Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Slash 4x4 VXL-3s/Spektrum DX4C Issue?? >

Slash 4x4 VXL-3s/Spektrum DX4C Issue??

Slash 4x4 VXL-3s/Spektrum DX4C Issue??

Old 04-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Tech Regular

Default Slash 4x4 VXL-3s/Spektrum DX4C Issue??

It seems to be fairly common, but anyway, I got my 2017 Platinum Edit. Yesterday and my Radio won't calibrate with the Vxl esc. There is a blinking green light which according to the manual means incorrect throttle trim. I centered everything out and my travel (EPAs) are set to max (150%) I have no expo and I am currently bound at 16.5ms. I would like to bind at 11ms, as that has been the solution for some but I don't know how to adjust it. By default, my DX4C unit flips in between 22ms and 16.5ms. I am not all that experienced and maybe some education would be nice. My problem with all the previous threads over all the forums is that the OP never posted the results. Grrr! How can I know what to do! When I get home I am gonna call Spektrum with some questions and maybe Traxxas. I know that the radio is the issue and warranty won't come in to play, because for the esc, this is what happened to other DX4C owners and it works fine with other radios. For the Transmitter, I have had my DX4C in 3 models previous and have overall had no issues other than this one. For receivers, I have a basic SR210 that I picked up from my LHS a few days ago, and just unboxed/installed last night. Also at my availability is a SRS4201 Reciever (pretty much the exact same as the SRS4210 and SRS4220 variations) that came in one of my Losi models that I am doing a full makeover for. And both of those should work about the same.

Here are a few links to previous threads found over on the traxxas forums about this issue...

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9019142-VXL3S-VS-Spektrum-DX4C

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9018070-Need-Help-Trying-to-Calibrate-VXL-3s

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?9017402-SRS4210-and-DX4C-with-VXL3s

https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8935649-Spektrum-DX3E-not-working-with-throttle-on-my-MERV-steering-works-fine

I know that it is possible but I need to get the correct setup for it to work... suggestions please!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I had trouble with my vxl rustler/sr4210, I had to calibrate the max forward/reverse on the esc by holding down the button, a quick google should find how to calibrate the esc.

EDIT I'm pretty sure it's in the manual
Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Blkmt
I had trouble with my vxl rustler/sr4210, I had to calibrate the max forward/reverse on the esc by holding down the button, a quick google should find how to calibrate the esc.

EDIT I'm pretty sure it's in the manual
I've already tried that. Thanks for the input though. As soon as I get finished with calibration it goes back to the green blinking light. Hmmm.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Update: got it fixed! Changed the F rate to 11ms instead of 22ms. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-12-2017, 03:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RcGuy13
Update: got it fixed! Changed the F rate to 11ms instead of 22ms. Thanks for the help!
How did you go about changing the frame rate?