Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage xs, trc mt10e (team magic e5), or ecx ruckus

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 04:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Savage xs, trc mt10e (team magic e5), or ecx ruckus

I'm in the market for getting a new truck and having a hard time deciding. My deciding factors are parts availability, top speed on 2s, run time on 2s, and durability. Any model chosen will be of the brushless variation. As for parts availability I live in the US. The only reason I wrote team magic e5 in the title is cause when some one see redcat racing they automatically dis it. The team redcat racing mt10e is the exact same truck, electronics and all except for the body. Anyone with personal experience of any or all of the trucks please chime in. I currently own a savage x 4.6, ofna lx2 ultra, and 2.5 revo. Thanks for any info.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murphy31047
I'm in the market for getting a new truck and having a hard time deciding. My deciding factors are parts availability, top speed on 2s, run time on 2s, and durability. Any model chosen will be of the brushless variation. As for parts availability I live in the US. The only reason I wrote team magic e5 in the title is cause when some one see redcat racing they automatically dis it. The team redcat racing mt10e is the exact same truck, electronics and all except for the body. Anyone with personal experience of any or all of the trucks please chime in. I currently own a savage x 4.6, ofna lx2 ultra, and 2.5 revo. Thanks for any info.
Personally out of those I would lean more towards the Savage XS because I've had really good luck with the Savage line when I bashed primarily and in my experience, while the HPI electronics aren't the most sophisticated, they have always been reliable in abusive situations.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Personally out of those I would lean more towards the Savage XS because I've had really good luck with the Savage line when I bashed primarily and in my experience, while the HPI electronics aren't the most sophisticated, they have always been reliable in abusive situations.
Are you from the us? If how is parts availability now and for the future I know hpi just changed hands to a UK corporation.

Last edited by murphy31047; 03-25-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murphy31047
Are you from the us? If how is parts availability now and for the future I know you just changed hands to a UK corporation.
Well not many local shops carry a lot of HPI but I usually get parts for my HPI and Hot Bodies cars from Amain.com or Tower Hobbies. Right now supply is pretty good but there are some minor parts on backorder
Old 03-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the information does anyone else have any feedback? Thanks!