Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho EP ULTIMA ST Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Kyosho EP ULTIMA ST Help

Hi, i just won a R/C on ebayand wanted to know any info about it. it looked clean. but i would like to know about the truck, are these any good, parts easy to find and upgrade? just anything ya know about them.
here is the truck i won.
Thanks, Howard

Last edited by hgoody77; 01-10-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Oh WOW, its been a couple years since I've seen one of those. I had the 'race' version of that one...
Supposedly at the time it was a mix of the best of both worlds from Associated and Losi. It's a good truck, but as far as the parts goes I think it will pretty tough to find them. Some of the parts have been transferred over to new vehicles like the rear hubs are the same as the ones on their ZX-5 buggy. I think your best bet is to check in all the forums for old Kyosho parts and post in all the Want To Buy sections...
Old 01-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Tech Adept

My club's rental car is the buggy version of that truck I considered getting one since they were selling cheap at a hobbyshop I ran across. But a bit of research told me they were discontinued. Nice truck, just don't break anything!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Initiate

from what it looks like i will need some good batteries, a decent charger, those rear tires are shot so ill need some of those as well. looks like it needs some sort of alignment? the tires are bald on the inner edge. guess thats camber and not toe in or out.
guess ill have to wait and see what tires will fit on this model.

Howard
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

i race my ultima st. it keeps up with all the losi and associated trucks. its a good truck. but i cant find parts for it. kyoshoamerica.com has some of the parts, but not all. i need to rebuild my gearbox but cant find all the gears and shafts. do you know were i could find them?
Old 12-13-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

those trucks are pretty sweet i used to race one. parts are hard to find but what can you expect with an old discontinued car. shocks are easy to find parts for since it's the same design as the lazer zx-5(seals, caps, etc...) just not th same size. i think that the place you should give a call is tower hobbies i think that they still have a bunch of the parts for that truck like arms, towers and stuff like that. i do know that you canput the associated t3 caster block and steering spindles on that car. and if you do some work you can run the associated diff in the car instead of the heavy stock diff.

just my .2 cents
Old 12-13-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

yeah i wanna upgrade to the type-r, but i cant find all the right gears. they dont sell them all on the site anymore. what about a slipper clutch. do you know of any type that will fit it?
Old 12-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i have a Type R that is just collecting dust if anyone wants to make me a offer i cant refuse.
its a great truck but i have a mf2 that i race now.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default um

hey what do you want for it