Why no sct?

Old 12-17-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Why no sct?

So after racing today, my dad pointed out that none of the "fast" guys run 2wd buggy and 2wd sct. I race buggy and sct and am wondering if the fast guys don't use sct because of large differences in handling between the two vehicles thanks.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Maybe they don't want the traffic from those groups. I race 2wd sct because it is fun. Lots of fast guys I know race 2wd buggy, but usually not 2wd sct, as they want more top level competition.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by platgof
Maybe they don't want the traffic from those groups. I race 2wd sct because it is fun. Lots of fast guys I know race 2wd buggy, but usually not 2wd sct, as they want more top level competition.
Thank you for replying so fast!
Old 12-17-2016, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

2whl mod buggy is the F1 of off-road electric racing. The most challenging and the most rewarding.

SCT is the monster jam of the electric off-road racing world. Very easy to drive, usually lots of fun. Never as serious.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Transitioning between buggy and SCT is very difficult. We just added stadium truck at our track and after tonight, running all 3, I am dropping SCT.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think it depends on location, Trackside a major race venue on the map of most professional tours and located in south east Wisconsin and every track up Hwy 41 to my area north east WI, Sct and 2wd buggy are the most popular and taken very serious with sct sometimes having a higher turn out, its also a fact that Sct is responsible for the revitalization of R/c racing and is also responsible for bringing in more new racer's than any other class witch makes it easy to confuse for a beginer's class but I've never heard a pro say driving a sct was easy !!!

Also media coverage for Sct seems to be slim from the Main R/c media outlets as if Sct Was just a phase However youtube Data shows Sct is searched and uploaded more than any other class of R/c racing.

you have to remember its understood that its not okay to touch vehicles in open wheel racing allowing for very rewarding clean runs not so in sct, I love seeing a racer throw a 550$ radio because someone nudged him second to last lap.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 12-17-2016 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

2wd and 4wd sct classes are very regional in popularity.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
2wd and 4wd sct classes are very regional in popularity.
Agreed you know R/c Raceing has been around a long Time and I personally consider it a sport but for some Reason its growth is very minimal I've seen in my short lifetime so far many new hobby's born, turn sport, and take the world stage in a very short span of time, why not R/c specifically scale auto racing, as even FPV Drone Racing can be seen on Espn.

I know there are many variables but as someone who loves to wright and investigate I'm going to research this and wright about it.

as human beings we come up with many things for entertainment and to pass time some as simple as a stick and ball or just a leather ball to simple machinery and the complicated, there's know doubt that people need to be able to relate and feel welcomed for a sport to be successful witch racer's try and portray but hardly feels genuine at times I notice we have a hard time supporting each other and we are hard on beginers, or is it the people who profit from our hobby holding us back ? and why do basher's hate us so much well I'm going to find out so look out for the thread and sorry if I jacked this one and thanks to the op for inspiring the thought.

I red a script above a hospital archway ounce that red "The wisdom and understanding of all things" I knew right away that it was Godly knowledge, information that if I even wanted to attain and begin to understand Id have to be able to look at my self through eyes of truth and accountability.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 12-18-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

When we opened our track 6 years ago we had 12-14 heats of SC racing on a given night, mostly 2wd. Now we have 1 heat of mixed SC. Stadium truck is hit or miss. It seems like everybody has a stadium truck but they only bring it out once in a while. I think 4wl SC is the most fun out of all of them but alas we very seldom have enough of them for a heat of racing. SC, and especially 4wl, has become a hacker class [which I still love to run]. Buggy has always been the marquis class and 13.5 4wl buggy seems to be the latest new thing.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aeRayls
2whl mod buggy is the F1 of off-road electric racing. The most challenging and the most rewarding.

SCT is the monster jam of the electric off-road racing world. Very easy to drive, usually lots of fun. Never as serious.
That sums it up. Also SCT is more forgiving when bumping and rubbing. Open wheel has zero tolerance for it as you may have found out if you touched tires with another buggy.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Generalizations.

Challenging and rewarding depends on lot of factors. Depends on where you run; who you run with. Competition is what is challenging and rewarding.

Easy to drive and never as serious. Strongly disagree. At a serious level, nothing is easy.

Regardless. Opinions like this perpetuate stereotypes. For some reason, SCT takes the brunt of it. Unfortunate...
Old 12-19-2016, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

2w mod buggy the f1 of electric off road, what is e-buggy??
Old 12-19-2016, 10:45 AM
Tech Adept

I like SCT 2wd. Having closed wheels, allowing rubbing makes for some pretty intense races. Of course you need to have clean drivers.

4wd SCT seems to have too many bashers, relying on the 4wd to get them around the track.

2wd 17.5 Buggy is the other class I run, and switching between the two classes isn't that hard. Also another close race class.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PhilipBGreen
Agreed you know R/c Raceing has been around a long Time and I personally consider it a sport but for some Reason its growth is very minimal I've seen in my short lifetime so far many new hobby's born, turn sport, and take the world stage in a very short span of time, why not R/c specifically scale auto racing, as even FPV Drone Racing can be seen on Espn.

I know there are many variables but as someone who loves to wright and investigate I'm going to research this and wright about it.

as human beings we come up with many things for entertainment and to pass time some as simple as a stick and ball or just a leather ball to simple machinery and the complicated, there's know doubt that people need to be able to relate and feel welcomed for a sport to be successful witch racer's try and portray but hardly feels genuine at times I notice we have a hard time supporting each other and we are hard on beginers, or is it the people who profit from our hobby holding us back ? and why do basher's hate us so much well I'm going to find out so look out for the thread and sorry if I jacked this one and thanks to the op for inspiring the thought.

I red a script above a hospital archway ounce that red "The wisdom and understanding of all things" I knew right away that it was Godly knowledge, information that if I even wanted to attain and begin to understand Id have to be able to look at my self through eyes of truth and accountability.
Take out turn marshalls and putting vehicles back upright and racing that does not go on for 45 minutes per class. The general public may be able to understand and watch it then. It's a video game with unlimited lives the way we have it now.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floyd2810
2w mod buggy the f1 of electric off road, what is e-buggy??
Nothing special, honestly. Plug and play 1/8 scale. "Lazy man's" 1/8 scale maybe, compared to nitro buggy (another long time, well established class)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.