Like Tree464Likes

TLR 22 4.0

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-22-2017, 06:19 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 22 4.0
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Matt M.
22-4.0 Wiki

Print Wikipost

Old 10-11-2017, 07:09 PM
NRP
Tech Rookie

Frank,
When your setup sheets say "Diff Setting: Normal" or "Diff Setting: Firm", what exactly does that mean?

Are those terms in reference to your Youtube videos that imply "Firm" means 1/2 revolution of the rear tires? If so, how many revolutions is "Normal"?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:09 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
Frank has any of the team guys posted any setups for the nats?
Dakotah ran his normal indoor setups, no changes, so there wasn't a need to post anything.

Originally Posted by NRP View Post
Frank,
When your setup sheets say "Diff Setting: Normal" or "Diff Setting: Firm", what exactly does that mean?

Are those terms in reference to your Youtube videos that imply "Firm" means 1/2 revolution of the rear tires? If so, how many revolutions is "Normal"?
Normal is about 1 turn, firm = 3/4, tight = 1/2. Around there. Of course, it's all subjective to the person checking it.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root View Post
Dakotah ran his normal indoor setups, no changes, so there wasn't a need to post anything.

Normal is about 1 turn, firm = 3/4, tight = 1/2. Around there. Of course, it's all subjective to the person checking it.
Frank so at OCRC would you run a normal or firm diff?? Has anyone had an issue with just killing the left hand rear tire?? Left is close to bald and the right looks good.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:15 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rvrslt1 View Post
Frank so at OCRC would you run a normal or firm diff?? Has anyone had an issue with just killing the left hand rear tire?? Left is close to bald and the right looks good.
Tire wear side to side is track/layout dependant. More right hand turns will wear a LR quicker and vice-versa.

Yes, usually normal or firm at OCRC.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shark2288 View Post
????
less rear toe gives you less forward bite
Good catch, I missed type. I run 3.5 toe inserts.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not many TLR's in the IOCC A Mains. Just the loan 22-4 in 13.5 which apparently put up a good fight. I think that this carpet race was more important than some realize. The EOS is a big deal in Europe and has an affect on indoor racing in North America. 1/10th is becoming an indoor, winter activity that is well attended and well supported. 1/8th owns summers and outdoors. North Americans are getting used to the carpet and Astro now - this race may be looked back at in a few years as a turning point.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Rookie

currently building my 4.0 and am looking for gearing recommendations. Stock spur is 78 and it doesn't seem like anyone is running that spur gear. Setting up to run strictly dirt/clay.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post
Not many TLR's in the IOCC A Mains. Just the loan 22-4 in 13.5 which apparently put up a good fight. I think that this carpet race was more important than some realize. The EOS is a big deal in Europe and has an affect on indoor racing in North America. 1/10th is becoming an indoor, winter activity that is well attended and well supported. 1/8th owns summers and outdoors. North Americans are getting used to the carpet and Astro now - this race may be looked back at in a few years as a turning point.
I was surprised at that too. I bet next year, this race will be huge!! It's a ton of money though for us average racers to afford. Lot of days off work for me and lots of days out of school for Tyler to go this year.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I could be wrong but I dont think TLR was really well represented there, for instance like Randy just said Tyler couldnt go and i dont think Dakotah et al were there. Shame too cuz the 4.0 is a good carpet car
Old 10-14-2017, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This race should have been a priority for TLR. Yokomo and AE were both at this race with their big guns. Was Tebo there? I dunno. This race would have given TLR serious credibility on carpet which they don't really have on a national or international scale other than word of mouth here by really what are club racers like myself. I looked on the TLR website quickly and couldn't find a team list. I'm sorry but I don't know who Tyler is. All I know is that Dakotah is their number one guy and might be the only one currently who has the skills to run with the Mayfield's, Cavalleri's and Rivkin's of the world. Maybe this race could stand alone next year so it can be held on a weekend and others can travel and attend. Hopefully TLR has a sit down at HQ this week and has a discussion about attending this race next year and more carpet races like this.
MrLean likes this.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:49 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

This is all very true. Really surprised at the lack of attention to carpet racing. The buggy is just so good too. Unfortunate

This race should have been a priority for TLR. Yokomo and AE were both at this race with their big guns. Was Tebo there? I dunno. This race would have given TLR serious credibility on carpet which they don't really have on a national or international scale other than word of mouth here by really what are club racers like myself. I looked on the TLR website quickly and couldn't find a team list. I'm sorry but I don't know who Tyler is. All I know is that Dakotah is their number one guy and might be the only one currently who has the skills to run with the Mayfield's, Cavalleri's and Rivkin's of the world. Maybe this race could stand alone next year so it can be held on a weekend and others can travel and attend. Hopefully TLR has a sit down at HQ this week and has a discussion about attending this race next year and more carpet races like this.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Race teams have budgets and they have to prioritize which events they can attend. I am sure they want to go to a lot of them but sometimes that doesn't happen.

Someone asked about Tebo, he did not attend.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:33 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Agreed - But it's Horizon. Like having Amain cheap out on a couple drivers. TLR drivers are top notch and uber helpful (frank root), so mean no offense to them. They take time out of their personal days off to help on social media. Enterprise issue - sure Horizon will fix it, if they're smart business people

Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Race teams have budgets and they have to prioritize which events they can attend. I am sure they want to go to a lot of them but sometimes that doesn't happen.

Someone asked about Tebo, he did not attend.
HeavyD99 likes this.
Old 10-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Tessman wasn't there either. I bet the race will be huge next year!!
HeavyD99 likes this.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:59 AM
Tech Rookie

i am running 70/30 on a 17.5 turn, actually might jump to 31 or 32

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service