Search
Like Tree41Likes

Schumacher KD 2wd buggy

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Anyone have a picture with the RC Shox slipper delete on there KD that they can post a close up of? No directions is a pain but I think I have it on right but wouldn't mind seeing a good picture on someone with one on.

Thanks
R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher KD 2wd buggy
Old 11-16-2017, 10:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MelKF2
Attachment 1424297

Tested Slipper Delete (RCShox) Excellent!! Strong, Light 4.2 grs. Outstanding product must have for 17.5/13.5 spec racing. Nice work RCShox!
Thanks. At least that is better than what I was looking at.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just pulled the trigger on one of these buggy’s. My track is old school low grip, loamy and bumpy at times. Holeshot and ribs are common tires used. Excited to see how it does.
wyd likes this.
Old 11-25-2017, 05:20 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by cwalsh
Just pulled the trigger on one of these buggy’s. My track is old school low grip, loamy and bumpy at times. Holeshot and ribs are common tires used. Excited to see how it does.
Should work well on that kind of track. Car makes plenty of rear traction.
Old 11-26-2017, 01:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wyd
Should work well on that kind of track. Car makes plenty of rear traction.
Any idea where I should gear a 13.5?
Old 11-26-2017, 09:46 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by cwalsh
Any idea where I should gear a 13.5?
I would probably gear it about 2 or 3 teeth less than a standard 17.5. I raced today and ran 31/72 in stock 17.5. If I ran a 13.5 I would start at 27 or 28 pinion with the 72 spur gear. Check your temp after 2 or 3 minutes and see where your at. We run 7 minutes mains and my motor temps with no fan are 150 degrees or and at 5 minutes I'm around 135 to 140.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:17 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Really had my KD working well yesterday at my home indoor clay track. I been running stock 17.5 right now but I finally had the steering I needed to keep up with the lay down tranny guys. I just need my 17.5 to a little more rip or I will just start running mod so I don't have to play the motor of the week club. Normally in stock my cars are always very quick so not sure why my car don't have the rip. I will go through and make sure my esc is setup right and that I didn't by mistake have some current limiting or something dumb like that turned on.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
Really had my KD working well yesterday at my home indoor clay track. I been running stock 17.5 right now but I finally had the steering I needed to keep up with the lay down tranny guys. I just need my 17.5 to a little more rip or I will just start running mod so I don't have to play the motor of the week club. Normally in stock my cars are always very quick so not sure why my car don't have the rip. I will go through and make sure my esc is setup right and that I didn't by mistake have some current limiting or something dumb like that turned on.
I would think you're going to have a hard time keeping up in the turns with a laydown tranny if you're using a stand up. Do you think you're sacrificing rear grip to increase steering which is causing your "rip" issue?

Maybe time to invest in the belt laydown tranny option?
Old 11-27-2017, 06:52 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
I would think you're going to have a hard time keeping up in the turns with a laydown tranny if you're using a stand up. Do you think you're sacrificing rear grip to increase steering which is causing your "rip" issue?

Maybe time to invest in the belt laydown tranny option?
I'm pretty sure I have something on my esc or radio setup wrong. I had no problems with my D216 stand up keeping up with the same guys I'm racing now on the same tracks. Only difference is my esc setup. As far as grip I have plenty of that. Worst case I will just run mod and not have to worry about lacking any power.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

I say take the KD as far as you can until you are absolutely certain that going to P4 of the KC is going to start helping you. If you have a traction problem (sounds like you don't, but rather an electronics config issue) then P4 isn't going help you most likely.
wyd likes this.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:22 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by motorcitymatt
I say take the KD as far as you can until you are absolutely certain that going to P4 of the KC is going to start helping you. If you have a traction problem (sounds like you don't, but rather an electronics config issue) then P4 isn't going help you most likely.
I get to practice tomorrow and will have time to get my esc on the computer. I will go over a few things a and have one of my buddies test out my current motor as well. Should have it figured out Tues and if not I will have some time on Wed as well.

Its not like my car is a total dog as I did qualify 2nd this week as my car does work really well. My buddy also is running stock at are track with his KD and he has more rip so I know its not a traction issue vs motor or esc setup. I'm going to try my new Castle 2850kv motor as well and if I can keep my same handling but gain a few tenths quicker I will strongly think about running mod instead.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Practice didn't go exactly as planned. I hit a post during one of my runs and ripped the back A arm right off the car but looks like nothing else was broken. Didn't seem to make my stock car go too much faster but I did get to try the new Castle 2850 kv motor I have and I can say that it is plenty to run mod with with and then some.

I will get the car fixed up later this week as I have a bunch of new parts coming anyways and will have the car torn down so not a huge deal.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Tech Adept

Just picked up one of these kits and thought I would share my build and first track day with it. The build went really well, only had two small issues, one was when installing the front hex I realized they only shipped one hex pin so I cut down a body clip to use in its place until I get the ones I ordered. The other was when installing the rear camber links they shipped one 1mm shim and the other was a .5mm shim, I had plenty so again it was not a big deal, otherwise the build was really good and quality throughout the kit.

Track day was a good showing for first time out, was Q2 and finished A4 mostly due to poor driving and we invert the starts from time to time so I started in the back. The track was a low grip and dusty/loamy indoor clay track with temps in the 50's. I ran holeshots on the back and ribs on the front. The car was built with the kit setup and had really good rear traction, good on power steering but had a bad understeer off throttle. The car jumped well but maybe was a little light on the oil or possibly the ride height was too low for the track, changing to 27.5 in the shocks and going to raise to 21-22mm ride height next time out. The only thing I didn't like was how much noise the spur gear made, the car had a whistle when wide open. I tried a couple different pinions including new aluminum and steel and it was the same. I ordered the slipper eliminator for it so hoping the spurs are less noisy. Going to make a couple of small changes for next time out and possibly try a different front tire.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for sharing your experience with the new kit. It is always nice to see more Schueys out on the track

The slipper eliminator spur (RC Shox?) does run a bit more quietly. Keep us posted on how you are doing with it after you get the front tire situation sorted out
Old 12-06-2017, 04:55 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

cwalsh check to make sure your pinion gear isn't by chance rubbing the gear cover. When I ran the slipper eliminator my pinion rubbed the gear cover some. Some of your noise might be that gear cover as it is a plastic material and sound really echos thru it. Maybe an o ring between the cover and the motor mount. Some of the noise is also the aluminum tranny case as noise vibrates thru them some. My car isn't super loud but it does make a different sound than most other cars when I run it.

You might try a little bit of drag brake will help get you into the corner a little better and a little more off power steering. You also can also try moving the steering blocks back from the 4.5 position to the 3.0 position would help some as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.