Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I heard it was a new buggy hmmmmmmmmmm
rusty-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 09:06 PM   #17
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by svines1972
I tried to order some upgrade parts from Trinity yesterday, and they said they have discontinued the MF2 parts because Losi is going to release a new truck in May/June. Trinity is in the process of producing upgrades for it.

I love to hear things like that. <sarcasm>You have to love a company that ceases all production and sales of parts for a kit the second they hear an inkling that there might be something new in the works. It's not like there aren't people still buying those kits or anything.</sarcasm> It's the same crap with them not supporting ANY of their old 12th scale cars with parts, because they can only push their new flavor of the weak (sic). Gotta love the big T's motives...

Sorry, didn't mean to drag this into my dislike for Trinity's lack of respect for the R/C buying community...

I honestly would be surprised to see anything new from Losi before we see a new 1/8th nitro buggy for that market. Just an edumacated guess, is all.

d
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:18 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty-racing
The car will not be raced at the race because its not finished. They didnt have enough time to get everything worked out yet check 4wdrc.com they have all the info
Actually, Hodapp did drive and race the new car. Chazz brought it around the pits showing it off. I have to say it's a departure from the norm. Motor in front of the rear shock tower, 4-2 split batt pack, B4 front looked pretty much stock, custom trans case, and custom rear arms. The rear shock tower had like 15 holes in it for testing, but Chazz said Hodapp had to pick 3 for the production model. It looked very prototype, but VERY interesting. Hodapp did OK with it, considering it had only been put together Wednesday.
Bike racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I guess those guys busted there butts then. I bet it looked pretty sweet
rusty-racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:49 AM   #20
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike racer
Actually, Hodapp did drive and race the new car. Chazz brought it around the pits showing it off. I have to say it's a departure from the norm. Motor in front of the rear shock tower, 4-2 split batt pack, B4 front looked pretty much stock, custom trans case, and custom rear arms. The rear shock tower had like 15 holes in it for testing, but Chazz said Hodapp had to pick 3 for the production model. It looked very prototype, but VERY interesting. Hodapp did OK with it, considering it had only been put together Wednesday.
They were at DirtBurners in Michigan all day Wednesday testing and picking up parts for the X-6. Defitnitly different looking from the rear and looks real wide.I know it fit thru the go/no go jig in Columbus,but it just looks wide.
Unless it has the same success as the X-5,I dont think people will go for the
radical change in design from the Losi or Associated buggy.If thye Losi and Associated were so design flawed,why does Kyosho look just like the B4/XXX
platforms?
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead
If thye Losi and Associated were so design flawed,why does Kyosho look just like the B4/XXX
platforms?

older pic.. but..... you get the idea ;-) im sure we all know what it looks like but just for people that don't..

on that note.. do we get a new yo-yo from losi anytime soon?

RCMits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #22
Tech Rookie

as far as a new car or truck our team guy in our area runs a stock MF2 truck, but his buggy has the XX rear block and the front hubs dremeled. I would kind of think there would be a new 2wd off-road buggy first.
supersonic96 is offline   Reply With Quote