Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Odd year, so we get the oldest offroad and most prestige RC race this year. >

Odd year, so we get the oldest offroad and most prestige RC race this year.

Like Tree20Likes

Odd year, so we get the oldest offroad and most prestige RC race this year.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Odd year, so we get the oldest offroad and most prestige RC race this year.

Been waiting on a thread about the IFMAR 2wd offroad world championship to appear. The oldest offroad and most prestige RC car race is going to be in China this year at ARC International Raceway. November 11 through 18. Even through the years I have been out of RC I would check to see who won the 2wd World championship. Any predictions on who will win, or new cars or innovations we will see? With it being back on dirt where it belongs, I predict Cav and the B6D wins 2WD buggy.

http://www.redrc.net/2016/08/china-t...ffroad-worlds/
Old 05-04-2017, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Saw a bunch of mid motor wiggling around in this year's motorama race.

Hope someone came to top with an antique rear motor B4.2 or something.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

That would be cool to see a B4 make the A main. My practice track is more of a loamy type track from the 90's. I rebuilt my 20 year old T3 hybird (has Losi A arms and home made towers) and it is as fast as my T5M around my old school back yard track. But from the picture on my link the track will be smooth hard packed where a mid motor/laydown tranny will shine.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Will Ty Tessman and Xray be there? Will Ty get them their 1st 2wd title? Will RM get Yokomo their 1st 2wd title? Anyone think Rivkin can repeat? Alot of exciting things can happen.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 164 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big_Show View Post
Will Ty Tessman and Xray be there? Will Ty get them their 1st 2wd title? Will RM get Yokomo their 1st 2wd title? Anyone think Rivkin can repeat? Alot of exciting things can happen.
Whoever is best at setting up a car for medium to low grip dirt will win.
Big_Show likes this.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Big_Show View Post
My guess is that someone will win lol
Big_Show likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by amospetrie View Post
My guess is that someone will win lol
I'm with this. Sure bet.

Does anyone find it ironic that most manufacturers have fully dedicated to MM and then this pops up? Low traction dirt... Gotta choose the right tool for the job. This is the domain of rear motor buggies. I hope people understand that MM is not the end all be all. It's just that tracks started becoming high grip and smooth, which favors a MM setup. So what happens on a loamy and loose dirt track? This should be interesting to see.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I checked out the photos, wow, what a nice facility. While it is not polished dirt like you see more often nowadays, it's not what I'd consider 1980's 'loamy' dirt either. It actually looks like the dirt they used to have at a track in Florida(?). Sure it'll be loose but if they spec a tire or even if they don't, the Pros will run small pins (pins!) and they'll still run MM buggies. Some will even run their Buggies with the lay down. I just can't see Cav all of a sudden dusting off his B5R to run this race, the buggy has been discontinued, racing is still about selling buggies.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Masami comes out of retirement and wins with the 91 Stealth car.
Roman, micholix and Big_Show like this.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone know if this race is streamed anywhere online to watch?
Old 05-07-2017, 07:20 PM
JsK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What makes people think this race is gonna be on dirt? Yatabe was supposed to
be run on clay until they voted to change it. People I have talked to that are
going said at this point no one is sure what the surface is going to be.
symmetricon likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JsK View Post
What makes people think this race is gonna be on dirt? Yatabe was supposed to
be run on clay until they voted to change it. People I have talked to that are
going said at this point no one is sure what the surface is going to be.
well, there is the link provided in the first post. maybe that's what people are thinking...

if it is that loamy/semi-loamy surface as shown in the pic, the 4 gear standup B6 will do just fine. no rear motor necessary...
Big_Show likes this.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

The link says a new dirt track will be built for the event. That could mean almost anything, but I'm glad it'll be on dirt again. Turf/carpet off road has it's place and is clearly an important segment, but it's not "off-road" in the traditional sense and I don't believe it's a majority use case, so I don't think a world's should've been contested on a non-dirt surface.
Big_Show likes this.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I have $100 on a 3-gear mid motor winning.
symmetricon and Big_Show like this.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
The link says a new dirt track will be built for the event. That could mean almost anything, but I'm glad it'll be on dirt again. Turf/carpet off road has it's place and is clearly an important segment, but it's not "off-road" in the traditional sense and I don't believe it's a majority use case, so I don't think a world's should've been contested on a non-dirt surface.
Could not agree more, just because you put wooden/steel jumps on carpet does not make it off road. Carpet is on road.

Sure hope Live RC or someone streams the Worlds race live.

I thinking alot of the drivers will do everything they can to make a m/m lay down transmission work no matter what the surface ends up being. Would be cool to see a 4 gear transmission win. Will be paying attention to what the surface ends up being.

I am think the way RM has been on fire he will be tough to beat!. But neither him or Yokomo has won the prestigious 2wd Buggy world championship. Be interesting to see if RM can finally pull it off and win his and Yokomo's 1st. Be interesting to see how Tessmen and the Xray does. I can not consider Spencer Rivken the favorite to repeat. JT seems to have lost his edge with the family and all. Phend could pull one out for TLR.

Something really cool to me was when I retired in the fall of 04 it was pretty much AE vs TLR. Now it is atleast 5 factory teams that will have buggys at the worlds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.