Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Tires

Well, please post any questions or comments about tires, compounds, inserts, rims, etc.

I'll start

Is tread pattern part that touches the insert the same on all Losi tires specifically the taper pins (pinks) and X-2000's (pinks) for 10th scale buggies?

Thanks
Old 01-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

A lot of Losi tires have tread on the inside of the tire. I've never known the scientific reason for this, however, I've always thought of it as tread for the foam. The rubber can grip the foam better, but then again, I don't know how this would help. Lately, I've been using spray glue to glue the foam to the rim. It makes the tire more consistant in roll and traction wise.

That's my input.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

do you guys think foam is a necessity for tires? does it really help that much?
Old 01-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

If you didn't have foam in the tire it would be like running on a flat tire. Unles you are talking about tires for a Monster truck, which i think are strong enough to not need foam. But I'm not 100% sure.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

tires are give or take 85+% of your setup. Compound, pattern and insert are crutial to a good setup and well handeling car. Generally though, unless you're running offroad on a track that allows for slicks, you'll be using the stock foam. But, be sure to get your compound correct!

Another thing is, experiment with foam forming. Cut the foam edges to fit the tire inner tire better. This will allow the foam to conform to the tire wall better and allow for a more consistant feel.