Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What radio should I get??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Default What radio should I get??

I am about finished with my inferno and need a radio and reciever. What should I get? I want a high end radio but do no want to spend a fortune. Maybe a better question what is the best radio for the money. R1 are to exspensive. M8s are pushing it. Is the 3D and good, I see lots for sale and people wanting M8s. Any help would be great.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Arrow

weidjd:
before running your mp6, do yourself a favor by checking these little things:
-make sure the throtle/brake rods don't hit the fuel tank when you apply full throttle. i've seen many mp6 racers destroy their fuel tank because of the wrong throttle/brake setup.

-watch for the pipe, set it away from the fuel tank about 1/8 of an inch.

-are your gearboxes perfectly shimmed ?

speaking of the radios, i'm currently using a futaba 3PK. great radio and a lot of improvements from the 3PJs. Futaba 3PJ (the '96 version) was my first computerized radio I owned and I don't see anything that can make me switch to another brand at this moment.

anyway, where do you race your 1/8th in NE ?
Goodyear offroad speedway and Hobbytown at 1st and Cornhusker in Lincoln are great tracks.

Here's my MP6 basic setup:
fr/cc/rr diff fluids: 5k/7k/1k
front/rear shocks: white/400/1x1.6
fr: 0 deg toe/-2 camber/high caster blocks
rr: -1 deg toe/-2 camber/0 a-squat

I use downtravel as a fine tuning depending on the track condition.
With this setup, my mp has a sick steering that is useful to negotiate turns on a tight track.

hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default tuning

I am about done setting up the MP. I have set the tires to what some people and you said. I am using 925mg and 945mg with 6v there specs are not very far from the airtronics. Plus I got a hell of a deal. Thank god for in door racing other wise I go crazy and probably take the buggy to track even in the dead of winter. Go Skers
Old 10-29-2002, 11:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Crime Fighters & Woops are good all round tires.
Hey, Texas might have it this Saturday. Did you see 'em butchered the Cyclones ?
Old 10-30-2002, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

a high end radio like the KO ex1-mars has gd functions for nitro cars.it has functions that will idle ur engine automatically...lots more,but i can't remember them all...

but still.it would be best to try 1 for fit,2 c if u like the grip etc...
Old 10-30-2002, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

I personally have a Lynx 3D, and I believe it should do well for you, however, you might find it a little lacking in features. I personally would tell you to start right away with something like the M8 or KO Mars or something like that. You get what you pay for, and you don't pay much for the Hitec Lynx 3D. For me it is great b/c I was on a budget at the time and needed a new transmitter fast, but I now might consider waiting if it is necessary if I had to, so I could get one of these. Futaba also makes some of the BEST radio gear around so look into them as well, but there are too many letter combos that I forget which is which unless I'm looking at them.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default skers

Sims is an overated QB. I think If our defense shows we will have a very good chance. With the buggy I got Brand new sets of bowties and wheels with it, I will try those for now. THanks
Old 10-30-2002, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah he is way overrated. When was the last time we had an I-back that had 1,000+ yards a season ? Well, sure that was long time ago, we were undeniably strong on the ground. No one was able to stop us. I think Solich is kinda trying to switch our style to the "west coast" offense kinda thing with no luck so far
Old 11-02-2002, 10:20 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just switched from the 3D to the M8.

I love the M8. The responce time feels quite a bit faster, and it fits my hand like a glove..

-Troy
Old 11-10-2002, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Just get the M8. A lot of people like the KO for gas because it is lighter than the Air and with a 15 or 20 min main...

For me the M8 was the only real alternative because my hand is physically too large for the KO. I race electric only so the weight isn't an issue.

Did u see what A&M did to OK?!? ouch. I live in Austin but not a huge fan (I watch so I can chat intelligently with clients, a MUST in Austin!) Texas is overrated every year b/c Mack Brown is one of if not the best recruiter and TX has a huge base of HS grads, but Mack is not the best coach on the field. He really screwed Major last year.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Dingus
Just get the M8. A lot of people like the KO for gas because it is lighter than the Air and with a 15 or 20 min main...

For me the M8 was the only real alternative because my hand is physically too large for the KO. I race electric only so the weight isn't an issue.

Did u see what A&M did to OK?!? ouch. I live in Austin but not a huge fan (I watch so I can chat intelligently with clients, a MUST in Austin!) Texas is overrated every year b/c Mack Brown is one of if not the best recruiter and TX has a huge base of HS grads, but Mack is not the best coach on the field. He really screwed Major last year.
Poor Okies..
Hey speaking of overrated, what bout Colorado ? They were in top 10 during preseason.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:18 PM
Tech Adept

Guess the preseason doesn't mean much. I think the difference is Texas is overrated every year. Same story every season. Great start until they have to actually play (not pay) a team. What did Notre Dame do to stay so low for so long?

Simms is a great QB if his plan works. Out of the pocket, he just can't scramble or think on his feet. Maybe too young?
Old 11-10-2002, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

has anyone had experience with the Airtronics mx3 radio, i was think about getting one with my xnt kit
Old 11-11-2002, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default FM radios

I don't know those model numbers you guys threw out, but I was wondering if any of you own FM radios.

Are they worth the extra price?
Old 11-11-2002, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default football

Went from talking about RC Radios to College FB. I do not know if any one was overated or not. THe teams this year seem overall to not be as good as I have seen before. I think the NCAA rules have really affected the teams. I think any florida or Texas team should be good as they have so many players in both states. Also Florida players that are not even as good as the Bluechip players help any team in College FB. I think Miami can beat if the team's D does not play Prevent the in the last quarter(FSU).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.