Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Bandit VXL vs. TA B4s >

Bandit VXL vs. TA B4s

Like Tree1Likes

Bandit VXL vs. TA B4s

Old 04-25-2017, 07:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Bandit VXL vs. TA B4s

We have a family RC track with about 10 cars and i am the only odd one out everyone else has TA B4s. I can get them with straight speed and brute force but i need to turn a little better and quicker. i know I'll never really be able to compare 100% but a little bit would help. Is there anything i can do? Need help.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

put the best tires you can on the buggy
thats about all that can be done
Old 04-25-2017, 08:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I have some pro line primes. I have not ran it with them our track is for the most part pretty tacky. So a better servo wouldnt help any at all?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

put a faster servo in and look at if you can grind away some of the steering parts to get more throw.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Awesome. Thank you. I was looking for some front arms that i could modify the front of for some more throw.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Or just spend about 100 bucks and pick up a used B4 roller. Swap over all of your electronics and you're good.
billdelong likes this.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Tech Rookie

I wanted get away from the TA stuff so i didnt have to fix something everyday
Old 04-25-2017, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tranzlucntsteed
Well, if you could find a used DEX210 (they are stupid cheap right now) with a lot of spare parts, that would be a sweet kit to put against the b4's. It is a LOT more durable than the b4 kits and you definitely won't need to be repairing all the time unless you're slamming into walls all day lol. But that's just a quick fix.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Who makes those? Ill look into that? would it be an easy electronics swap. Im pretty green in the rc world and what started out as a hobby to race a couple days a week became ultra competitive .
Old 04-25-2017, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Who makes those? Ill look into that? would it be an easy electronics swap. Im pretty green in the rc world and what started out as a hobby to race a couple days a week became ultra competitive .
The DEX210 is made by Team Durango. Currently they are trying to find a new company to absorb them so parts support isn't good at all, which is why these cars are so cheap right now. But I would only pick one up if the seller is including a bunch of spares.

The electronics are simple to fit in when running it in a rear motor configuration ( the car can be run rear motor or mid motor). Just pick a side of the chassis to install the ESC and route your wires to the motor in back. You could probably find a roller for $100 with a bunch of spares, bodies and tires. Just takes some searching.

Another option that is more durable than the team associated b4 buggies is the Kyosho RB5 Sp2 WC. If you can find one of those, I would pick it up in a heartbeat. They still have good parts support and it's cheap to maintain. I got one for $100 that came with two sets of tires/wheels, spare body, batteries and spare parts.

Those are the dirt cheap options. One solid option if you could splurge on a new buggy is the Associated B6d. They updated the heck out of that buggy compared to the b4's and it is a little tank. If you could pony up the cash for one of those, you'd be way ahead of the crowd at your home track
Old 04-25-2017, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you Ebb. I will try to find a DEX210 or Kyosho. A new buggy is out of question unless i could unload this one for a decent price. I have lots(about $700) into it between tires and other crap trying to make it run with them. If i would have known i would pump that much into this one i would have bought a new Kyosho. Wife has been super ok with it all dont want to push to far.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you Ebb. I will try to find a DEX210 or Kyosho. A new buggy is out of question unless i could unload this one for a decent price. I have lots(about $700) into it between tires and other crap trying to make it run with them. If i would have known i would pump that much into this one i would have bought a new Kyosho. Wife has been super ok with it all dont want to push to far.
lol I understand mate. That's the trouble with getting an RTR sometimes is that once you get hooked, you end up dumping endless amounts of cash into it.

Your best bet at finding one of the two cars I mentioned is to make a "Want To Buy" thread in the For Sale/Trade section of the forums. That's how I wound up with my RB5 a few months ago. Just mention you're looking for either a DEX210 or Kyosho RB5. No person in their right mind would try to make you pay much more than $100 unless it's coming with an insane amount of spares, or if it has electronics included. So good luck!
Old 04-25-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you very much. I appreciate it
Old 04-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Adept

Roger. I have had a T4/B4 for basically ever, so I completely understand where you are coming from. But, coming from a Traxxas, you are going to find that not much is near as durable.

That said, look into a TLR 22 2.0 or greater. A little bit more durable than than the AE stuff and can be had for the cheap. However, the better you get as a driver, the less you will break.

Kyosho stuff is just too rich for my blood.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Proline primes is for carpet or high bite clay. Are you in dirt with like a blue groove in the racing line?

Either way another good option is a used b5 or better yet b5m. My b5m on decent dirt still hooks up and is way more consistent then my rear motor buggy. Plus great parts support and people are off loading them. I have a b6 and I wouldn't say the b5m is obsolete at all. (B4's are dinosaurs in comparison)

Can do $125 easy and might be able to get something even for $100.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.