Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 22SCT 2.0 mid engine vs a SC5M on a high grip asphalt parking lot track

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 07:18 AM
Bri
Tech Regular

Default Losi 22SCT 2.0 mid engine vs a SC5M on a high grip asphalt parking lot track

Losi 22SCT 2.0 mid engine vs a SC5M on a high grip asphalt parking lot track. Which truck do you feel would be better or would they be pretty equal depending on set up. Also, was thinking of getting the Exotek chassis for the Losi since it is cheaper than the SC5M but wasn't sure if the SC5M would still be the better choice.

Best regards,
Brian
Old 07-16-2017, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bri
Losi 22SCT 2.0 mid engine vs a SC5M on a high grip asphalt parking lot track. Which truck do you feel would be better or would they be pretty equal depending on set up. Also, was thinking of getting the Exotek chassis for the Losi since it is cheaper than the SC5M but wasn't sure if the SC5M would still be the better choice.

Best regards,
Brian
For high grip the losi works much better out of the box ..Racers at my track had to make massive setup changes to get the sc5m to work on high grip. The losi racers just pop a gear diff in and slamm it down to 20mm .

Last edited by carpetburner; 07-16-2017 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

22SCT 2.0 with Exotek chassis and 3-gear is KILLER on high-grip
Old 07-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

switching to a transverse shorty (or square) pack will make a huge difference with the EXO22 conversion giving you significantly faster corner speed, though you may want to go with a more aggressive caster up front if the car pushes into tight corners after the conversion.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Tech Initiate

I ran my 2.0 with 3 gear mid motor and used the Viking designs transverse battery mud guards last year on asphalt off road track with great success. This year I'm running my 3.0, kinda miss my 2.0, but truck is dialed.