Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread! >

TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree33Likes

TLR 22T 3.0 Stadium Truck Race Kit Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 02:21 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
I assume this is the 4.0 laydown parts. Is the 4.0 laydown idler different than the T3.0 dirt laydown idler? Do the new shocks re-use any of the older shock bodies/shafts, i.e. the SCT or T 1.0 bodies? I've got quite an assortment of shock parts. This might be the first TLR kit I try to upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0, as it doesn't look that bad.
The laydown idler is different/larger. The rear shock shaft is new. The shock body is a 22-4 rear shock body, it'll have 45.0mm etched on it. Rest of the shock parts are the same.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:22 PM
Tech Regular

Default 4.0 Upgrade cost

When I total up everything to upgrade I'm only $70+ from a new kit. Problem is I haven't even finished building my 3.0.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:47 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Roken
When I total up everything to upgrade I'm only $70+ from a new kit. Problem is I haven't even finished building my 3.0.
Did you get the chassis (2mm long), and the rear shock bodies and shock shafts (shorter)
Old 11-02-2017, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank Root
Did you get the chassis (2mm long), and the rear shock bodies and shock shafts (shorter)
Yah, I have the 4.0 camber block, 22-4 shock bodies and I'm coming in at $220 to upgrade.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man, I JUST got a 3.0 from another member on here, mostly because the one he was selling was nearly new and sold with a bunch of spares for just less than a NIB kit. If I'd known the 4.0 was coming out, I'd probably have waited.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah got all that figured in. But now due to one of your posts I can subtract the rear shock bodies because I have extras of that size.
Old 11-07-2017, 02:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey all, I just got a new 22T 3.0 with a 3-gear laydown transmission.
I'm having some difficulty getting the motor to fit properly. It's a Hobbywing 3650 G2 13.5t Justock. The mounting holes on the motor don't seem to line up properly with the slots in the motor plate, no matter how I rotate the motor. Either the top or bottom motor plate slot and motor mounting holes are off my about .5mm.

I can install both screws, but they bind on the motor plate slots and cause the motor to move when tightening the screws down. This makes setting mess a frustrating experience.

Anyone else here experience that?
Old 11-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Questions??

Does the 3.0 body fit on the 4.0?
Old 11-07-2017, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jack302
Does the 3.0 body fit on the 4.0?
You would have to mount the shocks on the rear of the arms for sure. Chassis is 2mm longer so maybe you would have to play with the mounting holes.
Old 11-08-2017, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i_r_beej
Hey all, I just got a new 22T 3.0 with a 3-gear laydown transmission.
I'm having some difficulty getting the motor to fit properly. It's a Hobbywing 3650 G2 13.5t Justock. The mounting holes on the motor don't seem to line up properly with the slots in the motor plate, no matter how I rotate the motor. Either the top or bottom motor plate slot and motor mounting holes are off my about .5mm.

I can install both screws, but they bind on the motor plate slots and cause the motor to move when tightening the screws down. This makes setting mess a frustrating experience.

Anyone else here experience that?
We had same issue with our Fantom motors when changing truck over to laydown. I took chassis to work and milled out the area under the motor and fixed the problem. And if you run the brass anti squat block with laydown, the "V" part of the block needs milled out to clear transmission.
Old 11-08-2017, 06:36 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by RandyJones
We had same issue with our Fantom motors when changing truck over to laydown. I took chassis to work and milled out the area under the motor and fixed the problem. And if you run the brass anti squat block with laydown, the "V" part of the block needs milled out to clear transmission.
FYI - The Exotek anti-squat block will fit with no modifications also, as an option.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Addict

Could you try a couple 0.5 or 1 mm aluminum washers under the waterfall brace and motormount brace on chasis to help clear? That might work if you can't Mill chassis.

I had to put a 0.5 mm washer under aluminum motor mount brace on chasis because my spur was rubbing ever so slightly.

I am using the exotek rear front brass weight/hanger w/o issues.
Old 11-11-2017, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Default Front Ball Cup Issues

Think I figured something out that may help us all. Most people I hear are having issues with the curved ball cups on the steering arm. With the "low mount" ball stud the cups bind near full compression. I switched out the ball studs with standard height ball studs and they move free at full compression. I'm sure this may help and prevent them from popping off and breaking. I put a 0.5 mm washer underneath instead of the 1 mm.

I hope this helps. Don't know when I will get to the track but hopefully soon. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

FYI - The Exotek anti-squat block will fit with no modifications also, as an option.
Sounds like a design issue. Had a similar issue with my 22SCT 2.0 when I converted to mid motor. I had to lift the trans ever so slightly to get my motor to fit.

TLR is really disappointing me lately.
Nothing against you Frank. You are amazing and offering us support and suggestions to get the most out of our models.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RandyJones
We had same issue with our Fantom motors when changing truck over to laydown. ... And if you run the brass anti squat block with laydown, the "V" part of the block needs milled out to clear transmission.
Thanks. Nice to know it's not just me! And thanks for the notice about the brass pivot/anti-squat block-- i was thinking about buying that!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.