Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Soar Loser
  • 1 Post By Jerm13

Losi 8ight-T 3.0 compatibility with 2.0

Old 04-13-2017, 02:57 PM
OHO
Tech Rookie

Default Losi 8ight-T 3.0 compatibility with 2.0

Apologies if this has been discussed, I used the search function and didn't find an answer.
I have a Losi 8ight-T 2.0 brushless and today a diff started clicking, I think it's the rear.
I've found some gears that I know will fit, which are about 35... They're obviously not that great as mine have given up pretty easily.
I've found the TLR versions (meant for the 3.0) it says they are machined better and mesh better for smoother performance and harder wearing, I have found these in the UK at 19quid for the pair, so not only are they better and newer, they're nearly half the price.
The current gear set I have is 10/43, the TLR 3.0 ones are 12/47... Can anyone confirm whether they'll work?
I've tried Googling it, but nothing has really come up about them fitting in the 2.0.
I've tried Amains live chat and they told me to call Horizon.. I've even looked for pictures of both just to try and visually see if the diff houses and stuff look the same, but can't get enough info to make me buy.
Don't want to waste the 19quid if they don't fit, especially as I'd then need to spend another 35 anyway, but they look much better than the 2.0 versions.
The ones currently fitted are LOSA3510 and LOSA3508 and the ones I want to fit are TLR24201.
Can anyone confirm either way please?
Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

You should be fine with the new gears fitting. Only thing is that if you change the rear, you will have to change the front also to match. After that then you will probably have to change the center spur and pinion gears because of the new diff gearing.
OHO likes this.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 AM
OHO
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Soar Loser View Post
You should be fine with the new gears fitting. Only thing is that if you change the rear, you will have to change the front also to match. After that then you will probably have to change the center spur and pinion gears because of the new diff gearing.
Thanks for the reply.
I was going to order fronts anyway just to replace the whole lot, plus I am getting both of the Team upgraded sets for the price of one of the old sets so I might as well do it.
Could you recommend what I might need to change to on the spur pinion?
I'm currently running 15/45 with a 2650kv motor.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OHO View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I was going to order fronts anyway just to replace the whole lot, plus I am getting both of the Team upgraded sets for the price of one of the old sets so I might as well do it.
Could you recommend what I might need to change to on the spur pinion?
I'm currently running 15/45 with a 2650kv motor.
That will be pretty close. May need to get a 16 or 17 if the motor temps start to climb...
OHO likes this.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:53 AM
OHO
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jerm13 View Post
That will be pretty close. May need to get a 16 or 17 if the motor temps start to climb...
Perfect, cheers... I don't really tend to hold it flat out much, I'm more of a 'point and shoot' at jumps.
So hopefully temps should be fine, the two times I've used it recently have been hot days and I could still hold onto the motor.
Got everything ordered anyway, all fresh bearings, fresh oil, some shims and all the TLR gears needed for front and rear.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:01 PM
OHO
Tech Rookie

I made a booboo lol, all fixed.

Last edited by OHO; 04-18-2017 at 01:21 PM.