R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-19-2006, 08:57 PM   #16
Tech Elite

jammin x1cr is totally a new car, design and improve by jay hasley + hongnor taiwan.. it use kyosho as a basement and not copy it.. the design, shape are totally different..

the advantage of going jammin is u got a very cheap car but full of exclusive part that is on expensive car such as 7075 alluminium part, carbon fibre, durable and flexible plastic part, low profile design, low c.g, very light weight, latest design...
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmelme
The jammin is a great buggy and i won some of the biggest races in the state last year....
u still win even u got problem with the cars turn in.. so just wonder if it got no problem hehe
arghh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:28 PM   #18
Tech Elite

I think the Jammin' buggy has more steering than most of the cars out there (except maybe the SP1).

What setup were you running?
Old 01-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I first would like to start off by saying I love 4 wheel drive 1/10 scale electric buggies. Last summer I was having a great time racing them untill everyone I raced with gave up and shifted over to 1/8th scale gas.

Needless to say I was peeeO'd.

I watched these guys race, primarily Mayhems and mugens, it seemed like they were out of control and all over the place. Trust me if it was your turn to marshal and it was 1/8th scale buggies, you were in for a work out. After a month or so of watching, I made the decision to buy the Jammin X1CR, even though the mayhem was the popular choice.

It just seemed like a much better design, and the lowered CG made it look even more appealing. My first day out I was expecting to be all over the place, just like everyone else. That was not the case, it handled like a dream and pulled hard in the corners like a 4 wheeled chain saw. I was amazed and so were several other people.

about 2 months later the jammin was the most popular car at the track, atleast 8 of them showed up regularly. Our local Hobby town usa, cought on to it's popularity and ordered more than enough parts in to reasure any driver.

I stand by this car 100% I just wished I hadn't sold it, especially since I got stiffed by the buyer. if anyone knows a Mike McDaniels in Virginia, please kick him in the balls for me!!!!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:55 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee
Interesting. One part may have fit on someone else's buggy that you heard about but you stated that K3 parts DO FIT and you don't even own one too.

I do own both Kyosho and Hong Nor 9.5 and believe me no parts are an even fit except for some screws, linkage parts, turnbuckles, wheels and tires. The Jammin CR-1 is even more different than the 9.5 which intuitively means that even fewer parts fit. Of course in a pinch you can always try drilling new holes to mount the parts but that's pretty hack and doesn't guarantee that it will work as desired.

Kyosho diffs may work since OFNA is selling the same torsen for both makes.
Now you are not making sense. I have examined both cars closely (the K3 and Jammin) as I have friends that race both cars. I witnessed the front shock tower fit perfectly, not "may have fit". For curiosity sake we compared many of the other parts and measured some things and the similarities were obvious. I did not say that I knew anything else fit because we were at the track and we didn't take their cars apart to try it. You are now saying that because the Jammin is more different than the 9.5 that it must be more different than the K3? Of course it's more different than the 9.5 because it is more like the K3. Read the other posts. Aaron Waldron is a Jammin team driver. He probably had one of the first kits. If he that Jay started with a K3 and Jay says he started with a K3 then where does the idea that it's based on a 9.5 come from?

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:04 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Well I can say the Jammin is a hooked up buggy. To its credit I took the inside line on many an Xray and Mugen. For the dollar it is without a doubt the best pro buggy out there, astounding value. If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket go ahead and buy one. If not, just stick with your mayhem until wears out and work on your driving because after all its 85% driver 15% car.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:15 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thank you, I stand corrected.

I remembered seeing Halsey's (Jammin Products) website a few years ago when he was working on hop-ups for OFNA. He mentioned that he was working on a new buggy with a lower CG and the T hubs based on the 9.5 at the time. I didn't keep up with that story so I see that he dropped the 9.5 platform and used the Kyosho as the platform of choice.

Regardless, it is a very capable buggy in the right hands.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:50 AM   #23
Tech Apprentice

I greatly appreciate everyones comments. However, the debate concerning the origins of the jammins design don't belong here. That discussion/argument has nothing to do with the thread title or my inquiry. With over 190 views already I'd say there are lot's of people interested in the original subject, so please don't highjack this thread over something that in the sceem of things has no bearing on the subject at hand. Well after reading this info mabey I will just stick with what I got. As Waldron said it's "Coke vs. Pepsi" not apples vs. oranges. To me coke and pepsi aren't that different, in fact unless I drink one right after the other I can't tell the difference I haven't decided to not get the Jammin but mabey I will weigh my options from a different perspective now. Thanks for your comments all and keep 'em coming, Jared
Jared Fournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #24
Tech Regular

well i heard that the mayhems where hard to work on. and i know of one person at my track who was complaining that the jammin car didn't run as good as there mayhem. but the facts are all the buggies are very close and a new one will not make you win. a lot of the time someone gets a new buggy and they win a couple of races right away. a lot of the time its because there old buggy was used up full of slop and a new car has all new parts but after those new parts start wearing there back in there starting place and you'll be contimplating "advantage of going to a mugen from a jammin". i would say go through your mayhem shim all the play out of the car. new oil all the way around and see how you finish. if your still not happy with your car then try a change. but not cause you think you need a change to win.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #25
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I heard of people modifying there arms or something on the mayhem. Has anyone done this and then compared it to a Jammin vehicle?
Old 01-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Wow, interesting reply Rocket. I want to be clear, I'm not looking for some "magic" car that is going to win races for me. Through my research it has become evident to me that there is an "elite" class of buggies and then there's everything else. It would seem that by popular belief the Mayhem has been left out of the elite group. So of course only having raced a Mayhem I'm curious if mabey I am missing something by not using an "elite" buggy. I can afford the buggy and the extras just to find out.... but I thought I would ask what people thought before I droped the cash. Even as good a deal as the x1-cr pro is, it's still a bit expense to just buy it and see. Especially when I have a Mayhem pro that's in tip top shape, with good parts on it, and months of set-up sitting on the workbench. The purchase would be 100% worth it to me if there were a real performance gain to be had but I'm just not so sure. That's why I asked . Thanks, Jared
Jared Fournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:24 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Did you ever race with John Adams? He works for Horizon and is a local in your area. He was on the project team that developed the Mayhem and Spektrum DSM. I have raced with him and his buggy was quite capable of winning against the Mugens, Kyoshos, X-Rays and Thunder Tigers.

If I were you I would spend the money on track time and maintenace for the Mayhem.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Did you ever race with John Adams? He works for Horizon and is a local in your area. He was on the project team that developed the Mayhem and Spektrum DSM. I have raced with him and his buggy was quite capable of winning against the Mugens, Kyoshos, X-Rays and Thunder Tigers.

If I were you I would spend the money on track time and maintenace for the Mayhem.
I wonder if he will pay for my Mayhem engine that blew when my spectrum #$%^ed up.

Neil Armstrong 1968
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:24 PM   #29
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Jared I'm sorry for indulging the debate of orgin of the car, That probably didn't help you with your original question.

Acree, I'm sorry for the way my last post was written. I did not mean to come off sounding like I was answering a challenge which is how it looks to me after reading it agian. Just got my wisdom teeth out this morning and I was dreading it last night.

Cain, the mod that you are refering to is dremeling away at the tabs on the chassis that the droop screws contact. This is a very worthwhile mod on the rear of the Mayhem and makes a very nice difference in rough conditions. Also running the longest possible rear upper link helps to steele the rear down. My friend's Mayhem improved a lot when he did these two things.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #30
Tech Elite

Jared - To address your last post..yes, I think you would notice a considerable performance increase in running the Jammin' car versus the Sportwerks buggy...but I am a Jammin' sponsored driver, so please don't be afraid to take my comments with a grain of salt.