Like Tree478Likes

TLR 22 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-22-2017, 06:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt M.
22-4.0 Wiki

Print Wikipost

Old 07-24-2017, 09:15 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maynard46_2
The first day I searched for 22 Empire, 2 weeks ago, I requested to join and ever since that day I have been unable to find that page when I search. I had my wife do it also and the exact same thing happened on her Facebook. So unfortunately, I have been unable to access the 22 Empire Facebook page. I sent J.R. Mitch a message last night asking him to either accept my join request or see if there was anything he could do so I could access the page.
It's a group, not a page.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:16 AM
TLRacing

Am I supposed to use a kick shim with the front HRC pivot? Is the 30 brace the correct one for the HRC pivot?

Also, I've searched all of the servo shim charts that I can find and don't see MKS listed on any of them. Anyone know the correct shims for a MKS low profile servo? I am mounting it in front of the Exotek mounts.

I'm setting up my 4.0 for carpet racing and can only find one or two carpet set-up sheets. Any proven carpet racing set-up suggestions other than those found on set-up sheets or anyone know where I can find carpet set-up sheets?

Thanks!
No kick shim with HRC molded pivot. Yes, 30* pin brace with HRC pivot.

I'm not sure about MKS servo spacing though.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:17 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Frank Root

What is the 25* kick angle referring to on J.R. Mitch's carpet set-up sheet? That is what is confusing me.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:55 AM
TLRacing

What is the 25* kick angle referring to on J.R. Mitch's carpet set-up sheet? That is what is confusing me.
The pin brace isn't actually 30*, just lets the front of the pins sit up higher. It was originally designed for the 30deg pivot, hence the name.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are front arms really on backorder til October?
Old 07-24-2017, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

The pin brace isn't actually 30*, just lets the front of the pins sit up higher. It was originally designed for the 30deg pivot, hence the name.
Ok, thanks, but I'm still confused. Towards the top of the set-up sheets, where it says "kick angle" and has 20, 25 & 30 as the options to check, what is it referring to? On the Mitch carpet set-up sheet he used the front HRC pivot and he has the 25 box checked, does that not mean he used the 25 kick shim with the HRC pivot?
Old 07-24-2017, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Ok, thanks, but I'm still confused. Towards the top of the set-up sheets, where it says "kick angle" and has 20, 25 & 30 as the options to check, what is it referring to? On the Mitch carpet set-up sheet he used the front HRC pivot and he has the 25 box checked, does that not mean he used the 25 kick shim with the HRC pivot?
The standard pivot you will have a shim to run 20 or 25. There is a separate block for 30. The hrc is 25 but you run no shims in it as the pins are raised. You run the 30 pin brace due to them being raised.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:04 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by jnslprd
Are front arms really on backorder til October?
It's just a glitch in the system. We have an order due any day.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's just a glitch in the system. We have an order due any day.
Awesome
Old 07-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Brian L
The standard pivot you will have a shim to run 20 or 25. There is a separate block for 30. The hrc is 25 but you run no shims in it as the pins are raised. You run the 30 pin brace due to them being raised.
Got it. That makes sense. Thanks everyone!
Old 07-24-2017, 03:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know what size shims need to be used, if any, when mounting a MKS low profile servo?
Old 07-24-2017, 04:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone else feel a clicking or catching when spinning the front axles in the spindles? One of mine is real bad, even with brand new bearings, the spindle taken out of the caster and with no wheel on. I've tried removing both washers, removing the spacer between the bearings and even different bearings, to try and pinpoint the problem-with no luck. Almost like it's maybe the axle. Car has not been driven yet, other than inside the house, on the kitchen floor, to check the steering trim.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Tech Initiate

If anyone has a MKS Low Profile Servo, use 2.5mm shims for mounting the servo in front of the servo mounts. If someone wants to add this information to the servo chart, I have verified that it is correct and works.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone else feel a clicking or catching when spinning the front axles in the spindles? One of mine is real bad, even with brand new bearings, the spindle taken out of the caster and with no wheel on. I've tried removing both washers, removing the spacer between the bearings and even different bearings, to try and pinpoint the problem-with no luck. Almost like it's maybe the axle. Car has not been driven yet, other than inside the house, on the kitchen floor, to check the steering trim.
I'm 99% sure this ended up being the bearings. I must have had 4 defective bearings because the third set I tried made the clicking feel go away. I'm using all of the correct washers and spacer per the manual with another set of new bearings and all is good now.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Mine did feel the same too. I switched out the bearings to newer ones and they are smoother. Still the bearing doesn't stay in place very well. I may switch out the inserts to see if that improves the bearings

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.