R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Default TC Racer going back to my roots!

Hey guys, I've been a TC guy for years, but I started out with nitro and electric off-road. I raced some mod buggy last summer and did well, but sold all of my stuff to prepare for big TC races. Now my local track has redone the off-road track and it's going to be an A+ facility. So I'm ready to get back into electric off-road. Any chance you guys could answer some questions for me? Thanks in advance.

1. I'm getting a brushless system, but have decided which one. So...can the GTB 6.5 be set to a mode similiar to brushed stock motors?

2. Are AE or Losi coming out with new 2wd kits in the next few months?

3. Which is more race proven, the T4 or MF2?

4. What turn motors are the Neo and GTB6.5 comparable to?

-chad
ChadCapece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Well i thikn the t4 is more race proven but i could be wrong.
Aoplayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:27 PM   #3
LC
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to LC

I can only comment on two of your questions. #2 Rumor is Losi is working on a new car don't know if you like buggys or trucks,as for trucks I have driven Assoc for a long time but I went to Losi the truck is just more forgiving and suits my driving style better. Both trucks are good but I think the Assoc. is more on edge. See if you can drive each at your track, then make up your mind. You can win with both trucks. Good luck!
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Thanks LC!!!! Anychance you noticed if one is more durable than the other?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
LC
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to LC

Really no problems with either of the vehicles both of the upgraded kits are great.Sorry I can't help you on Brushless systems but Iam old school!
LC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:48 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Thanks LC
Old 01-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hello. Both the T4 and MF2 are awesome trucks. I prefer associated myself and love the truck. I was beating my buddy and his MF1 pretty close. He got a MF2 and now he beats me. Guess I need some more practice.

If you want info on brushless check the last 5 or 6 pages of the charlie perez thread at the B4 forums
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Hey guys, I've been a TC guy for years, but I started out with nitro and electric off-road. I raced some mod buggy last summer and did well, but sold all of my stuff to prepare for big TC races. Now my local track has redone the off-road track and it's going to be an A+ facility. So I'm ready to get back into electric off-road. Any chance you guys could answer some questions for me? Thanks in advance.

1. I'm getting a brushless system, but have decided which one. So...can the GTB 6.5 be set to a mode similiar to brushed stock motors?

2. Are AE or Losi coming out with new 2wd kits in the next few months?

3. Which is more race proven, the T4 or MF2?

4. What turn motors are the Neo and GTB6.5 comparable to?

-chad
For questiion 1 I dontt think there is a setting for that a llow of rpm. you how ever ccould get the 4300 novak brushless motor and use it with the GTB.

2. I have noot heard of a new 2WD electric kit from either company. I just dont know for sure. I wont think so.

3. AE or Losi well that more of a personal choice. I prefer AE that was the 1st RC I had 21 years ago. They have also been around the longest from the late 60s with slot cars.

4. Not sure of the Neo but the 6.5 GTB is somme thing like a 8 to 9 turn brushed motor and the 5.5 is like a 7 to 8 turn brushed motor. I have the 5.5 and the SS+5800 which is like a 10 to 11 brushed motor. very very nice I love brushless.

I would also invest in a Spektrum system that is very cool and so easy no more frequency to worry about. you can turn it in the pits.

Best of luck in decisions....Hope this shead some light for you....
semore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by semore
For questiion 1 I dontt think there is a setting for that a llow of rpm. you how ever ccould get the 4300 novak brushless motor and use it with the GTB.

2. I have noot heard of a new 2WD electric kit from either company. I just dont know for sure. I wont think so.

3. AE or Losi well that more of a personal choice. I prefer AE that was the 1st RC I had 21 years ago. They have also been around the longest from the late 60s with slot cars.

4. Not sure of the Neo but the 6.5 GTB is somme thing like a 8 to 9 turn brushed motor and the 5.5 is like a 7 to 8 turn brushed motor. I have the 5.5 and the SS+5800 which is like a 10 to 11 brushed motor. very very nice I love brushless.

I would also invest in a Spektrum system that is very cool and so easy no more frequency to worry about. you can turn it in the pits.

Best of luck in decisions....Hope this shead some light for you....
Thanks for your help. If anyone on here has the GTB system, can I limit the epa forward throttle setting to adjust the rpms? I've already got an M8 w/ spektrum and a pt.

Thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have the gtb in my truck and it functions judt like a brushed motor only speedo. any adjusttments you make on your radio(epa, expo, etc.) will still do the same. I just got back into ofroad mmyself and am using the gtb for stock and 19t until I get the hang of things again. great system though, but a little tricky to navigate.
Chris Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 12:03 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

1. The GTB system is awsome, and I would highly recommend it, but it cannot do that, and niether can any other brushless ESC. If you want to race stock, just buy a stock motor and hook it up to the GTB ESC, or any other ESC for that matter.

2. no

3. Both are awsome.

4. The 6.5 is suppose to compare to a 10t brushed motor, the Reedy Neo is about the same mabye just a bit slower. Reedy is coming out with some new motor that compare to 13t, 11t, and 9t brushed motors.
WheelNut is offline   Reply With Quote