they are universals. I also noticed that the front end is pretty sloppy feeling (front hubs slide around a bit). I did buy the car used so I have a feeling itís a little worn out.
Old 09-12-2019, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zhemel View Post

yeah sorry they are universals. I also noticed that the front end is pretty sloppy feeling (front hubs slide around a bit). I did buy the car used so I have a feeling itís a little worn out.
The good thing is that sloppy is easy to fix. You can add washers to the front hubs to clean up the slop. There are some videos that JQ has done that shows you how to do this. He has some videos on YouTube and others are from his Facebook lives. Best of luck with your racing!