Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC10B64 Thread >

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Old 11-21-2017, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Only arms I've broken were the original ones that came in the kit. I had one from the very first batch and there were air pockets in the arms. Haven't broken the set that replaced them.
Yeah, new arms are much better. I broke 4 or 5 of the originals, but none of the new ones. Not a fan of the hard arms.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Scott R likes this.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RazorRC
Yeah, new arms are much better. I broke 4 or 5 of the originals, but none of the new ones. Not a fan of the hard arms.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
The only reason I use Hard Arms is because the Sway Bar mounting balls constantly break off the regular ones
Old 11-21-2017, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The arm breakage is there. No poor build or any other finger pointing back to the driver. The HB and Losi didn't break in the same race conditions. I've been racing long enough to know an issue when I see one and a couple of local team driver's experiencing the same.

I've broken the hard and the kit arms in the front only. The buggy is amazing though. Just looking to finish some of the races I had breakages in.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
The arm breakage is there. No poor build or any other finger pointing back to the driver. The HB and Losi didn't break in the same race conditions. I've been racing long enough to know an issue when I see one and a couple of local team driver's experiencing the same.

I've broken the hard and the kit arms in the front only. The buggy is amazing though. Just looking to finish some of the races I had breakages in.
you running on carpet or turf?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
you running on carpet or turf?
Indoor clay
Old 11-21-2017, 11:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default MOTOR??

Hey guys whats the best motor/ESC combo for this car? any suggestions??
Old 11-22-2017, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenyute
What is best for you depends on how you plan to use your car. I'll just list what I'm running: Tekin RSX and 6.5 turn Gen3 motor.
Old 11-22-2017, 06:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

I like the 13.5 class. I just enjoy less motor on clay/dirt. #stock4life
Old 11-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
If you are having a durability issue, there's a mod you can do that might help. You'll have to take a small amount of material off the rear of the arm to make sure it doesn't bind. Then, instead of the plastic washer that goes on the hinge pin with the arm, you use a shock O-ring. This gives the arm a bit of give on hard impacts.
Any noticeable handling issues as a result? Might have to try this. Both front and rear?
Old 11-22-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by FastGT94
Any noticeable handling issues as a result? Might have to try this. Both front and rear?
Not sure on handling affects. Haven't done the mod myself, since I've had good luck with the stock arms so far.

Shouldn't feel any different on power or coasting, but when you hit the brakes it might bind up a tad since the load on the arm will be squishing the o-ring instead of the plastic spacer. Shouldn't be noticeable to anyone but a pro, I'd imagine. I would just try it on the front arms.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenyute
I have run Reedy, Hobbywing Tekin and Orion.
Reedy works great no issues when I had all Reedy. If you do have a issue Reedy does have top notch customer service. You can find a lot of setups for Reedy stuff as well as several AE drivers use reedy stuff. Reedy still uses the program box to program the esc which is fine and serves its purpose but I prefer the software layout and user friendly phone apps to program my esc.

Hobbywing has some neat features, can use the phone app to program esc which is nice. Don't care for their motors much they seem to be a few years behind the curve on their motors. Customer service is difficult to contact, however you can get questions answered pretty well on here. Not much out there for setup support.

Tekin has great customer service lots of help from team drivers and Randy Pike who runs the team is one of the great guys in rc. Randy will bend over backwards to get you pointed in the right direction. The phone app is really nice and the data logger provides more information than anything else on the market. The only thing i dislike about Tekin is their esc switch. I prefer the switch built into the esc. Switch is minor though. Tekin is easy to solder new wires with the solder posts. Tekin Gen3 motors are nice, have had good luck with them. Their new Spec R stock motors in my opinion are top notch. I race a lot of stock and was having issues keeping up with other brands out there until i upgraded to the new Spec R motors.

Orion has nice stuff esc's are smooth and well built. The new stuff coming out from them HMX esc's are super expensive when compared to the rest of the market. I have never used the HMX and never will because its hard to justify almost a 400.00 esc for a 10th scale car. I have never had any luck with their motors. Mine have all run hot and slow no matter how i tried to gear them. I have seen at least 3 of my friends use their motors and not like them either. Customer service goes through Horizon Hobby..... good luck getting any response from them.

All four esc's i mention have great tuning options and in my opinion equal on how they respond and feel. I used to think Tekin was not as smooth but their last few updates have put them right on par with everyone else.

From my experience would rate Tekin first followed by Reedy, Hobbywing and then Orion.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:06 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Red RC ? RC Car News » RDRP B64 adjustable caster block set

Old 11-23-2017, 08:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Red RC ? RC Car News » RDRP B64 carbon/aluminium centre bulkhead cover

Old 11-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Reading the post, does this car needs so many upgrades and/or modifications in order for it to perform right? I don't get it.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madness
Reading the post, does this car needs so many upgrades and/or modifications in order for it to perform right? I don't get it.
Not that I am aware of. I will race one in the near future in 13.5 medium to high bite dirt. The only thing that I will add is the machined shock internals and the aluminum steering rack.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.