R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-16-2006, 07:53 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default GT7 Help with M8

Still new to this, but what does these mean and how do they effect the throttle by increasing\decreasing them?:

Drive frequency
Minimum Drive
Brake Frequency
Deadband
Minimum brake

Wich of these is drag break?

I have this Losi sponsored guy that seemed to know his stuff set up my M8 really quick with the speed control, but my truck is still allot slower using the M8 than with my JR XS3. Pulling the throttle on the JR XS3 you can see a noticable difference in tire balooning and motor pitch than with the M8. Seems I have all the setting maxed out on the M8.

So can anyone please tell me the exact setting to set the M8 to before setting up the GT7? Sorry, don't have the M8 manual (bought it here used), so not totally sure I know what all setting do, but that Losi guy seemed to. He was only at the track a few weeks and is gone now so I can't ask him again.

I finally tried the other radio as after several weeks of feeling off-pace and slow I bought a new motor, cut it, tried different spring\brushes, different pinion\spur and all just seemed slow. Couldn't believe it was the radio.

One other thing I noticed is that with the JR XS3 if I have the EPA at like +30% which gives it allot of roll, full throttle on a stock motor was just plain awsome, fast as a 19t, but all that roll make it hard to corner. So how to get that type of speed without the roll with my M8?

Thanks
LosiSuperTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
Tech Master

no one?
Old 01-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #3
Tech Regular

sound like the throttle EPA is set shorter on the M8 than your JR. (the easy method is just up your THROTTLE EPA to maxmimum around 140%)

But when you change Transmitters its best to reset the Controller and ESC.

Do the following.....

Firstly set the Dual Rate EPA to 100%
Also set the THROTTLE EPA to 100%
Also Set the EXP THrottle to 0.

Now reset your ESC... do the Full Throttle push button, Brake Push Button, Neutral Push Button procedure on the ESC.

Now your ESC should be set to your M8.

Also, what i do now is up the Throttle EPA to 120% just to make sure i get full throttle.
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:58 PM   #4
Tech Master

Ok, so what in the heck is that little knob marked "aux" for under the "s-pos" button?

And what does the "response" switch do that is just like the "display" switch? When moved to the right, a "RSP ON!" message appears on the LED.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #5
Tech Regular

aux - nothing its the 3rd channel. for other rc users.

responce is just that- how fast the tx decodes movements of the wheel/throttle. if you need higher responce then keep it on and +10. most people want fastest. disadvantage maybe twitchier.

search for "M8 Manual" on rctech you will get many hits
XingXing is offline   Reply With Quote