R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   1/10th Buggy / Tool Carrier (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/979761-1-10th-buggy-tool-carrier.html)

jpedersm 02-27-2017 03:53 AM

1/10th Buggy / Tool Carrier

Im just getting back into racing and am looking for a Carrier that I can Carry some tools and my 1/10th scale buggy as well. Brand does not matter just dont like going back and forth to the car 4 to 5 times getting what I have.

OYL RACING 02-27-2017 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by jpedersm (Post 14851552)
Im just getting back into racing and am looking for a Carrier that I can Carry some tools and my 1/10th scale buggy as well. Brand does not matter just dont like going back and forth to the car 4 to 5 times getting what I have.

Depends on 1; budget, 2; are how much gear you have eg parts chargers ect 3; are you going to get more than one rc vehicle or get 1/8
I have a 1/8 hauler bag it is big enough for two 1/10th buggies or two on raods or combination of the two & parts one power supply 4 chargers & a few other bits but sometimes I just take a draw out & take that it all depends on if I'm racing or just getting out for a while practicing

jpedersm 02-27-2017 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by OYL RACING (Post 14851605)
Depends on 1; budget, 2; are how much gear you have eg parts chargers ect 3; are you going to get more than one rc vehicle or get 1/8
I have a 1/8 hauler bag it is big enough for two 1/10th buggies or two on raods or combination of the two & parts one power supply 4 chargers & a few other bits but sometimes I just take a draw out & take that it all depends on if I'm racing or just getting out for a while practicing

I just getting started so possibly just one or 2 1/10 scale buggies. A charger, some tires and few tools. But would like something with a little extra room to grow into to.

OYL RACING 02-27-2017 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by jpedersm (Post 14851851)
I just getting started so possibly just one or 2 1/10 scale buggies. A charger, some tires and few tools. But would like something with a little extra room to grow into to.

You don't have to get new sometimes you can get a great secondhand one but go to your local club & have a look at what other people have & look online as well I'll try & post some photos of mine tomorrow I know that mine wasn't the best but for $50 second hand it does the job for me

jimmer411 02-27-2017 09:17 PM

I use a rolling dufflebag similar to this. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VasUmgPsyk...n8/s400/H1.JPG

Holds my SC10 4x4 in the bottom and I can fit a buggy in the top along with 2 transmitters and my tools and spare parts container. You can find them for $30-50 pretty easy. Luggage bags work well too.

jslider 02-28-2017 11:26 AM

I USE THE FATMAX BY STANLEY IT WORKS GREAT AND HOLDS A LOT OF STUFF AND LETS YOU ORGANISE, COULD EASILY FIT TWO 1/10 BUGGYS IN BOTTOM COMPARTMENT, BUT YOU WILL FILL WITH OTHER STUFF EVENTUALLY AND JUST STRADDLE THE BUGGYS ON TOP

https://www.walmart.com/ip/21631710?...&wl13=&veh=sem

Phugazi 02-28-2017 11:43 AM

I finally broke down and bought a RC car hauler. Found one not badly priced and had plenty of room for my 1/10th buggy, tires, tools, charger, batteries, car stand, extra parts, manuals...and still have extra room. It's the Atomik RC Transporter and can be found around the $140-150 range:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Atomik-Tr...Black/37551391

Troubles Dad 02-28-2017 12:49 PM

I bought the atomic brand one as well, found it on eBay and had some deals going on with it as well, it does have plenty of room, but bought mine for on-road racing, 2 radios, 2 chargers, car stands, parts boxes, but found a couple of draw backs, it got really heavy with all the stuff packed in it, and it would not fit in the trunk of the car standing up, so that requires stuff to be put in bags inside the drawers in order for it to be layed down for transport, plus with all the stuff it was a pain to get out, now for winter carpet off-road racing, I picked up some small plastic totes from wal-mart probably 18x24x18 tall, with a latched cover for less than 20 bucks and fits everything that goes in the hauler, plus it fits in the trunk the only thing is the cars don't fit in it, but then again 3 stock buggies, 1 4x4 buggy and 3 short coarse trucks and all the parts and tires for them in 1 tote, and yes it's on the heavy side, but when you bring the kitchen sink with to the track, you gotta have enough to fix anything.

Also the tote has built in handles and the hauler has a strap on the top, it would of been a better design on the hauler for some integration of handles.

Phugazi 02-28-2017 01:02 PM

Troubles Dad brings up a good point to consider in your selection and that's your vehicle of transportation. I don't run into an issue with my Atomik car hauler because I drive a Subaru Crosstrek hatchback, so it fits perfect standing up in the rear hatch area so my stuff could sit normal in the drawers. Plus, with the addition of the hauler's wheels and telescopic handle, makes it easy to roll to and from the car. The strap is there in the cases when it needs to be picked up, like when taking in and out of the car.

If you drive a hatchback, crossover, SUV or truck a hauler type should work well for you. If dealing with a car and trunk, you may need to re-think a bit.

Jason B 02-28-2017 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just picked this up from Home Depot a couple weeks ago. Love it. It has ample room for every piece of gear I need. It's probably not the most compact solution, like how some people are able to fit everything in a single bag, but it's neat, tidy, and convenient. Holds my tools, spare parts, radio, batteries, charger, power supply, and even my B6D.

Husky 22 in. Connect Rolling System Tool Box-231735 - The Home Depot

Husky 22 in. Connect Cantilever Toolbox-230378 - The Home Depot

Jamie James 03-01-2017 09:17 AM

I use this for my 1/10 stuff. Works great!

Stanley Fatmax 22 in. Structural Foam Roll Workshop Tool Box 020800R at The Home Depot - Mobile

Cain 03-01-2017 11:47 AM

personally I prefer a separate bag for the vehicles since I run offroad and rather not have the vehicle and its dirt getting exposed to the other items in the pit box. However, something like AKAs sack probably can be sufficient for that concern.

The big thing for me is determining what I need to bring with versus what i don't. Some spares in general I just leave at home as the likely hood of needing them as well as having time to use them can be missing.

Troubles Dad 03-01-2017 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cain (Post 14854911)
personally I prefer a separate bag for the vehicles since I run offroad and rather not have the vehicle and its dirt getting exposed to the other items in the pit box. However, something like AKAs sack probably can be sufficient for that concern.

The big thing for me is determining what I need to bring with versus what i don't. Some spares in general I just leave at home as the likely hood of needing them as well as having time to use them can be missing.

That's always the hardest part as trying to figure what you actually need and must have, and quite honestly I rely on friends and fellow racers to have the optional things, as this allows me to travel lite thru the winter, but come summer I tend to have everything with me and most people I race with know this and come to me, so it's a win/win.

Cain 03-01-2017 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Troubles Dad (Post 14854926)
That's always the hardest part as trying to figure what you actually need and must have, and quite honestly I rely on friends and fellow racers to have the optional things, as this allows me to travel lite thru the winter, but come summer I tend to have everything with me and most people I race with know this and come to me, so it's a win/win.

yeah I know the feeling! Its part of why I ended up going with the vehicles I did once it looked like Durango was on the way out. Loved the last versions of the vehicles I had, but its also a plus to have some common part support at the track.

Troubles Dad 03-01-2017 12:06 PM

This would change if it wasn't 2 plus hours to the track, as it's easier for others to bring when they are closer, come on spring.