Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdoor clay track tire compound?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Outdoor clay track tire compound?

I raced at a local 1/8th outdoor clay track last weekend and kinda struggled on tire choice. I ran m3 fugitives in the last qualifier/main. They hooked up good but I had to be careful while turning to not traction roll. I saw some running bar style treads and I didn't get a chance to ask what compounds they were running. I was thinking about getting some positrons/electrons but I'm not sure about what compound to get clay or m4. I know one guy ran clay compound handlebars but He wasn't overly impressed w/ them since he ran a different tire in the main I believe. So I was just wondering what compound/tread people run on outdoor clay tracks that get a black groove that is pretty wide w/ about a foot of dust on the outside's of the groove/racing line. Thank you and I appreciate all the help from the experienced outdoor 1/8th clay track racers.
Old 07-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

You named proline tires. So given you have some experience with the compounds I would personally run clay as M4 disappears pretty quick. You may want to sauce some as well to help soften the rubber. I wouldn't choose a full bar tire of it were me. I'd use a hybrid tire such as an electroshot, suburb or something along those lines. The fugitive is a bit edgy until worn in really well. If tire wear is an issue I'd run the big blox in X4. Just my thoughts
Old 07-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thank you good info
Old 07-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Tech Prophet

I world run a Soft Bar type tire outdoor the Chainlinks work pretty well intill you wear them to much with a groove and a little dust i ran them at the Bowl and Trains. I guess on a bluegroove outdoor a clay compound would work outdoor but its a gamble .

Most of time you will be going back to pin tires.