R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-17-2006, 03:09 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to backyardMT
Default speed control problems

I was tinkering with one of my old electric trucks today (old school losi..think its called the Jxt model?? not quite sure...old school none the less) and it has an old team novak esp, and an old school reciever. The reciever doesn't have a slot for you to swtich out crystals, so you have to find the right one to match the reciever. The problem i'm having is that it doesn't respond to my remote control. When i put any other crystal besides the one that matches is starts getting the jitteres and what not. But when i put in the crystal that matches it...it just sits there and doesn't respond to any trigger pull or wheel turning. Is it time for a new esp? or both esp and reciever? I know its not the control because the control still works for my losi xxx buggy. What's the deal?
backyardMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardMT
Is it time for a new esp? or both esp and reciever? I know its not the control because the control still works for my losi xxx buggy. What's the deal?
If you've got a reciever that can't change crystals in, it's time for a new reciever. That would be my first thing. What kind of radio do you use? am, fm, 27mhz or 75mhz?

Few years ago I needed a radio real quick and went to the hobby shop. They sold me a cheap futaba, with reciever and both crystals for 30 or 40 bucks. It was more to start with, but they bought back the servos and battery holder as I didn't need any of that. They are decent am radios and will do what you need most likely.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to backyardMT

yea lets just leave it as....i was getting to cob webs off of this truck haha...deffinitely old....
i'm using a 75 mhz radio
backyardMT is offline   Reply With Quote