Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree710Likes

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-01-2017, 03:20 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: RCBuddha
Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Welcome to the B64 Wiki!

Quick links to all the sections on the first page!

Petit RC Page

B64D Manual

Aftermarket Upgrades

Aftermarket parts

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Helpful Tips and Videos

How to properly Shim the B64 Diffs

B64 Club Racer video

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AccessRacer
How about some of you guys that are tqing and winning post your setups on here? Thanks
Try running Cole Tollard's setup from Chi Town.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

HRC A+B mounts available at AE now. Ordered those, and the rear roll bars. Now I have the complete Carpet Car LOL
Old 03-27-2017, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

How about some of you guys that are tqing and winning post your setups on here? Thanks
Team Associated B64D - Dustin Evans - Rumble In The Rockies - MHOR - 12.02.2017

This setup is a great baseline I just changed the front and rear diff oils to 10k front and 7k rear and went with the brown(thinnest) front sway bar zero front toe and the center pills for the c & d mounts. My track is medium bite very tight track on super soft tires.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I am not too sure about that. I would say about the same as the B44 arms. Maybe Skeeter is right, may be a temp issue. I will say this, there is a pattern in the breaking. Every broken arm I have seen has broken in the same spot. Either this way / or that way \ across the surface of the arms but there is always one point on the arm that has been consistent.

I know AE is behind us/the scenes working on setting this straight. The arms and the gearboxes will be improved and the level of durability and quality we all expected will be here soon.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

one thing I guess I find funny is that for the guys you say they never use setups, etc., they then go referencing using the out of the box setup which well, technically is a setup. To me at least, setups give us the ability to get the car going on the right track versus shooting in the dark and hoping our changes affect the car in the manner we desire. Not all of all us can't spend the time that the Pros do working out the best options for the vehicle. That is part of the reason why a variety of people will gravitate towards one car brand versus another where you are left out in the cold with no support at all (trust, me, it sucks!)

As for the breakage issues, the car is a first run still basically, so not too surprised, even with some having issues and others not. I would say instead of discounting what people are seeing for issues, maybe look at it that a certain run of cars could have had problems. Maybe a certain machine being used has something "wrong" with it and its specific parts are suspect versus running to the assumption that those breaking "suck".

For those coming from the Xray side of things, how close have you found the vehicles performance has been when you apply your xray setup (this piston, this oil, etc) on the AE car?
Old 03-27-2017, 08:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is what I have been running for medium bite outdoor with some dust.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC10B64 Thread-b64-setup.jpg  
AccessRacer likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I personally never said anyone was lying or that anyone sucked. I was just trying to enlighten some on a different thought process to make their cars better.
All I can say about breaking parts on this car is that in our experience at our track Those that bump a pipe or brush the wall haven't broke anything. IMO this car is on par durability wise with most on the market.
JDM_DOHC_SiR, protc3 and sgtlt like this.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:12 AM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonski
Anyone running the Reedy 13.5? If so, are you running the 1s or 2s version. I run on a 125x65 indoor track. Thanks
I would recommend the std 13.5, #254, for 4wd. The 1s version has less torque and will tend to run hotter.
jonski likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
Your way wrong on that man.. the b44 front arms would break if you looked at them cross eyed! I've taken some hits with this car and I thought the car broke forsure and it just kept going. The arms are significantly stronger compared to the b44.
Originally Posted by sunco1

Box set up except for:

Diffs: 7k front-100k center-5k rear
Rear shocks: white springs with 27.5 AE fluid
Chassis: Short rear brace
28/78 with fan
Pro-Line M4 Primes on med-high bite clay
Old 03-28-2017, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I just bought one! I can't wait to get it.
Scott R likes this.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I still have my gripes about the cars performance but I'm going to pay the car a big compliment. Out of all the 4 wheelers that I've owned its the easiest to work on. I just threw a completely fresh set up on today and with major shock changes, diff oils etc, its a pretty quick job. In under 2 hours I had the entire car apart, back together, and I even made a chassis liner out of a sheet of nylon that I got at the motorcycle shop. Pill changes and diff changes are a breeze too.....caster block swap takes a couple minutes.
protc3 likes this.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default B64D Outdoor Setups

Hi guys, for those who race outdoors here are some things we have been finding down here in Australia are working for us. Ive also posted this in my help thread, if you have any questions please ask.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...l#post14883480

------------------------
We have been busy working on the 64D. Out of the box, it is an amazing vehicle that is a huge step up from our b44 in terms of jump landing, durability and handling. As usual, we are finding a few items which are helping the car on outdoor tracks and in a few weeks I hope to be able to publish more information after testing on a few additional tracks.

Over the weekend we had the first round of the Vic States series at Wodonga, and I was fortunate to take the win there with 9 out of the top 10 driving B64D. The setup I used is here:
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/associ...donga20170326/

Some of the things we are finding:
- Increased droop is helping a lot on our tracks, especially at the front. Better low speed steering, smoother on power, flat lands big jumps even better.
- 100k centre makes the car easy to drive. Indoor setups have moved to 200K but 100 seems better on our tracks.
- We have been mainly running 7K frt / 5K rear diff oils but havent done a lot of tuning with those yet
- Longer links better for smoother tracks, shorter (kit) camber links help on bumpier / lower grip tracks.
- I am using the long rear tower with 31mm bodies for better bump riding (AE make a longer tower and so does Bezerk). Im also using Bezerk +1 ackerman plates which help low speed steering.

I hope everyone out there is enjoying their B64D and if you have any questions, please ask!

Ray
Old 03-28-2017, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I am not too sure about that. I would say about the same as the B44 arms. Maybe Skeeter is right, may be a temp issue. I will say this, there is a pattern in the breaking. Every broken arm I have seen has broken in the same spot. Either this way / or that way \ across the surface of the arms but there is always one point on the arm that has been consistent.

I know AE is behind us/the scenes working on setting this straight. The arms and the gearboxes will be improved and the level of durability and quality we all expected will be here soon.
Why do I get the feeling the guys at RPM are high-fiving each other right about now?!
Cain likes this.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 123 (97%+)

yes, ive broken an item or two so far....but with the performance gains that AE has accomplished in a very competitive 4wd buggy, i am very happy with it..

besides, this damage was 100% driver induced .......and we all learn from our mistakes.....

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread-img_4151.jpg

Team Associated RC10B64 Thread-img_4150.jpg
Old 03-29-2017, 05:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How the F did you do that? Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.