R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 01-31-2017, 06:06 AM   #16
Tech Apprentice

The Arrma cars are very durable and fast with a really good value. I am pretty sure the arrma cars are the fastest of those options and they actually reach 60 mph stock with a 3s battery and proper gearing (optional speedgear included).

The durability is also at least as good as the other options. I have 2 Arrma Fury trucks and they are very nice and durable. I also have a Hpi Blitz which is also a nice and durable truck but I would say the arrma cars are nicer with a nicer price.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:28 AM   #17
Tech Adept

i think the traxxas slash would be the perfect car for you.
reason people bash traxxas is there not built for racing.
they are built for bashing and the do take a beating.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:57 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxi92 View Post
The Arrma cars are very durable and fast with a really good value. I am pretty sure the arrma cars are the fastest of those options and they actually reach 60 mph stock with a 3s battery and proper gearing (optional speedgear included).

The durability is also at least as good as the other options. I have 2 Arrma Fury trucks and they are very nice and durable. I also have a Hpi Blitz which is also a nice and durable truck but I would say the arrma cars are nicer with a nicer price.
I see no benefit from excessive speed but regardless the Blitz can still hit 60mph with a 3s lipo and aggressive gearing. To boot the Blitz gives you a full Metal transmission which is pretty necessary if you're going to put insane amounts of power through the drive train. From what I see the Arrma uses a composite gear diff which can tear itself apart if a bit of grit or sand works it's way in there. The Blitz also has threaded shock bodies and most adjustability through the chassis. So I still feel it is the better bang for your buck option. Only $40 more and you get a better brushless system, better drive train, better shocks, and similar durability. Not saying the Arrma trucks aren't a great value, but I wouldn't put those specific Arrma cars ahead of the Blitz by any means.
EbbTide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:11 AM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbbTide View Post
I see no benefit from excessive speed but regardless the Blitz can still hit 60mph with a 3s lipo and aggressive gearing. To boot the Blitz gives you a full Metal transmission which is pretty necessary if you're going to put insane amounts of power through the drive train. From what I see the Arrma uses a composite gear diff which can tear itself apart if a bit of grit or sand works it's way in there. The Blitz also has threaded shock bodies and most adjustability through the chassis. So I still feel it is the better bang for your buck option. Only $40 more and you get a better brushless system, better drive train, better shocks, and similar durability. Not saying the Arrma trucks aren't a great value, but I wouldn't put those specific Arrma cars ahead of the Blitz by any means.
Not trying to start a fight but I still prefer the Arrma cars and I have both the blitz and the fury. The Arrma transmission have 0.8T gears whereas the blitz have the smaller 48 pitch gears. So even tough the blitz has a stronger material the Arrma have bigger size. The idler gear in Arrmas can also be changed to metal(stock on the granite) for improved durability. The shocks are probably a little nicer on the blitz but I dont think the electronics are much nicer on the blitz. The new electronics included in the Arrma blx cars seems very nice and I have heard nothing but good thing about them. Personally I have the old red ESC which is not my favourite.

Anyway I think both the Arrma cars and the Blitz are very nice cars that will give the owner a lot of fun
Old 01-31-2017, 04:53 PM   #20
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I cant believe I'm suggesting this. I don't care for Traxxas but that Stampede 2wd is a hell of a lot of fun to drive. I have a friend that has one, and after he gave me the controller I didn't want to give it back. It had spiked tires not the monster truck Chevrons and it ran great.
greener74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 12:27 PM   #21
Tech Adept

i was out side yesterday running my traxxas summit in the snow and a neighbor
hood kid had his traxxas stampede out too. the summit had a lot more power but the
kid had the speed. yes the traxxas Stampede would be a good one too.
floyd2810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #22
Tech Adept

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Default Great Suggestions!

Thanks for all the useful suggestions!

I just finished calculating my US Gubment taxes and I will be getting back more than anticipated. Therefore, as a late Christmas present to myself, I think I'll get TWO rigs. One will be the Arrma Raider XL BLX for sure. It's such a great price-point and I don't own any Arrma products yet.

I have not totally settled on the second rig yet. I'm drawn to the Traxxas Rustler because I already have a 4x4 Slash and 4x4 Stampede in my basher collection. However, I don't have anything like a Rustler. As a bonus, it has some parts-commonality to the others along with tremendous aftermarket support.

If I don't get a Rustler, then I'm leaning towards the HPI E-Firestorm Flux. I like the "truggy" look similar to the Rustler. It shares some commonality with the much-loved Blitz Flux. Reviews seem to be mostly positive for bashing. Also, I don't have any HPI rigs, so it would be nice to expand the collection with a new face in the crowd. Unfortunately, It seems to be out of stock most everywhere. Tower says they will have more stock in April. I'm willing to wait as long as y'all think it is a smart choice. I'll have to look into aftermarket support.

That should TOTALLY work! I saw a guy do it on Youtube!
MailManX is offline   Reply With Quote