R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Question on Servo regulator

Hey I have a digital servo but I need supply it steed power if the voltages drops the servo locks up. So I have 2 options a power cap or i woould like to try a regulator. I amm not sure if you cacn use it with a electric buggy/truck. I am running Novak brushless system with spektrum radio system. guess I am just asking if you can using a regulator in a electriic buggy?

Thanks Semore
semore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:59 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

digital servos pull alot of power so you may be going into failsafe mode at the receiver. I know you said you dont want to run a capacitor, but that may be your best choice. You may also be able to power your servo straight from the speed control. To do this the speed control will need to have a power line coming from it. The current Tekin controls have this to power them if you want to. I run Mod Truck alot so I need to run the cap on it to help. I also run a personal transponder which robs power from the receiver. Dont have to run a cap on the 2 wheel drive buggy though. I guess it is lighter maybe.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:23 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If I install a power cap does it matter where I iinstall it? Does it have to be at the Rx or can in installl it inline to the servo? Also can I use the power cap that I used with my Cyclone? Its not very big?

Thanks
semore is offline   Reply With Quote