Like Tree464Likes

TLR 22 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-22-2017, 06:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt M.
22-4.0 Wiki

Print Wikipost

Old 03-29-2019, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmitchell View Post
Are the slipper plates rotating? If no then the slipper is slipping, if yes its something else.
I will check on that when I get home today, thanks for the tip! What else could be slipping though? With the gear diff there, I can't picture what else would be slipping... and if the plates are not moving, what do I need new to fix it? New slipper spring?
Sorry if these questions are obvious, just got into the race kits recently and the 4.0 is my first buggy.

Edit: Found the culprit, one of the out driver set screw wasn't fully tightened. Slipper working like a charm now

Last edited by m3rcfh; 03-29-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Found the issue
Old 04-01-2019, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting back into the hobby after a LONG time away

Hey I am getting back into RC offroad after years away. Grew up in So Cal going to So Cal RC Raceway, and now live in FL. Track I go to is astroturf, and this is all new to me. I setup my TLR 22 4.0 and as soon as I put it on the track it did a back flip when I gave it throttle. I bought the SR kit originally, but would like some tips for astro setup. I see that I should be using weights in the front which I need to buy, but do I also need to get the forward battery hold down if I use the weights. Any tips for astro setup? NO ONE here uses Losi kits, EVERYONE uses Associated. So I really cant get any good tips/setup from anyone at the track.
Old 04-04-2019, 12:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Battery size for stock

Did anyone see a benefit of running full size lipo 4000+ mahs instead of the 3600mahs and under LCGs with the 4.0 stock? I thought the LCG lightweight would be a benefit for weight savings at first but now I'm thinking my 3200mah Team Orion is the reason why my car doesn't feel planted. It's almost like the heavier full size SMC shorty added stability. Does that make sense or am I just crazy? Track is low pile astro. Thinking in trying the HRC toe in and anti squat plates next
Old 04-04-2019, 03:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3rcfh View Post
Did anyone see a benefit of running full size lipo 4000+ mahs instead of the 3600mahs and under LCGs with the 4.0 stock? I thought the LCG lightweight would be a benefit for weight savings at first but now I'm thinking my 3200mah Team Orion is the reason why my car doesn't feel planted. It's almost like the heavier full size SMC shorty added stability. Does that make sense or am I just crazy? Track is low pile astro. Thinking in trying the HRC toe in and anti squat plates next
I have experienced the same with my lightweight lipo on clay. Seems much more stable and controlled with a 4500+ lipo.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know if the new steering assembly from the 22 5.0 is a direct fit to the 22 4.0?
Old 04-05-2019, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jonbrown View Post
Does anyone know if the new steering assembly from the 22 5.0 is a direct fit to the 22 4.0?
I believe I saw someone asking that on the 5.0 thread and Frank replied that it won't fit
Old 04-05-2019, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by m3rcfh View Post
I believe I saw someone asking that on the 5.0 thread and Frank replied that it won't fit
Somebody has noted what is needed on 22 Empire Facebook group.
Old 04-18-2019, 05:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Without trying the complete steering setup from the 22 5.0 as it seems a bit of a faff to install, would it be a worth while upgrade to run the 22 5.0 front hubs and spindles with the 22 4.0 bellcranks etc?