Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 10:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by socalcloin
Is there something people are using instead of the stock upper shock bushing ball? They wear out quick or at least it seems that way. I like the design they went with on the 6.1 and the 74 that eliminates the plastic wear part.

Is there something I can use without buying a full standoff kit, like do any of the more durable bushings fit on the stock setup?

Edit - I think I have an idea... I could buy the b6.1 style 10mm bushings and put them on the front and rear and use the washers/spacers I have to keep the spacing correct for the camber link and the shock angle correct.
I’m pretty sure I’ve got the JConcepts bushes on mine with the stock standoffs.
socalcloin likes this.
Old 06-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by John Myall

I’m pretty sure I’ve got the JConcepts bushes on mine with the stock standoffs.
+1
Old 06-20-2019, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I use the b6.1 stand offs. Now just the caps wear out. lol
The aluminum standoffs do eventually wear down also, replaced mine on my 6.1 recently when new shock caps failed to remove the slop.

I still like the new system better, the caps and standoffs last a lot longer than the wee plastic inserts did.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The track shop had some exotek ones on hand, so I just grabbed those. I guess they are supposed to last longer, but for the price I could have got 3 sets of stocks so who knows how much longer.

They do fit nice and snug but allow the shock to spin easily how it should.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just picked up a used B64. While I have had other 2wd vehicles, the only other 4wd's I've had are bashers. I've read through most of this thread focusing on what to look out for, but the one piece I'm not clear on is how tuning the front suspension differs. With power being applied up front that introduces squat/antisquat/dive, correct? Does anyone have a good primer on that portion of the suspension tuning? The popular links I can find here only address these for the rear end.

Thanks,
Old 06-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by estill
I just picked up a used B64. While I have had other 2wd vehicles, the only other 4wd's I've had are bashers. I've read through most of this thread focusing on what to look out for, but the one piece I'm not clear on is how tuning the front suspension differs. With power being applied up front that introduces squat/antisquat/dive, correct? Does anyone have a good primer on that portion of the suspension tuning? The popular links I can find here only address these for the rear end.

Thanks,
I don't have a direct link, but look up 8th scale buggy guides. Tekno and Xray have good guides that should highlight the front end options.
Old 06-24-2019, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by estill

Thanks,
Hudy has an excellent setup guide for 4WD off-road:

https://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile....2bef0706315e0c
Old 06-24-2019, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b1narych0ice
Hudy has an excellent setup guide for 4WD off-road:

https://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile....2bef0706315e0c
This is good stuff, thank you.
b1narych0ice likes this.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (98%+)
Questions?? Front input shaft, center dog bone locked up

I had the front input shaft lock up. It seemed like the center dog bone was binding in the cup. It did it with the diff out but then put every back together and ran a full pack and it never did it, the buggy has about 8 batteries ran in it [it's brand new] also put it on a clean surface so we could see if any rocks or dirt fell out.

Has anyone had this happen

Old 07-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICEMAN96
I had the front input shaft lock up. It seemed like the center dog bone was binding in the cup. It did it with the diff out but then put every back together and ran a full pack and it never did it, the buggy has about 8 batteries ran in it [it's brand new] also put it on a clean surface so we could see if any rocks or dirt fell out.

Has anyone had this happen
Yes. check your input shaft bearings. I had one of those seize in my front diff housing.
Old 07-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Yes. check your input shaft bearings. I had one of those seize in my front diff housing.
I checked them to, I ran 3 races friday without a problem

Old 07-07-2019, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is crazy, I quit this hobby when I was 15 due to financial reasons, about 6 years later i am back into it. Just bought a b64d and fell in love, so also picked up a b6d with a laydown trans. Feels amazing to be back, reason for this post is that I still remember the same guys (Davidka, Krio, Wildcat, and more) still active on this forum and helping people out to this day. Kudos to the oldies here, I have been reluctant to transfer to face book since I miss the old forum style of things .

On the topic of the b64d I put a reedy 6.5 which is way too much for me, the b6d is stock thankfully. So far i've broken 2 differential housing cases, 4 a-arms, and 1 shock tower. Driving sucks and is getting better, but I'm having fun .

BTW Krio, you race at DB, AMS, or Clubhouse ever?
Old 07-08-2019, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

Is there any B64 racers trying to adapt some B74 parts ?
Old 07-08-2019, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 5tone
Is there any B64 racers trying to adapt some B74 parts ?
Basically a totally new platform, nothing reads directly across between the two.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You might be able to get the rack to work but its probably the same as the v2 rack anyway.

The only advantage would be if its in stock or not. Of course the b64 v2 rack was out of stock for the 6 months I ran mine.

Other than that maybe the arms will work I haven't compared my spares, but the sway bar locations might be too different idk.

THE SINGLE real upgrade I think you can do is #92171 aka the front steering blocks. Looks like the geometry is the same but it uses a larger wheel bearing. Im getting a spare set for my 74 and I'll compare them here in the next few days.

Maybe the rear hub hinge pins will work if you drill the hole through the arm. But nothing else will work. If you want the new car get it, its awesome. If not the 64 is still a great car.
5tone likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.