Search
Like Tree197Likes

Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default traction roll

Originally Posted by kompressor
im at 17mm on ride height, -1 on camber, 27.5 front oil 25 rear on high grip astro. with blue or yellow fronts i will traction roll unless i put some glue on the outside of tire, like the TC days.
try going heavier on your shock oils 35 frt- 32.5 rear. trim outside row of spikes half way down on the rear if you still have an issue. or up half wt. frt/rear shocks! that my opinion.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

im at 17mm on ride height, -1 on camber, 27.5 front oil 25 rear on high grip astro. with blue or yellow fronts i will traction roll unless i put some glue on the outside of tire, like the TC days.
I've been having this big time (on carpet) I got some help which mainly was lengthen wheelbase and lengthen the rear upper link (and ony use 1mm of spacer at the inner rear. That way, you sacrifice some grip but don't traction roll. I also used a front sway bar (thin).
Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You are definitely way too light with the oils. I have been running on turf all season with my KC and I have it dialed in. My shock package looks like: Front - 550 cst (45wt losi) w/ Orange spring, Rear: 400 cst (32.5 wt losi) Green spring

I run a 17mm ride height too. Try the above shock package and you will be happier.

What tires are you running?
Old 12-06-2017, 04:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Are you still in position 2? Position 3 will calm it down quite a bit on entry and reduce grip roll.

Agree with the comments above on going up on oil.

Could also try 16mm ride height even if there's jumps.
Old 12-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ian.joyner
Are you still in position 2? Position 3 will calm it down quite a bit on entry and reduce grip roll.

Agree with the comments above on going up on oil.

Could also try 16mm ride height even if there's jumps.
I am also running P3. The car is very neutral, mellow and easy to drive
Old 12-08-2017, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

So I’ve been running my KC on turf and carpet since I got it in the spring. I’m heading to a race tomorrow on some medium bite clay so it will be a new experience for me with the car. P4 it is and here we go.....,
qcrc, MelKF2, oldernoob and 1 others like this.
Old 12-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default D to C

Past 3+ months been running carpet (KC P3) Awesome! Have ran the KD Excellent Med/High down to low grip. Will try P4 in AZ. during the Desert Classic looking forward to motorcitymatts input!

[ATTACH]1453148[/ATTACH
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy-img_20171206_102624.jpg  
Old 12-10-2017, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Schumacher KC 2wd Buggy-img_20171210_160305.jpg
Originally Posted by MelKF2

Past 3+ months been running carpet (KC P3) Awesome! Have ran the KD Excellent Med/High down to low grip. Will try P4 in AZ. during the Desert Classic looking forward to motorcitymatts input!

[ATTACH]1453148[/ATTACH
Old 12-10-2017, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Mel the KC looks nice!

Like I said I've been running mine on Astro and carpet with foam tires also settling on P3. On Astro I feel like I could hot lap the car faster in P4 with the battery forward but P3 is faster and more consistent over 5 minutes. I am not sure what kind of carpet you are running on but I wonder what P2 would be like for you. Have you tried it?

Things did not go very well for me on dirt this weekend.
I went out there with some assumptions about the track and my tire package was not correct. And because I didn't have a lot of my equipment with me I wasn't able to mess with knocking down the pin height and the tires I had were pretty new. Even in P4 the car was quite a handful and I was way off the pace, struggling to find the grip both on and off power. The setup I ran was very close to what Orlowski's setup from the Euro's race was, minus the shocks on back. I wanted to try that next but I got preoccupied with replacing a blown speedo before the mains. Definitely not my day....

I raced the KF2 MM layout (which is basically P3 on the KC) with some success on dirt. But I also was certain that my tires were on point. I am going to try and get back in there with the right tires and see what I can do. There was a guy running a KD there and it was locked in, so if all else fails that's what I'll do. Which is the beauty of this car/platform. Only a 100-ish bucks for basically another car.
Tony Newland and ian.joyner like this.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default kc

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
Mel the KC looks nice!

Like I said I've been running mine on Astro and carpet with foam tires also settling on P3. On Astro I feel like I could hot lap the car faster in P4 with the battery forward but P3 is faster and more consistent over 5 minutes. I am not sure what kind of carpet you are running on but I wonder what P2 would be like for you. Have you tried it?

Things did not go very well for me on dirt this weekend.
I went out there with some assumptions about the track and my tire package was not correct. And because I didn't have a lot of my equipment with me I wasn't able to mess with knocking down the pin height and the tires I had were pretty new. Even in P4 the car was quite a handful and I was way off the pace, struggling to find the grip both on and off power. The setup I ran was very close to what Orlowski's setup from the Euro's race was, minus the shocks on back. I wanted to try that next but I got preoccupied with replacing a blown speedo before the mains. Definitely not my day....

I raced the KF2 MM layout (which is basically P3 on the KC) with some success on dirt. But I also was certain that my tires were on point. I am going to try and get back in there with the right tires and see what I can do. There was a guy running a KD there and it was locked in, so if all else fails that's what I'll do. Which is the beauty of this car/platform. Only a 100-ish bucks for basically another car.
no haven't tried P2! our track at this time has 2 types of carpet high/low grip so I started w/ P3 and it has good balance! as you know tires are the key to every setup! I use positrons (proline) and transistor up front for my kd awesome! will use the same tires for kc P4? hope it works as well as they did for the kd? we'll see. But I will have the kd ready just in case!
Old 12-12-2017, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

This car is unreal. I literally built it with what was in the box and ran for the first time in over a year, and qualified 4th at our first big series race. I've raced it 2 times at the club since and have tq'd and placed 2nd in both races. I even used the box shock oil.

Gotta love when a car is that good right out of the box. Everyone else here is running Yokomo, so it's good to have this car stand up so well against them.
Tony Newland, qcrc and oldernoob like this.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by the big rc
This car is unreal.
It's true

Originally Posted by the big rc
Gotta love when a car is that good right out of the box.
That was my experience too. The kit setup was really good on astro. What are you running it on?

I don't really understand why the car isn't more popular. You can get one for $369 before any discounting at DiscountRC and there are other good deals out there too. Amain retails it for $425, which is a little high IMO and probably scares people away.

I think it is a much better deal if you are going to run on carpet/astro than say the 22 4.0 or the YZ2 DTM. Neither of them include gear diffs, and they are not cheap to add. The closest in terms of value would probably be an Xray XB2. But then you would have to start wearing neon ties and tolerate other bits of over the top marketing
the big rc and oldernoob like this.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

LOL at your last sentence Matt

The KC in position 4 is lethal on high grip clay... at the same time tires is a much bigger game on clay than say turf etc... inserts, suace, tread depth etc is critical. Its the game we play here daily... I watch new guys come from out of town or the carpet track struggle hard to find the secrets. I thought your tire combo looked interesting in your pics
Old 12-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Tech Regular

If by "interesting" you mean: "not good", then you're right on the money!

Yeah, I have no problem mixing brands and experimenting, etc. The track I went to (was first time there) was probably on the lower end of medium bite, but I was expecting substantially higher. They had the heaters on in the building all night before race day so the track was more dry than it should have been too. After talking with some of the locals they were saying how great the tire wear was on the track and that they were getting a whole season out of a set. Right there I knew I was in trouble. I wouldn't be a able to get enough track time to get an edge on the new ones I had and because of a fresh snow fall parking lot burnouts were not an option. I actually saw a wide variety of tires on cars but the consensus among the faster cars seemed to be on low-pin Electron/Positron. I even saw some guys running the new "Inversion" tire from PL, which is like a semi-slick. I also did not ask about compound but I bet some people were quietly using an M4 or JCon green super soft compound because of the cooler track temps and low wear.

But yeah, tire voodoo is one of the reasons why I like turf/carpet better than dirt overall. I also think it is better for growing the hobby because it is much more accessible to new folks. They don't understand how they could have spent that much money on a car and when they throw it down the first time it is doing donuts. On carpet and turf people probably have a much better first experience.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

haha ya Im not a fan of mixing tires, brands and compounds...seems to cause more handling issues

I run same brand or compound always... especially indoor clay. Wow thats a spread of treads from positrons to slicks (inversions). Have you done the drill breakin technique? I would recommend that over parking lot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.