Search

NEW 1/18th ASSOCIATED BUGGY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Team Associated RC18B

e

Last edited by Khan48; 07-21-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Default buggy...

If it anything like the others it will be Very Good. I got to see one at my LHS, I especially like the carbon fibre sticker on the wing. Too Cool!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My hobby shop's got them in stock. They're essentially RC18T's with a wing support and different wheels/body.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

That still makes them better than most 18th scale r/c out there today.

I just like the fact that they come with a decent battery and motor, and oil filled shocks. The mini Inferno would cost how much to get to that?

The only 18th scale (imho) that even comes close to surpassing the associated is the mini LST. ( I think that is what I saw). two motors!! That should be fast and even more torquey(sp) than associated stuff. That is an apples to oranges though. Truggy to buggy.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I saw a few of these last friday on the carpet track and man these were flying. Like three guys already had brand new ones, and they raced them that night they raced them. A+ performance.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Elite

The 18B is a very good little buggy. Well eguipped for a rtr. The radio is the same cheapo that is in all Asc. rtrs. Otherwise it is pretty good. The aforementioned LST mini, is a SNAIL in stock form. But, then again it is a monster truck.
We race all this stuff in my store on Sat. nights. The new Vendetta from Duratrax (yep, I said Duratrax), is about the coolest thing to come out recently. It handles & looks like a 1/8 buggy on the track.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Adept

Default duratrax

You wern't kidding. I thought the Kyosho half eight was hot new set up until
I saw the vendetta. Duratrax finally made something worth buying.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by duneland
The 18B is a very good little buggy. Well eguipped for a rtr. The radio is the same cheapo that is in all Asc. rtrs. Otherwise it is pretty good. The aforementioned LST mini, is a SNAIL in stock form. But, then again it is a monster truck.
We race all this stuff in my store on Sat. nights. The new Vendetta from Duratrax (yep, I said Duratrax), is about the coolest thing to come out recently. It handles & looks like a 1/8 buggy on the track.
I agree with the fact that the lst stock is a snail. My friend who had a mini t even, his was a snail at first. It went so slow, and he put a cheapo orion motor and it still was super slow. Now it's got a reedy mini max which I would suggest for all 1/18ths but still I think the associated cars go better stock.

But I did see the vendetta in a package, and this interests me that someone mentioned duratrax made something good. Maybe the company has made a change for the good with the Warhead and Vendetta eh?
Old 12-07-2005, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

e

Last edited by Khan48; 07-21-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

The brushless systems are common place in1/18 racing. I have been using them for quite a while now. I have a track in my store...We race on and off-road classes. I have been using the Mamba system since they came out. For an all out drag race, the brushless systems with an 8 kv motor and LiPo battery is the way to go. Absolutely insane accelleration and top speed. On most tracks, you should be able to keep up fine with a brushed system. There are plenty of motors that put out more than can be 'hooked up' on most tracks. The Quantum sport is very smooth & will handle any motor that you could put in a 1/18. Typically, the better breshed esc's are smoother and more linear, than the brushless esc's. The new Tekin is a big improvement though. It is very smooth!
Old 12-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

www.one18th.com For all your small scale needs!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

LRP, Durartrax and Yokomo all have the same car, but with different badges on them. They are all 1/18th 4WD buggies that look like scaled down 1/8ths.

Yokmo MB-4 - http://www.halfeight.com/forums/show...p?t=840&page=2

LRP Shark-18 - http://www.one18th.com/ShowNews11261...3-showfull.htm

In my opinion, the Vendetta has the nicest looking body.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

So let me guess...you are akura from that forum? Someone by that name said the Duratrax had the best body because it looks like a Crowd Pleazer.

I agree. I don't really like the way they rebadge cars and sell them under a different name. Especially in the real world! A Chevy S10 is actually an Izuzu Amigo, and a Ford Ranger is actually a Mazda B3000. The Chrysler 300C, Dodge Charger, and Dodge Magnum are built off the Mercedes E-Class chassis, and GM rebadges everything to make the same thing under a different name! Even the Chevy Cobalts were designed FOR Chevy BY Toyota! An American Revolution huh? Pfft...
Old 12-14-2005, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
So let me guess...you are akura from that forum? Someone by that name said the Duratrax had the best body because it looks like a Crowd Pleazer.
Meh, I don't own any mini's so I have no reason to become a member on any 1/18 forums.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Rookie

The RC18 platform makes for a fun little truck or buggy. I've owned an RC18MT for about 8 months now and I love it. I'm running the Tekin Mini Rage Extreme brushless motor set-up and the little truck will fly. I like it because I can take it anywhere, it's small, and it's easy to transport, it's insanely fast. When I need a quick RC fix it's so much easier than firing up the nitro truck. I take it to work and run it at lunch time, I almost always have it in my Jeep and if I've got 10 or 15 minutes to kill out it comes. It's very tunable, there are loads of parts available, and in the grand scheme of things it's not real expensive to own and operate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.