Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Tekno RC EB410 Thread >

Tekno RC EB410 Thread

Like Tree2421Likes

Tekno RC EB410 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 05-13-2019, 06:33 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno RC EB410 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester
Welcome to the EB410 Wiki page.

Basic Stats/Features:
  • Shaft drive (tapered AL for light weight and straightness)
  • Gear differentials (all 3)
  • Low Angle CVAs (with captured pins so no ejecting them!)
  • Durable stub axles with 12mm hexes and optional offset adjustments
  • Reverse bellcrank steering system
  • Quick access bulkheads (for easy diff maintenance and tuning)
  • Spllt center diff holder (for easy diff maintenance and tuning)
  • 8th scale style motor mount (for easy mesh adjustment)
  • 13mm big bore shocks
  • 3.5mm shock shafts
  • Droop screws

Videos
Servo Horns
Tekno included a plastic servo horn but also offers an aluminum one. This is highly recommended. Here's a list of servo horns that have been found to work:
Gearing:
Works out of the box for mod or 13.5.
  • Preference for Associated factory team pinions
  • Start mod gearing around 21t pinion
  • Start 13.5 gearing around 29t pinion with the stock spur (81tooth). If using a Tekin Spec R 13.5, start with a 24t pinion for medium sized indoor tracks.
  • Internal Gear Ratio: 2.5:1
  • For comparison:
  • B64 is 2.47:1
  • 22-4 is 2.4:1
  • YZ4 is 2.6:1

Wheels
  • B6/22/rb6 wheels direct fit
  • 22-4/XB4 front wheels direct fit
  • B64 front wheels will fit, but you need the +1 hexes (can use #TKR1654X, which is a +1mm hex)
  • 22 2wd front wheels will also fit, possibly a good option for carpet.

Setup Sheets and other documentation
Setup sheets for all Tekno RC vehicles can be found here. Please be sure to try our recommended setup. It works very well on most tracks.
Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
Aftermarket Upgrades:
Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Build Tips:
  • When fastening the steering posts with a 5.5mm socket wrench, you can back space the socket with some nuts to help drive the post into the bulk head

• Place an alcohol swab over metal threads and drive screws through the swab to clean both sides of threads before applying thread lock

• Use a metallic marker to indicate what fluids you have filled in your diffs for easy identification

• Apply thin layer of grease on crown gears to help hold gaskets in place for easy hole alignment

• Bags F and H have 2 different size set screws, be sure to use the smaller 3x3mm screws for the hexes or you may run into problems installing wheels over the hex if you use the longer 3x4mm screws
  • To make is easier to slip the o-rings on the shock cap bleeder screws, apply a drop of shock oil and slip them over a 1.5mm hex bit, then line up the bit with the screw and transfer the o-ring over using fingernails or needle nose pliers
  • pinch+rotate shock caps in 17mm hex wrench to improve roundness
    More shock build tips here
  • Use a 3.05mm drill bit or 3.05mm Kyosho arm reamer, 1/8" drill bits are not recommended because they are 3.17mm in diameter and tend to introduce too much slop, the pins are roughly 2.97mm in diameter
  • Replace the stock 3x14mm screws (TKR1405) with 3x20mm screws (TKR1409) in step H-10 in the manual in order to increase durability to the bulkhead.

• When installing the front and rear differentials into the bulkheads be careful when tightening the 3x8mm screws of the cover that holds the diff in place. Bottom out the screws first (use a hand driver and make it hand tight) then check the diff to make sure it rotates smooth. If it binds up, start by backing out each screw 1/8-1/4 of a turn until the both front and rear diffs move freely. The plastic threads will keep the screws in place so don't worry if you think the screws are not secure.
  • When installing the steering hub kingpins (TKR6596), drive each one in hand tight only. Then check the movement of the steering hub. If it binds up, back out the kingpin screws by 1/8-1/4 of a turn until it moves freely. Then install the set screws (TKR1601) to hold it in place. Only drive the set screw in until you make contact with the kingpin. Do not force it.
  • If using the low profile servo mount, be sure to use smaller OD (outter diameter) washers to avoid rubbing on the center drive shaft. Protek ball stud washers are a good example of the acceptable diameter. You can chose to not run washers though it is recommended to use them as it makes for a more secure mount.

• Ball Cup Alternative from AE: ASC91453. These are used as a harder composite option if you are not happy with the softer stock plastics. Note that these are approximately 2-3mm shorter and require compensation when building your kit to the manual specs to achieve proper camber/toe settings

• Wheel Nut Alternative: Yokomo 4mm Thin Aluminum Serrated Flanged Nut

https://www.amainhobbies.com/yokomo-...-n4flt/p541494

• Moving Rear Shocks to the Front of the A-arm

This is the break down of what's required by one of the Eb410 FB users.

Joey A.

So since there has been some people wondering about running the shocks in the front of the arm I though I would try explaining everything that I did to get them to work and why. My goal was to run as much stock stuff as possible with the least amount of modifications.

-Arms- need to be flipped and 1mm shaved off the back (spacing the arm farther back) running it this way the car is still a mm shorter then stock but more material could be removed for more adjustability but I have found no need to make the car longer.

-Inner ball stud- there are 2 ways of mounting, the first can be used with the stock plastic tower. All you need to do is use a 10mm ball stud instead of the lower shock mount screw and a little clearance from the shock tower and diff case. Using this method will work but the ball stud is moved lower and farther in then the stock locations which requires different pivot locations to try and correct roll centers. The other way (preferred) using the option carbon tower drill a hole higher and farther out if done properly you will be able to get the ball stud location in the correct hight(0mm) and between the two stock locations.

-Shocks- only 2 changes from stock you will need to space the top shock mount 2mm out. You will also need to run around 1.5-2mm less droop depending on your setup.

-Sway bar- this is the hardest part of the swap. This can be done a million ways I chose to print a mount in the stock ball stud location which allowed me to use the stock swaybars and arm mounting position. You can also bend your own bar and use the stock mounts on the back. You will have to drill your arms on the other side and closer to the pivot for this to work (remember you will need a thinner bar the closer you mount the lower pickup on the arm to get the same feeling as stock).

-Other- you will need to remove the drop screws on the rear arm. Depending on rear rims,hubs,ballcups and setup you might need to clearance the outer ball cup so it doesn’t rub on the wheel.

-Why- the benefits of running the shocks in the front are the ability to run a softer rear shock package without giving up corner speed and pack. The car will land without chassis slapping or packing out as easy allowing you to drive the car harder and it corners flatter and rotates faster without losing rear grip.

Sorry for the shity grammar,
    TJR

Sway bar mount for forward mounted shocks: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tekno-EB410...4AAOSwYNxahFkq

Print Wikipost

Old 04-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

personally loving the futaba s9372SV servos, but man are they $$$.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by billdelong
Thanks for the clarification... I've heard nothing but good things about MKS servos... I agree that 1/8 cars will typically provide more abuse on servos but I wonder if longer linkages might offer a little more flex? I'm also running full aluminum steering rack in my K2 so there's practically no slop and no flex which is nice for precise steering output, but there's no forgiveness when landing with steering full lock from a large triple on a high traction surface, eventually over time, the gears in my Power HD servo will strip out (with no servo saver and aluminum horn)... if the Tessman servo fails in the same fashion, then I might give MKS a shot to see if their metal is any better. I've also started testing an aluminum case brushless servo from JX in my 1/8 Truggy and have been very happy with it so far too:
JX BLS-HV7032MG I might give this one a shot before dropping $250 on an MKS servo which then begs the question at what point is it cost effective?

Let's say I go through 2-3 servo gears a year at a cost of $45 replacement total max... or go through 4-6 servo savers as a cost of roughly the same, then how many years of racing the same chassis is it worth buying a more expensive servo... and will the more expensive servo guarantee to hold up too?

I don't think there's any right/wrong solution, just different philosophies of spending about the same amount of cash over time.
I have actually switched to proamps servo's myself. They're newish to the USA, but well known and loved elsewhere. I have a buddy that has been running the BLS139 in his truggy with great results, and he has now converted all of his cars over to them.

And MKS sources their IC from Proamps, if that tells you anything about the quality. Proamps servo's are also used in military drones (Not USA), so they have to be up to the task of extreme conditions.

You can get them at Pro Amps Servos Don't forget to used the codes on the site to save $$
Old 04-09-2017, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

was looking at liverc.com, is this racer running the new tekno 1/10th 4wd buggy? or is a XB4 or B64 with just a tekno sticker?

P-L Driver Mason Eppley Podiums at Pro-Line April Fool?s Classic on Positrons | Pro-Line Factory Team
Old 04-09-2017, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

looks like an xray
Old 04-09-2017, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

xray shocks, body, steering, towers..... It's an XB4.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So what's the latest news, any closer to a release date
Old 04-16-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rippen
All I know is I've got a side stash of cash waiting for this thing lol
Old 04-16-2017, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EbbTide
All I know is I've got a side stash of cash waiting for this thing lol
I'm with ya
Old 04-17-2017, 06:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Old 04-18-2017, 09:45 PM
Eli
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rippen
2 weeks
Old 04-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

With 1/10 predominantly indoor and high bite clay or carpet, is it fair to assume the EB410 has been designed towards high grip?

I currently run an XB4 2015 with center gear diff. I dont run the 2017 version as it would cost a fair amount to convert all the plastics and options for low grip.

My concern is I am waiting for the EB410 but it will not suit the low grip, dusty track I run on. Maybe Tekno will be wise and release "dirt" and "carpet" versions. Anxiously waiting!
Old 04-19-2017, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eli
2 weeks
Pretty sure we're a bit further away that 2 weeks. I'd start getting antsy in June-July-August for it to be available for pre-order. Tekno said from the beginning mid-2017. They usually hit their marks. It will definitely be available for indoor season to start, without a doubt.

Originally Posted by E-Mann
With 1/10 predominantly indoor and high bite clay or carpet, is it fair to assume the EB410 has been designed towards high grip?

I currently run an XB4 2015 with center gear diff. I dont run the 2017 version as it would cost a fair amount to convert all the plastics and options for low grip.

My concern is I am waiting for the EB410 but it will not suit the low grip, dusty track I run on. Maybe Tekno will be wise and release "dirt" and "carpet" versions. Anxiously waiting!
Knowing Tekno, the eb410 will be tune-able for whatever you are racing on. Highly doubt there will be 2 versions, as I've always found that to be gimmicky.
latentspeed likes this.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by E-Mann

Is there such a thing as dirt/carpet distinction for 4WD's? My understanding is that with 2WD mid motor layouts, there are various laydown options with motor mounting locations where less grip = farther back on the chassis and more grip = farther forward the motor is mounted.

I think the bigger question is if the EB410 will be shaft or belt drive?
Will it support shorty, saddle, brick... or all of the above?

These are probably key indicators for what traction conditions the car is more suited to handle, droop stops would be icing on the cake
Old 04-19-2017, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Is there such a thing as dirt/carpet distinction for 4WD's? My understanding is that with 2WD mid motor layouts, there are various laydown options with motor mounting locations where less grip = farther back on the chassis and more grip = farther forward the motor is mounted.

I think the bigger question is if the EB410 will be shaft or belt drive?
Will it support shorty, saddle, brick... or all of the above?

These are probably key indicators for what traction conditions the car is more suited to handle, droop stops would be icing on the cake
Unfortunately it's all speculation and well wishing right now, because no one knows....Besides that Matthew guy....He knows....But he's keeping his mouth shut!!
Old 04-19-2017, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Is there such a thing as dirt/carpet distinction for 4WD's? .....
Although 2WD, Frank Root talks about the changes made to the 22 4.0 when it comes to correcting the roll center when running low ride heights, needed when racing on carpet.

For what its worth (about the 3 minute mark):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AR0lzY9s7c

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.