Coil-over, oil-filled shocks
Easy-access battery compartment
Bolt-on body panels and interior details
Includes Spektrum DX2E transmitter with AVC adjustment
Bright LED light bar
Old 12-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

Looks like a fun rig. Definitely designed to compete with the Yeti and at first glance appears to be a solid setup. The chassis setup alone looks far easier to wrench on than the nightmare that is the yeti.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WOW. Dammit Horizon, how am I supposed to stop buying toys when you keep doing things like this?

I can't tell if it has the Baja Rey's center diff. Hopefully it does. The center diff makes the platform SO much more stable when cornering.
Old 12-29-2016, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Waterproof Electronics?

https://s7d5.scene7.com/is/image/hor...LOS03009T1_a21
Old 12-29-2016, 09:05 PM
Tech Champion

No doubt they meant splash-proof. However, I have run those little brushless CPU fans completely underwater many times without any problems. The motor endbell fan on my Wraith is probably the most abused little CPU fan in the world, and it still runs fine.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
No doubt they meant splash-proof. However, I have run those little brushless CPU fans completely underwater many times without any problems. The motor endbell fan on my Wraith is probably the most abused little CPU fan in the world, and it still runs fine.
Na, the fan is no prob, look closely and you can see the Spektrum RX is not in a sealed box,just like the BajaRey.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Oh, that. Yeah, water pooling in the receiver case would be a problem, though the circuit boards in Spektrum's receivers are all waterproofed now.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

6 Pole motor is a detail many websites left out.
Old 01-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Interesting, but I'm not sure I care about having a 6-pole motor. 4-pole seems to work fine, and 6-pole forces the ESC's power distribution circuit to operate faster to achieve the same motor speed.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im still thinking about getting one, tired of the slow crawling....want to blast through stuff instead. Tazer Motor/ESCs always go on fleabay immediately for me.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 357 (100%+)

I'll be picking one up. Will definitely eBay the stock electronics and throw something better in place. Otherwise, looks like a lot of fun.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Upgrades

I haven't been this excited about a new RC product in some time. I'm happy to see Horizon pursuing this scale, live axle platform. Great looks and seems to have good performance (better than the Yeti?). This is the first RC car I've ever pre-ordered and am counting the days to mid-Feb when it's supposed to be delivered (via Amain). That being said, I love to build and will undoubtedly be upgrading my Rock Rey. What upgrades are you guys planning?

Up front, I'd like to upgrade the wheels and tires. I want to add a spare on the back for the looks. I know it will hurt performance, but that's not the point for me. Does anyone know the offset of the RR's 12mm hex (couldn't find it on Losi's site) or what specific wheels will fit? Can I just bolt on wheels that fit the Yeti? I'd prefer to not spend $150 on six wheels. Also, the tires looks great, but are so soft (good for crawling) that they balloon very easily under 2S power (even more so on 3S). I plan to spend more time at speed than crawling, but still want something that looks scale. Any recommendations?

I will also probably do the ESC and motor at some point, but want to see how it feels out of the box. Seems like a decent setup, but really want a sensored system for the times that I do want to crawl. I definitely plan on replacing the servo. What would you guys recommend?

I'll also be getting a clear body when they are available. The trim scheme just doesn't do it for me and I have some killer ideas for the body.

Are there any other hop ups/upgrades you would recommend based on the Baja Rey?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-2017, 01:03 AM
Tech Champion

I canceled my preorder. I got the Baja Rey as soon as it became available, so I'm going to sit back and let the market evaluate this one first. Also I need the money for other things.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Just a few more weeks. Getting my gear ready and got busted by my wife for spending too much. Interesting how much more closely she watches what we spend once she takes over the bills.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

It's easier to watch spending closely when you see all the spending and not just your own.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.